1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 14 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 9 hours, 44 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 7 hours, 15 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 2 hours, 44 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 139 of 159 FirstFirst ... 89 129 137 138 139 140 141 149 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Most of us that are grinding out the 2-star sets for crafters are betting that 3-star comes out in 3.1 and requires you to have at least some of it to make the stuff. The grind is pretty serious, but you can make 2-star without spec pretty easily, just a matter of doing the favors to get the stuff. Its entirely possible that its all for naught, but its at least something to do while we have nothing to do but spamwipe in A3S and cap esos every week.

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Out of leves at this point so I am spamming basic synths to exp. Other than quick synthesis, is there any way to either a. not have to press "Synthesize" between every damn synth and/or b. anyway to link macros to go beyond the 15 line limit without having to press a second macro?

I am open to all ideas, even if they involve top secretness through a PM.

Thanks

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

The best I can offer you is that you can drag a synth to your hotbar, so you can hit it rather than the "Synthesize" button.

No, you can't chain macros without either 3rd party software, or a keyboard that handles its own macros.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Just do the easiest collectible turn in for exp too if you are 50+

Fishing Guru
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    The best I can offer you is that you can drag a synth to your hotbar, so you can hit it rather than the "Synthesize" button.

No, you can't chain macros without either 3rd party software, or a keyboard that handles its own macros.
    Hmm, I do still use a G11 with 18 Gbuttons on the left hand side. I used to use it with Windower and the Plugin with .txt macros back in the ffxi days. Is this still possible, if so, any idea how? I really want to be able to send commands to ffxiv without having the game be the focus window. I do real life MS Office type work while crafting so it'd be really nice if I didn't have to actually click back to the ffxiv window.

Also @Neon_Sea - unfortunately WVR60, CRP50, CUL25 (working on now), and everything else is 20ish.

Cassalot

Dont post links to 3rd party programs. I don't care what you guys do just don't post about it here.

.......we have an entire thread devoted to ACT but a general-use hotkey program that's not even designed for games much less this game is somehow a problem?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Mini-bots vs parsing etc

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

So I've started crafting recently and have my gatherers at 60 and all crafts at 50, with weaver at 52. Now since I've started crafting late, I don't have all the fancy Lucis, Artisan, melds, etc. I bought most of the HQ rainbow cloth for leves (as I found them semi-cheap one early morning) to get weaver to 52. This was after trying to craft them myself and failing to HQ as my gear isn't great and probably my rotation isn't anywhere close to ideal. Obviously I should be doing GC turn ins everyday and I do try to, but I'm finding it near impossible trying to make HQ 3.0 items for leves. Scrip exp right now seems a bit lackluster for the effort needed to put into the specified craft at 50 & 52. I feel like there's a big wall here, but I'm determined to get all crafts at 60.

Anyone have any tips and/or rotations other than just getting better gear? I've heard gear gets significantly better at 53+. Am I going to be stuck with the hard times until 53 in all these crafts?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I did the early levels by quick synthing a bunch of shit I got from grinding my DoL jobs. Chugged some o' those scrolls they give you for the lv50 quests and just went nuts. Do you have any leftover mats from getting your DoLs to 60? Do you have a BTN or MIN retainer? They can bring back a bunch of shit for you to churn through.

That's not the way to do it if you want to be money/resource efficient, but crafting sure gets boring and slow if you try to do everything manually.

Also, do you know anyone that could make you gear for cheap/free?

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

I did the early levels by quick synthing a bunch of shit I got from grinding my DoL jobs. Chugged some o' those scrolls they give you for the lv50 quests and just went nuts. Do you have any leftover mats from getting your DoLs to 60? Do you have a BTN or MIN retainer? They can bring back a bunch of shit for you to churn through.

That's not the way to do it if you want to be money/resource efficient, but crafting sure gets boring and slow if you try to do everything manually.
    Echoing the scrolls. Besides the commercial scrolls, you can carry 99 of the GC scrolls. Since you already did gathering you probably already know this, but you should carry 10 on you at all times and pop them even if you arent going to get the full 40k exp. For commercial scrolls, quick synth will be the best exp/second to use the full scroll's worth of experience. HQ'ing the synth for 500% total bonus won't be multiple NQ @ 200%. Personally, I did this only for birch sap, but I know others who did it with aurum regis nuggets(GSM), Mythrite nugget->ingot(BSM & ARM), and CRP(all the wood). ALC was a pain for me, I did that exclusively using GC turn in and leves.

Also, dont forget to check the MB for cheap items that are used for the leves. I think the crafting rush is over so hopefully the prices have gone back down. At level 58, the frog in Matoya's cave sells nq pieces used for some cheaper leves. For example: Level 58 LTW leve Bar of the Bannerman requires 1 Serpentskin belt of aiming. Froggie sells these for 11.5k. The leve will give you back ~1000g. So this is roughly 10k gil for 199,000 exp. There are more of these too, just use your database of choice as a reference.

Edit: I guess i should comment on actually making items manually. At some point, you'll get all of those Name of (the) X skills. The description is sortve misleading, it doesn't have anything to do with elements for your brand. It basically turns brand into a strong generic synthesis. While you craft, be sure to check how powerful your FIRST name+brand is before you craft the item. You can avoid using INGII once you can successfully name+brand and 2shot a 40dura item. Eventually, you'll be able to oneshot 40dura items with name+brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    So I've started crafting recently and have my gatherers at 60 and all crafts at 50, with weaver at 52. Now since I've started crafting late, I don't have all the fancy Lucis, Artisan, melds, etc. I bought most of the HQ rainbow cloth for leves (as I found them semi-cheap one early morning) to get weaver to 52. This was after trying to craft them myself and failing to HQ as my gear isn't great and probably my rotation isn't anywhere close to ideal. Obviously I should be doing GC turn ins everyday and I do try to, but I'm finding it near impossible trying to make HQ 3.0 items for leves. Scrip exp right now seems a bit lackluster for the effort needed to put into the specified craft at 50 & 52. I feel like there's a big wall here, but I'm determined to get all crafts at 60.

