1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 19 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 40 minutes
    Last weekly reset was -2 hours, -41 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 11 hours, 40 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 159 FirstFirst ... 51 91 99 100 101 102 103 111 151 ... LastLast
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It would give WVR/CRP/LTW a way to grind MCs like BSM/ARM/GSM can now.

Guess that's true, makes me wonder why it wasn't desynthable from the start.

It'll probably be limited to 1 max tho, like the specs.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

So, I've been out of the crafting game for a while, since we had some in our FC who could do anything needed. I sort-of want to make my own 3-star/4-star stuff.

By BSM is my best melded class. 351 Craft/340 Control/337 CP. Sort-of want to gear myself out on my own, but would I have to max meld for that, or can I do it with current stats and food? Also, where do I start?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    So, I've been out of the crafting game for a while, since we had some in our FC who could do anything needed. I sort-of want to make my own 3-star/4-star stuff.

By BSM is my best melded class. 351 Craft/340 Control/337 CP. Sort-of want to gear myself out on my own, but would I have to max meld for that, or can I do it with current stats and food? Also, where do I start?
    Considering how close we are to 3.0 now, I would probably just go for the artisans (i70) gear on the left hand rather than running the financial risk of either making or buying the i60 set and melding it. Do the crafting class quests, push the tool up to supra then push that tool again up to lucis, minimal cost.

(The i70 set is bought from the crafting trade in NPC in Mor Dhona, can't remember his name off the top of my head, the trade-in item for bsm is, I think HQ darksteel hook, can't check from work, which isn't too hard)

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

[s]Is there a cap on the number of crafts you can take to 50?[/s]

Nevermind. Sig two posts above answered that for me.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    [s]Is there a cap on the number of crafts you can take to 50?[/s]

Nevermind. Sig two posts above answered that for me.
    To add a little to that, they are introducing "Specializations" in 3.0, but we don't know much about what form they will take. They have hinted that it will be possible to have multiple specializations, but that this would be very time consuming (don't have source on hand, might be my memory playing tricks on me)

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Man I done fucked up. I went to make the Clothcraft lucis last night, so I go to make 20 HQ diluted vitriol. I'm looking at the synth and wondering why each synth needs 6 vitriols and 9 filtered waters. Whatever. So I go buy 120 vitriols and 180 filtered waters to make the 20 and realize after the first synth that each synth yields nine diluted vitriols. Oops.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did that, threw the rest at a friend who was making lucis a few before I was starting lol.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I almost did that too

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

If you need seals you can turn Diluted Vitriol into Giantsgall weapons to trade for GC seals.
    Some servers sell mossy items for sub 100 gil so the only real cost is the clusters.

Weapons are i70, dont remember how many seals that its compared to i55 items

filthy liars!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Deuce Angaar
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

If you're purchasing all items from your GC which is around 77000 points then you'll need roughly 122 i55 items or with seal sweetener II, 110. My math is probably a little off but that should be pretty close.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone got some tips for luci turn in items? I'm having trouble making a rotation I like on ffxivcrafter

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

So I google-fu'd a little bit and there are a couple rotations out there that are basically "spam master's mend and hasty touch till you get 11 stacks and have enough CP to close".

Is that fairly representative of the normal path?

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Here is mine, the goal for me is to reach 8 HT. Not sure if anyone has something with 9 or more HT.

Needs 1 Trick to finish. Every other trick can turn HT into basic touch. Entire last section is fluid to bait out the good proc.

Edit: I guess you found better rotations for doing 10+HT lol

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm looking for a realistic GSM desynth path 100-110. I don't think accessory drops are realistic based on my playstyle.

Gold Spectacles cost about 40k in mats on my server and have a chance to return battlecraft 3 (going for 110k) according to this link: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...-Endgame-Guide

Has anyone done these at higher levels? It gave me a .24 skillup at level 96 with a 62% chance. Will it continue to give .10 skillups or better at level 109? I'm not sure I understand the desynth formula, which is why I'm asking.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I have my doubts that it will give anything more than single digit skillsup (if even that) at 105+. I can probably go test it real soon when I log in.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I just broke down direworlf accessories (pvp gear) since they are also i90, like the gold specs. At dlvl 106, I got 0.06 and 0.07. Skillups will probably die out/not make it worth doing it past 108.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm playing around with the crafting simulator and it appears the use of Ingenuity II on 4 star recipes is basically pointless?

Putting it in a GS > INN > Ingenuity II > BB > CS2 > CS2 closing rotation only gives an additional 12 progress and less than 100 quality (This is with inner quiet built to 7 I think).

It seems like I may have better results if I try to repurpose those 32 CP elsewhere.

Any experienced crafters can chime in on what I'm seeing? Maybe simulator is wrong?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm guessing "INQ II" refers to Ingenuity II? Inner Quiet needs no explanation.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes, edited my posted to avoid confusion. So ingenuity II, worthless on 4 star items?