1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 56 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 3 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 56 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by solidgryffin View Post
    Anyone know how the gc items that grant exp bonus work? It says chance, and I never really noticed a bump in exp.
    I haven't used one personally yet, but I assume it works the same as it did in 1.0.

In 1.0, it would add +50% exp. Not to your end-result exp, though, it's added into the food/rested/quality bonus. You may not be noticing it, but it should be there. For example, you'll usually see something after your exp gain, like (+234%), but with the GC page in effect, it would instead say (+284%). In 1.0, it capped out at granting you 9,000 bonus exp, but I don't know if that's the same in ARR.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I haven't used one personally yet, but I assume it works the same as it did in 1.0.

In 1.0, it would add +50% exp. Not to your end-result exp, though, it's added into the food/rested/quality bonus. You may not be noticing it, but it should be there. For example, you'll usually see something after your exp gain, like (+234%), but with the GC page in effect, it would instead say (+284%). In 1.0, it capped out at granting you 9,000 bonus exp, but I don't know if that's the same in ARR.
    Due to how to exp to level changed in ARR, the pages now grant up to 20k or 40k bonus exp depending which tier you use.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

This one, first rank anyway, says cap at 20k exp.
    I think rank 2 is 50k (?) And rank 3 is 100k (?).
    They last 3 hours each.

I do remember seeing 200+%, but I was making hq items, and using rested bonus.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Another ProTip: if you get Excellent condition, stop whatever you are doing and immediately use your biggest +quality action. Huge, huge gains.
    I'd been facerolling most synths and not really paying attention to condition so question related to this. It seemed like when I had 7? Inner Quiet stacks, the 8th Hasty Touch I did granted something crazy like +900 quality instead of the (at that point) +200. Is this what's happening and I'm just dumb for not looking at condition when it happened?

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I'd been facerolling most synths and not really paying attention to condition so question related to this. It seemed like when I had 7? Inner Quiet stacks, the 8th Hasty Touch I did granted something crazy like +900 quality instead of the (at that point) +200. Is this what's happening and I'm just dumb for not looking at condition when it happened?
    Yes, though the control bonus from each Inner Quiet step will increase each Hasty Touch's quality gains incrementally, a sudden gain of that magnitude is from Excellent condition popping up. It also provides a massive craftsmanship boost, but I'd never waste a progress ability on it.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    And am I crazy or does like 70% of the time Tricks of the Trade pops, the orb is Good or better quality? I always have to choose between CP or extra quality gains. Placebo effect maybe, but I could swear it happens.
    Did you, uh, read the description of the ability? What did you think was causing it to proc?

Restores 20 CP. Can only be used when material condition is good.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    Did you, uh, read the description of the ability? What did you think was causing it to proc?

Restores 20 CP. Can only be used when material condition is good.
    Wow fail. No I clearly did not read the description. Let's just pretend this never happened.

What's the indicator of "recipe affinity" as far as the Brand skills are concerned?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    What's the indicator of "recipe affinity" as far as the Brand skills are concerned?
    Dodore Doublet if I remember said "affinity: Earth" under where the notes like "Quick Synthesis not allowed" or "Control/Craft needed: xx" is. Don't recall seeing that elsewhere but haven't pored over every recipe.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I've only seen it once. Ever.

It's literally 1.0 style element-flowing-around-the-orb.

Piece by Piece/Careful II it is then.

I'm also a bit fuzzy on what exactly Control does.

Are quality gains based on Control as progress is based on Craft? Does control effect how often you get good/excellent condition or is that just a crapshoot (or a lottery in the case of Excellent)?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Yes.
    The latter.

Well, it's nothing if not simple I guess.

Electric Six groupie
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jayne Barsala
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia

Is there a good guide on using craft skills? I'm trying to get a lot of the good ones that were suggested in the OP (starting alc now -___-) but so far I've just been doing trial and error for skill combos. Still unsure how a lot of these skills work in tandem.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I actually find the crafting system very engaging. While there is an element of randomness, the quality vs. durability vs. CP game adds some fun strategy on synths that matter. Of course, as your gear and ability loadout gets better and better, the list of synths that matter starts to dwindle rapidly; luckily, you have a much improved mass-synth mechanic for when you don't care about the results.

The beta3 crafting system was ridiculously simple and anyone with ALC43 could HQ everything every time. This system rewards the people who have invested time into proper subclassing, which is really all that I was looking for.

As for the OP, I'm starting to think that CRP50 is more important than ALC50. CZ is nice, but it's very much a frontrunner ability; I don't feel comfortable using it unless I'm at 180+ CP and 30+ dura, because the chances of me getting all 10 turns of CP are slim. Byregot's Blessing is basically a JP Button ("Make HQ") when you get around 2/3rd of the quality meter full.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

All the vintage gear synths seem to have affinity. At least the two I did on Armorer did.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by solidgryffin View Post
    This one, first rank anyway, says cap at 20k exp.
    I think rank 2 is 50k (?) And rank 3 is 100k (?).
    They last 3 hours each.

I do remember seeing 200+%, but I was making hq items, and using rested bonus.
    There is no tier 3 exp bonus scroll.

As I said before, Company-issue Engineering/Survival Manual gives +50% exp for up to 20k bonus, and Company-issue Engineering/Survival Manual II gives +50% exp for up to 40k bonus.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Something I noticed with the help of Active Help popups: after Excellent the condition seems to always go to Poor. Good always seems to go to Normal.

Below is from a lv44 synth (Peisteskin Cesti, Difficulty 156) done on my 47 Leatherworker, just because it's what I happened to be doing at the time. 219 Craft / 216 Control / 290 CP. Might be useful groundwork or something. Don't have 50 CRP yet or I would have gone for Byregot's numbers too.

Inner Quiet # > Control > Quality gained from previous step (Hasty Touch) > Rumination at # stacks
    0 > 216 > n/a
    1 > 259 > +112 (Good: +168) > (Rumination: +15 CP)
    2 > 302 > +127 (Good: +191 / Excellent: +511)
    3 > 345 > +143
    4 > 388 > +159 (Good: +239) > (Rumination: +39 CP)
    5 > 432 > +176 (Good: +264)
    6 > 475 > +192 (Excellent: +771) > (Rumination: +50 CP)
    7 > 518 > +209 (Good: +313) > (Rumination: +54 CP)
    8 > 561 > +225 > (Rumination: +57 CP)
    9 > 604 > +242 (Good: +363) > (Rumination: +59 CP)
    10 > 648 > +259
    11 > 691 > +276 > (Rumination: +60 CP)

Edit: I actually hit 48 before the last synth I did but Control/Craft values don't go up with level anyways it seems. Quality results didn't change from when I was 47.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Wow, based on that info, Rumination really sucks beyond a certain point. Byregot's for the fucking win; I use the shit out of it. Stack a Great Strides before it? Zoooooooooooom quality.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Byregot's probably has diminishing returns too but it's straight up +quality instead of "maybe I can use another ability possibly" so yeah.