1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 37 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 13 hours, 22 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -4 hours, -23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 158 of 159 FirstFirst ... 108 148 156 157 158 159 LastLast
    E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

So, just finished making all my 460 crafting gear. All nodes are now 100%/15%. I can get +3 Pick clean on all normal nodes, and when I'm farming Aethersands I don't get anything less than 7/8 with no food. Pop a Coffee Biscuit and I'm 8/8 on all collectibles for Chiaroglow and Scuroglow Aethersand. I think this gathering gear = credits rolling for Shadowbringers gathering. Sitting at 2276 gathering and 2325 perception, with no food. 2402 percetion with Coffee Biscuit.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Congrats on beating the crafting/gathering game!

I'm still trying to figure out the optimal way to craft stuff now. Do macros for stuff like custom deliveries exist? Seems everything is too contingent on if you have good/excellent to make good macros even for lower level stuff.

Did you need to use HQ mats for making the current gear or is there a surefire way of making it provided certain stats? I wonder if I'm gonna have to make another gear step first because I'm still using melded SB gear atm. I'm still leveling my crafters from 70-80 and at this point manually making all the HQ items for my leves D: feelsbadman

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Do you have any 80 crafter? If yes then you can use it to craft custom delivery stuff easily and hand it in as any class you wish.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Also you get reflect at 69 so its stupid good to start with. Reflect -> Prudent Touches -> Finisher -> Name -> Brand -> Whatever else you need finish crafts.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

What ability is "finisher" that you're referencing? =X

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    What ability is "finisher" that you're referencing? =X
    Innovation, Great Strides, Byregot's

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Ahh, so it's basically Reflect -> Inner Quiet -> Prudent Touches (until you're close to capping quality) -> Innovation -> Great Strides -> BB to get capped quality. Followed by Name -> Brand x3 -> Whatever else is needed to finish progress?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ahh, so it's basically Reflect -> Inner Quiet -> Prudent Touches (until you're close to capping quality) -> Innovation -> Great Strides -> BB to get capped quality. Followed by Name -> Brand x3 -> Whatever else is needed to finish progress?
    That's what I'd do for basics. Manipulation is pretty good for durability regain if you need that.

Haven't done a leveling craft that wasn't for level80 in awhile but that should be basic enough to figure it out.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Cool! I haven't touched crafting since I got Gsm to 80 but with the new collectibles doode, I might just cap out white scrips for the hell of it and needed a simple way to get back into it.

Also, remember when they increased EXP for crafting and gathering? This was posted on reddit of someone using a levekit

Spoiler: show

I dunno how good the EXP was before doing this. But kind of crazy it's not until level 60 that you need multiple turn-ins to get a level

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Do you have any 80 crafter? If yes then you can use it to craft custom delivery stuff easily and hand it in as any class you wish.
    Yup I have them all at 72+ currently, just finishing up. Crafting that stuff isn't a problem, just looking for a macro to do it lazy way instead of manually crafting it every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Also you get reflect at 69 so its stupid good to start with. Reflect -> Prudent Touches -> Finisher -> Name -> Brand -> Whatever else you need finish crafts.
    I do start with reflect but then I usually Manip+hasty or delicate and watch for procs. I don't think I'm doing it right lol. I'll try to follow the rotation here. I just have a hard time balancing durability loss with pushing quality, and I'm sorely missing steady hand for stuff like hasty touch and rapid synth. While it's true it seems like I can take nearly any random route to get to a finished HQ craft, sometimes it cuts verrry close or relies on luck and I just need to know the most efficient way instead of the random-ass ways I've been taking lol.

Reflect basically replaces Inner Quiet so you can safely toss that button aside.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I do start with reflect but then I usually Manip+hasty or delicate and watch for procs. I don't think I'm doing it right lol. I'll try to follow the rotation here. I just have a hard time balancing durability loss with pushing quality, and I'm sorely missing steady hand for stuff like hasty touch and rapid synth. While it's true it seems like I can take nearly any random route to get to a finished HQ craft, sometimes it cuts verrry close or relies on luck and I just need to know the most efficient way instead of the random-ass ways I've been taking lol.
    So hasty absolutely sucks dog balls and I wouldn't event recommend rapid synth for the same shit. The shit I listed should work out.

At level76 you can swap prudent touch for delicate synthesis which gives you 100% progress and quality for 10 Durability which is actually huge. Use it until you're almost finished in progress and then continue with prudent or a waste not prepatory touch if you got CP to spare.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Did a bit more testing, looks like I can also hit +3 Pick Clean on all the hidden nodes except the higher level ones like Tungsten Ore and Prism Stones, I haven't tried them with Perception food yet. So maybe +3 is still doable with them if I use food? Not sure.

Note: I don't know why, but getting bonus +4 procs with Pick Clean on Lignum Vitae logs is just soooo satisfying lol. I'm in love with gathering right now. I farmed 240 Lignum Vitae logs in like 10 min earlier today lol.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you haven't already they buffed up the exp the retainers EXP get which is like fucking insane. Highly recommend making them Botanist or Miner.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

For custom deliveries I just use the 80 ability that gives quality at the start and then whatever to get progress. Macroing for this is a little tricky though since there are different difficulties depending on npc and item they're asking for

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I used to have 1 macro that would make all that stuff because it's all below a certain difficulty. Now though... Q_Q

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    For custom deliveries I just use the 80 ability that gives quality at the start and then whatever to get progress. Macroing for this is a little tricky though since there are different difficulties depending on npc and item they're asking for
    tbh I just

/ac "Trained Eye" <wait.3>
    /ac "Brand of the Elements" <wait.3>
    /ac "Name of the Elements" <wait.3>
    /ac "Name of the Elements"

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    Reflect basically replaces Inner Quiet so you can safely toss that button aside.
    Ohhhhh, this I did not know. I thought you had to use IQ to get stacks in the first place.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    tbh I just

/ac "Trained Eye" <wait.3>
    /ac "Brand of the Elements" <wait.3>
    /ac "Name of the Elements" <wait.3>
    /ac "Name of the Elements"
    Yeah I figured something like that should be enough.

@Vaspinne reflect is first turn only so can't even use iq before

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

...That always confused me about the ability and why I never bothered to try using it >_>