1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 6 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 53 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 6 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 109 of 159 FirstFirst ... 59 99 107 108 109 110 111 119 ... LastLast
    Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Speaking of CP efficiency, it seems we all missed a hidden gem in the Name of (element) actions: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._for_crafting/

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Speaking of CP efficiency, it seems we all missed a hidden gem in the Name of (element) actions: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme..._for_crafting/
    Sounds like its broken? Dont see a reason why it would be so OP on non-elemental crafts.

Just tried it btw, and it seems its working as they reported it Lol Name of Fire + Brand of fire One shot Adamantite Nuggets on my lvl6I0, 710 Craft BSM. Didnt work out so well on my lvl59 Arm, still needed two moves, and at that pace I´d rather stick to Rapid + CS2

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Rata, that depends what you are making? Level appropriate stuff? 58 recipes?

Also, has anyone messed with Brand + Name usage? I have a FC mate that swears they can get like 400+ progress off 21 cp at the beginning of a synth using this. I haven't tried yet, but can anyone confirm? If true, and with steady hand it wouldn't fail, it would be an interesting usage. Certainly better than rapid synth.
    I brought it up! I just figured it was known.

I can one-shot complete all of the 35 durability crafts. It appears to work on ANY single element synth. So leather is earth crystal, can one shot the finish with SH > Name of Earth > Brand of earth. It's like 473 progress.

I can personally confirm it works on Holy water, all leather synths, Hallowed water for sure. Possibly the nuggets too, but I can't remember.

It only works on first progress move, and it's sort of cp intensive. SH > Name > Brand is 43 cp. 22 > 15 > 6.

edit:

Ingenuity affects it btw, my "473 progress" included Ingenuity II, which I've been using to fish for good/excellent Byregots.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I would say working as intended. It would certainly explain why still Ingenuity 2 sucks so bad for progress. They want people to use this. It also makes sense since the 2 who do not get a Brand/Name (CUL/GSM) have their own Progress gimmick lv54 moves.

Does element even matter for it? It's not like crystal type ever mattered before. Aspected was only for like, some housing synths.

spider123

Edit: Scratch that.

Apparently Whistle increases ability Progress whenever it's in a multiple of 3. That's what was giving me extra Progress.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Are there any crafting simulators for 3.0?

Been using them all the while in 2.0 and it's tedious to not be able to simulate a craft to 100% hq before actually trying.
    Was using ffxivcrafter previously, but it is not updated

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Rotations for 3.0, anything special to note on certain durability or just go with the flow? Only done a /few/ crafts so far but most of the leveling was from mass amounts of gathering mats and quick synth spamming. I assume CZ/IQ/SH2 Hasty spam, restore dura, rinse repeat till 'finisher' and complete the synth. New skills proper use of when or replace anything old completely?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Rotations for 3.0, anything special to note on certain durability or just go with the flow? Only done a /few/ crafts so far but most of the leveling was from mass amounts of gathering mats and quick synth spamming. I assume CZ/IQ/SH2 Hasty spam, restore dura, rinse repeat till 'finisher' and complete the synth. New skills proper use of when or replace anything old completely?
    So far all of the old rotations have been workin just fine for me, but I havent tried 1 star yet. More of the same really, hasty spam, manip, hasty spam, manip, hasty, manip, finisher, done.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

CP did not scale as much as Craftsmanship/Control did with the new gear. It's a bit disappointing.

I understand though, CP manipulation is the holy grail for crafters, give us another 50 CP and we could extend some synths another 10 steps.

But still disappointing.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Getting a down, i'm out of leve quests and LWR + WVR are annoying as shit to level, since there is no 'easy' craft to spam

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Getting a down, i'm out of leve quests and LWR + WVR are annoying as shit to level, since there is no 'easy' craft to spam
    Wat. I lvl´d wvr with mostly ramie/rainbow thread spam, old 1 star craft macro worked for the most part, might have rep´d basic with hasty, but eh as long as it completed the craft and got dat xp.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

BTN and combat retainers are must-have for expedient WVR leveling. Combat for LTW also.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    Wat. I lvl´d wvr with mostly ramie/rainbow thread spam, old 1 star craft macro worked for the most part, might have rep´d basic with hasty, but eh as long as it completed the craft and got dat xp.
    It's still annoying having to farm all those ramie and flax but hey gotta work for that xp

BTN and combat retainers are must-have for expedient WVR leveling. Combat for LTW also.
    Battle Class Retainers are just too OP this time around, had to reset a few of mine just to have them slave for me and gather me skins and what not. Btn lost its appeal very quickly, got way too much Ramie/rainbow cotton that I know what to do with.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah I just have mine spamming Highland Wheat for CUL, for lack of anything else more useful.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've got 1 DoM, 1 FSH, and 3 each of BTN/MIN.

All are still in the process of leveling, but I felt the pain of the lack of combat classes when I was leveling LTW. That shit hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I've got 1 DoM, 1 FSH, and 3 each of BTN/MIN.

All are still in the process of leveling, but I felt the pain of the lack of combat classes when I was leveling LTW. That shit hurt.
    You gonna regret having so many btn retainers, I have two and was thinking of respec´ing one to Battle class but that leveling shit takes forever xD

I mean btn are useful for when you are leveling wvr, but once you get enough of that ramie/rainbow they become next to useless. Battle class on the other hand, bring you shit for "endgame" gear atm, and sells really well on the mb.

Quote Originally Posted by Guardian Angel View Post
    Can I craft level 60 items that are better then the ones in the dungeons?
    Not better than ex roulette dungeons, not yet at least. They will probably add more shit to master books III whence Savage Alex releases.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

They are roughly equal. Dungeon drops are i160 and current best crafted gear (which will change Tuesday, I'd bet my life) is i160. I think you can get higher total stats from the crafted gear if you overmeld, but I don't think any of it outclasses i180, which is law + upgrade.

I bet all that changes Tuesday though (a week from today). We know Alexander savage, esoteric tomes, and red crafting/gathering scripts all come out that day.

I'm assuming we will have some crafted situational gear that is better than savage gear, like we did with FCOB and strength builds, etc.

I do hope crafting gear is at least marginally competitive. But the best gear should always come from the hardest content.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    Not better than ex roulette dungeons, not yet at least. They will probably add more shit to master books III whence Savage Alex releases.
    Maybe. My bet is on Mastercraft IV books coming from red crafting scripts, and them being gated in such a way that if you do you scripts every day/week, you can get all the books just before 3.1 drops. So roughly a book every 10-14 days.

Just my guess.