Anyone have any tips and/or rotations other than just getting better gear? I've heard gear gets significantly better at 53+. Am I going to be stuck with the hard times until 53 in all these crafts?
    Are you makin use of all the useful cross class skills? I dont remember having this much difficulty HQ´ing stuff on my mule, and she had shit gear. SHII + Hasty + Comfortz Zone + Waste not II go a very long way when leveling up.

But yeah, try to get to 53 asap, precise touch is a life saver. If all else fails, just macro spam old 1* shit to get to 53, shouldnt take too long.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Unfortunately I don't have any leftover mats from DoL. I sold it all as I didn't think I'd level crafting once I got them to 60. I do have some people able to craft gear for me, but it's hard to catch them online as they've mostly been on a break until 3.1.

I do try to keep a bunch of scrolls on me. Right now I have 20+ of the commercial ones from doing all the ishgard entry quests. And I have a few other ones from seals.

As far as crafting ease goes, I was mostly talking about 40 durability items like rainbow thread and cloth as I needed the cloth for leves and to do actual armor. I know they are the hardest to do and there's even new 35 dura items ahead. I haven't used WNII yet, but I'll have to consider it for some of the higher durability items.

Is this a good site to use to try and figure out a decent rotation or is there something better? http://ffxiv-beta.lokyst.net/index.html#/simulator

These were my usual leveling rotations until 50.
    My usual 40 rotation consists of: CZ -> IQ -> SH2 -> Hasty until low Durability -> Master's Mend -> repeat SH2 & Hasty w/ a Great Strides + Blessing until 100% hq or I need to finish the item due to low CP/durability
    My usual 80 rotation consists of: CZ -> IQ -> SH2 -> Hasty until out of SH2 stacks -> Careful Synthesis II x2 -> Master's Mend 2 -> SH2 & Hasty w/ a Great Strides + Blessing until 100% hq or I need to finish

Thanks for all the tips!

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I've never used any crafting simulators, so I can't help you there, but I did want to comment on this...
    Quote Originally Posted by Demenic View Post
    I haven't used WNII yet, but I'll have to consider it for some of the higher durability items.
    WN2 is a pretty garbage skill except in very particular cases because you're guaranteed to have your Steady Hand buff drop during its duration. The last time I had a good use for WN2 was in a macro, since I had everything planned out in advance (deliberately wasting one turn of it to use SH2).

All that said, all this doesn't apply to WN1, and I do use WN1 once on most synths.

I've never used any crafting simulators, so I can't help you there, but I did want to comment on this...

WN2 is a pretty garbage skill except in very particular cases because you're guaranteed to have your Steady Hand buff drop during its duration. The last time I had a good use for WN2 was in a macro, since I had everything planned out in advance (deliberately wasting one turn of it to use SH2).

All that said, all this doesn't apply to WN1, and I do use WN1 once on most synths.
    WNII is far from garbage, I use it in all of my 2* crafts and Ive yet to NQ a single one.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Luthia View Post
    WNII is far from garbage, I use it in all of my 2* crafts and Ive yet to NQ a single one.
    Just because you can still HQ, doesn't make it not-garbage. If you're 100% sure that you won't need to scrap more than one action during WN2, then yeah, it's the most CP-efficient durability-saver. I am curious though, what do you do when you encounter a Good condition during WN2? If you wind up scrapping two or more turns during WN2 (for example, using one one step for refreshing SH2, then another step for using Tricks of the Trade on a Good condition), then you would've been better off using Master's Mend 2. You also wouldn't want to refresh Comfort Zone during WN2, since that would waste a turn. It just seems too limiting of a skill, to me.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Terrestrial Rage
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

With how tight cross-class skills are now, I can't justify using one for a skill thats marginally better than Master's Mend 2 in a vacuum, and almost every time worse in practical application. It all really doesn't matter though, 2-stars are easy now with melded accessories and Seafood Stew.

Just because you can still HQ, doesn't make it not-garbage. If you're 100% sure that you won't need to scrap more than one action during WN2, then yeah, it's the most CP-efficient durability-saver. I am curious though, what do you do when you encounter a Good condition during WN2? If you wind up scrapping two or more turns during WN2 (for example, using one one step for refreshing SH2, then another step for using Tricks of the Trade on a Good condition), then you would've been better off using Master's Mend 2. You also wouldn't want to refresh Comfort Zone during WN2, since that would waste a turn. It just seems too limiting of a skill, to me.
    What I do on goods under WNII is very situational, however, I almost never consume them for CP. If I happen to get goods during MaMa Phase, which happens around 80% of my synths, then Ill precise the goods during WNII. And in the rotation I use, only one stack of WNII is wasted to refresh SHII.

Cloak & Dagger
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Demenic Altreas
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Got 53 Weaver and had a friend craft me all HQ 53 gear. It made everything so much easier. I can actually HQ pretty nicely now on 40 durability items, provided I don't fuck up my rotations. Precise Touch is amazing also. Now it's more of a puzzle trying to determine if I need to do TotT or if I can splurge for Precise. It doesn't make it a complete snooze fest like leveling to 50 was.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Precise touch is absolutely amazing. Makes missing ht not that bad when you get at least 1 or 2 precise touches