1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 45 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 150 of 159 FirstFirst ... 100 140 148 149 150 151 152 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yah I decided to just hit minimum craftsmanship requirements for 2 star and max CP, then make up the rest of the control with food when I need to do 2-star stuff.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I just did my gathering gear "good enough" to get HQs on the highest level stuff. And I suppose if 4.3 rolls around and there's gear that's gonna be a lot better max melded and I need it for catching fish, then I'll farm that up and junk my current set (aka put it on my poor retainer that didn't get my hand-me-down ironworks lol).
    What does this look like? I'm able to gather yellow script collectibles, I'm not sure how much I should meld on for gatherer at this point and even why.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

IIrc you need a shit-ton of perception to get HQs on lv70 items. Or something. 1200 percep for HQs on folklore/legendary nodes so forget that for now. I just go overboard with my gatherer melds for fishing (not like it ends up mattering, I just like to pretend it does). Right now I'm using this as my melds: http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/125N1

But I still can't catch any fucking fish lol

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I have 1202 perception (as Silenka stated, need 1200 for chance at HQing the hard stuff), can't remember my gathering and 724 GP (lets you do the 30%+ Quality up + 2x mats) on my DOL, it's not a superrough meld since T4/T5 is pretty easy to get from airship ventures/red scrips/SBing, but I did have to spend about 45 T5s for the 10% 3rd meld on the offhand ><

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is anyone 95% gather rate on legendary nodes? I'd love to know what that gathering number is.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've seen some comments that you want to meld up to 700 GP for gathering. Anyone got any insight as to why? All the collectible moves I care about are 200 GP each, so 600 and 800 would be the numbers I cared about and you can't hit 800 even with food.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There are many nodes that give you bonuses like attempts+1 if your GP is over a certain value; I know it's 650ish on normal LV70 nodes but I haven't checked folklore/legendary yet. Additionally, there are three 100GP actions which are potentially useful:

- gathering rate +15% (if you are <100%)
    - HQ rate +10%
    - 1/2/3 extra yield on next attempt

On the subject of HQ, if you gather a collectible and it shows the HQ animation, does that give you a bonus to collectibility rating?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yes, it procs a higher collectible score.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I've seen some comments that you want to meld up to 700 GP for gathering. Anyone got any insight as to why? All the collectible moves I care about are 200 GP each, so 600 and 800 would be the numbers I cared about and you can't hit 800 even with food.
    700 GP lets you use Leaf Turn3 and Blessed harvest (or the mining equivalent), in addition to procing a lot of the special stats nodes.
    If you have 1200+ perception as well you'll be getting a lot of HQs, which makes the current "hard synths" pretty easy to HQ.

As far as collectibles go, 650 lets you use the +5% gathering, and 700 lets you pop the 15% gathering+, the unspoiled nodes right now are around 91% for me with 1176 gathering and 1202 perception pre-food, so the just 5% doesn't guarantee I land all my swings.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't see the point of yellow scripts for either DoL or DoH right now

If you're a fisher, it's somewhere along the lines of 5-20 Yellow Scrip per Everdeep Aethersand. Most other options are suboptimal compared to melded gear, though the mainhands aren't terrible if you want to save some materia.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I don't see the point of yellow scripts for either DoL or DoH right now
    Bought some koshu pork for the new cul recipe. Currently have both near capped in case future patches made them useful, maybe even buying tier 6 materias with yellow scrips.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Bought some koshu pork for the new cul recipe. Currently have both near capped in case future patches made them useful, maybe even buying tier 6 materias with yellow scrips.
    I'm not there yet, but that's how I'm trending myself.

What do you guys do to grind red gathering scrips? still working on my books...

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

It looks like the random CP reduction from Initial Preparations is -30%.

Advanced Touch: from 48 to 34
    Great Strides: from 32 to 23
    Byregot's Blessing: from 24 to 17

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    the nodes are pretty frequent at 70, http://www.ffxivclock.com/#/ use the stormblood tab.
    If your perception is high, with the new % chance of proc on the quality increase ability gets pretty high so you can use single mind a fair bit, there's a node almost each intervall that gives red scrips, makes it go pretty fast.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    All my GC Squadron chemistry is for either crafting or gathering scrips.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    All my GC Squadron chemistry is for either crafting or gathering scrips.
    I took 3.1-3.5 off and I don't understand this comment, can you explain?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

At your GC, you can recruit a squadron of NPCs that you send out on 18-hour missions for rewards. (basically like retainers or FC airships)
    As you send them out on missions, they randomly earn "chemistry" bonuses like:

"When accompanying a Lalafell, there is a 20% chance to receive gathering scrips."
    "When all squadron members are of a different class, party chemistry trigger rates increase by 40%."
    "When three or more squadron members are of the same race, there is a 30% chance to receive caster materia."

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

The better ones I believe only trigger from priority missions (the once a week ones).