1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 9 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 14 hours, 14 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 2 hours, 45 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 7 hours, 14 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 108 of 159 FirstFirst ... 58 98 106 107 108 109 110 118 158 ... LastLast
    RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ding Ding
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

35 dura is identical to 40 dura except it takes away the place of "waste not" which is a little bit CP efficiency. However the 70 dura one takes out 10 dura which is basiclly crafting a 80 dura recipes with 26 to 30 CP less to start with. New gears give you 404 CP compare to 348 CP (back in 2.0) so the overall concept of crafting new 1 star compare to the old one does not change too much.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

...People actually use Waste Not?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I use Waste not on almost every synth.

What are you doing instead, the hasty touch/manipulation cycle?

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Edelweiss View Post
    ...People actually use Waste Not?
    I used waste not for my macro for 35/40 durability stuff as I was lvling O_o

manually did the 70/80 dura stuff (I don't use waste not for that though)

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Waste Not is less CP efficient than Manipulation.

I only use it in macros, or if I'm somehow stuck in CP limbo near the end of a synth, where I can't afford to use Manipulation but I really need more IQ stacks instead of burning CP on Standard/Advanced Touch.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The point of Waste Not is to get your durability from a X0 (80, 70, etc.) to a X5 (75, 65, etc.), and refund yourself 20CP back in the process. If you can accomplish that, it's better than Manipulation. It is, of course, somewhat of a gamble, just like Hasty Touch spamming.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I'm not sure anyone cares, but the CP cap on level 55 HQ crafting body is 4.

I didn't search for the Craftsmanship or control cap (since it's just a bridge piece to 60 gear anyway), but I could have put 15 Craftsmanship instead of 10 on if I wanted.

I presume all the caps are higher than Artisan since It's i100 vs i60, but would be nice to know caps.

Ultimately, not that it matters. Would be like knowing the caps on velveteen gear, who cares.

The base CP on i100 gear is scary. And CP materia so fkin expensive atm Lol

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Garland Tools has the stat caps for all gear, pretty nifty. For the crafter body its:
    +29 Craftsmanship
    +9 Control
    +4 CP

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I didn't know that Garland Tools website existed.

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Not even going to meld the left side yet, just melding the right side is overkill for stats

Add on using crafted food seafoodstew HQ (costs under 6K total if you farm the paprika thing and just buy all the seafood stuff and also great to sell at rip off prices to the public) and you got like 430-440CP.

veerrryy easy to HQ stuff (with or without specialization) manually crafting. Probably 80% chance to HQ without food on 1 star, as long as rngjesus doesn't rape you.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Aynone know the melding cap on the Crafter Lv 59 Offhand HQ?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Are we assuming that red scripts crafting gear is going to be better than craftable i150 gear?

Or maybe that red scripts will give us access to another book with craftable i180ish gear?

I have trouble believing that straight scripts gear will be best in slot because denying crafters the chance to make their own gear seems particularly cruel and short sighted.

I'm guessing we still have another tier of gear to see, which red scripts come out, which makes me dis-inclined to try to meld current i150 gear, and Gulk mentioned in previous post.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Aynone know the melding cap on the Crafter Lv 59 Offhand HQ?
    Get ready to laugh.

Craftsmanship +52
    Control +26
    CP +4

Also, posted previously in this thread, a resource I hadn't heard of till yesterday has all your stat/gear caps on everything:

http://www.garlandtools.org/db/

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Are we assuming that red scripts crafting gear is going to be better than craftable i150 gear?

Or maybe that red scripts will give us access to another book with craftable i180ish gear?

I have trouble believing that straight scripts gear will be best in slot because denying crafters the chance to make their own gear seems particularly cruel and short sighted.

I'm guessing we still have another tier of gear to see, which red scripts come out, which makes me dis-inclined to try to meld current i150 gear, and Gulk mentioned in previous post.
    Scrips gear wont be BiS, Yoshi said that on one of the live letters. But yeah, I doubt what we have atm is going to be endgame crafting gear, we prolly gonna get some new sets soon*

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Get ready to laugh.

Craftsmanship +52
    Control +26
    CP +4

Also, posted previously in this thread, a resource I hadn't heard of till yesterday has all your stat/gear caps on everything:

http://www.garlandtools.org/db/
    So almost better to keep them unmedled HQ atm till V are out lol

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Its probably safe to say, whatever gear comes out with the red scrips addition... that will be the time that whatever the "bis crafting gear" is, will last awhile and should meld then

Also, its most likely safe to max meld accessories currently

P.s. I dunno about you, but I doubt I will be using V materia for a long time unless there is a way to get them easier (maybe red scrips!?). Not sure I'd like to shove 3mil materia into a socket any less than 100% and even then I think I'd go with that 3mil

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    So almost better to keep them unmedled HQ atm till V are out lol
    V is technically out atm, and if you check the boards, they are averaging 2mil+

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva View Post
    Its probably safe to say, whatever gear comes out with the red scrips addition... that will be the time that whatever the "bis crafting gear" is, will last awhile and should meld then

Also, its most likely safe to max meld accessories currently

P.s. I dunno about you, but I doubt I will be using V materia for a long time unless there is a way to get them easier (maybe red scrips!?). Not sure I'd like to shove 3mil materia into a socket any less than 100% and even then I think I'd go with that 3mil

V is technically out atm, and if you check the boards, they are averaging 2mil+
    yeah but you can only get them with the Goblin no? I mean out like SB and stuff

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I bet they unlock spiritbond conversion on crafting tier V with red scripts too

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ding Ding
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Waste Not is less CP efficient than Manipulation.

I only use it in macros, or if I'm somehow stuck in CP limbo near the end of a synth, where I can't afford to use Manipulation but I really need more IQ stacks instead of burning CP on Standard/Advanced Touch.
    Do the math:
    WN: 56CP for 20 dura, 28CP/dura
    Man: 88CP for 30 dura, 29.33CP/dura