1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 16 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 7 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 9 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 0 hours, 48 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 159 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 66 ... LastLast
    the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They don't sell anything at the FSH guild anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I thought the "Fishmonger" NPC was at the FSH guild?

Anyway, the NPC Niiro is talking about is at The Hyaline, south of the Aftcastle aethernet stop.
    That's the Fishmonger NPC.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

None of the DoL guilds have vendors in them, iirc. All that would be sold at such a place is at some tradecraft vendor in the vendor alleys I believe.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Since I haven't heard it said one way or the other yet, this might help some people.

I just ran a test to see whether or not quick synthesis affects your spiritbond any differently than a normal synth.
    Me: GSM35 (no +spiritbond gear)
    Synth: Eye of Fire (lv23 synth)
    Spiritbond item: Horn Earrings (lv25 ears)

Quick synth x5: +4% spiritbond (first four synths increased it 1%, 5th didn't change)
    Regular synth x5 (progress only): +4% spiritbond (first four synths increased it 1%, 5th didn't change)
    Quality synth x5 (100% quality): +4% spiritbond (first four synths increased it 1%, 5th didn't change)

Looks like spiritbond is completely unaffected by how you choose to synthesize things. Also, spiritbond never raises until the end of a synth (unlike 1.0), so it's completely unaffected by skills and such as well.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

This is correct. I've been SBing with quick synth for a while now.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I came very close to making my first HQ equip. Ran out of durability in the end because I forgot about waste not >_>.

Side note: I worry that down the line SE is gonna nerf the shit out of crafting. Too many people jumping on it, me thinks. So trying to level this stuff as fast as I can.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight Sky View Post
    I came very close to making my first HQ equip. Ran out of durability in the end because I forgot about waste not >_>.

Side note: I worry that down the line SE is gonna nerf the shit out of crafting. Too many people jumping on it, me thinks. So trying to level this stuff as fast as I can.
    I imagine they will nerf levequest xp if anything. 45-50 bsm in 5 mins from mythril sledges is pretty silly.

Shallow and Pedantic
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sterling View Post
    I imagine they will nerf levequest xp if anything. 45-50 bsm in 5 mins from mythril sledges is pretty silly.
    No need to Nerf really, you will run out of allowances long before you hit the point of multiple 50 crafts.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You get allowances back too quickly for that to be an effective limitation.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kurai Entreri
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

I dunno if its just me, but tricks isnt proccing much today, and steady hands I+hasty touch is failing 5-7x in a row consistently.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Not sure if this goes here or the materia thread, but here goes.

As far as Spiritbonding is concerned for DoH, what is the level gap for synths to affect SB? Does it have to be a same level or higher synth to gain SB? More specifically, I am trying to finish ilevel 55 gear for ARM to 100% for stage IV materia and want to know what synths to focus on.

Thanks

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Pruviant View Post
    As far as Spiritbonding is concerned for DoH, what is the level gap for synths to affect SB? Does it have to be a same level or higher synth to gain SB? More specifically, I am trying to finish ilevel 55 gear for ARM to 100% for stage IV materia and want to know what synths to focus on.
    Spiritbond is calculated based on the difference between the synth level and the item level (of each item you're wearing). You can probably go 10~20 levels below the iLvl and still get Spiritbond, but it will be very very little, any lower than that and you won't get any spiritbond all (just like how iLvl70 stuff doesn't spiritbond unless you're doing high-end content).

The fastest way to spiritbond at 50 would be to craft a bunch of 1-star items (well, 2-star would be fastest, but you can't spam those synths), but sadly you can't quick synth those.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent View Post
    No need to Nerf really, you will run out of allowances long before you hit the point of multiple 50 crafts.
    I've got 55 allowances left right now with carpenter 50 and leather 43. I've also used a decent amount on botanist which is now 45. I really don't understand how people run out of leves. I could probably get weaver to 50 in the next week without running out of leves as well if I wanted to.

It really is too potent.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I've got 55 allowances left right now with carpenter 50 and leather 43. I've also used a decent amount on botanist which is now 45. I really don't understand how people run out of leves. I could probably get weaver to 50 in the next week without running out of leves as well if I wanted to.

It really is too potent.
    Depends on how much you play pretty much, if you only play a few hours, or use leve efficient methods(triple turn ins only, lots of materials crafts for each new tier) you won't run out, if you start dumping single turn in leves and only do that and play for 14hours, you can easily go through 100leves in a day or two. On the other hand you'll level a ton faster that way.

But yeah overall I think leve xp is too high, sure it's limited per day, but it's not that limited. You get 6 a day. Realistically you don't need to leve before 30(other than weaver to skip diremite and LW to skip well everything). You only need about 15 for 30 to 50 with triple turn ins, however it takes a couple of days to get to 30 then craft all of the items for your leves(added up) assuming you don't play that much and you're going for high HQ%. So generally speaking, you'll have the leves needed to level your craft as you level it, and you never really run out unless there's a shitty spot where you need to do single turn ins, or you burn leves on gathering at the same time, or you buy HQ items to turn in(so you spend a lot less time crafting in comparison).

I think the biggest thing really is to compare gathering leves with crafting leves. You can do an entire level with a triple turn in leve(well almost, tends to be 70-90% of a level per leve) while you need like 8-10 leves to do a level with gathering. Even single turn in leves with a HQ item give like half a level worth of xp, and they take at most a minute to make. So either gathering leves xp is way too low(possible), or crafting leve is way too high(more likely considering daily allowance and combat/gather leve rates).

But eh, don't care, I'm almost done leveling all the crafting skills, so nerf or no nerf, doesn't affect me ^^.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Gathering leves feel the most correct to me. FATEs should be nerfed, battle leves should be buffed, GC leves should be buffed, gathering leves can be left alone, and crafting leves should get the sledgehammer.

/opinions

Quote Originally Posted by Pyros Eien View Post
    So either gathering leves xp is way too low(possible), or crafting leve is way too high(more likely considering daily allowance and combat/gather leve rates).
    Not all gathering has low exp. Fishing leves are comparable to crafting. You gain a level while fishing up the leve fish, then turn around and gain another 1-2 levels from handing them in for leve rewards.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Though at the same time, Fisher is much easier to level compared to Miner/Botanist in general.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suited Aces View Post
    Not all gathering has low exp. Fishing leves are comparable to crafting. You gain a level while fishing up the leve fish, then turn around and gain another 1-2 levels from handing them in for leve rewards.
    Well Fisher is apart, in that the leves work the same as crafting leves. They require you to get normal fish(can buy them, can get them without the leve active), you can turn in HQ, they reward bait/lures, so basically they're crafting leves, under the fieldcraft section.

When I say gathering I mean Botany/Mining since those have their own leve types, with the evaluation/quota system, you gather quest items that disapear and can't chain turn in, nor can you turn in HQ for a bonus, the only bonus are like 5% for "difficulty" which means anything higher than the base lvl of the leve, regardless of your own level, 5% for speed which seems to be static per leve so it's easy to get on short leves and hard on long, and 25% on evaluation leves which makes them superior to others.

To top it off gathering leves give less xp than crafting/fishing, even not counting the lack of 300% bonus. They're very similar to combat leves really, something you can do if you have nothing else to do but they're not super efficient and only better than grinding. Crafting leves are way way way better than just crafting. They're like the FATEs of leves.

Crafting leves make FATEs look like boyahda crab parties.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kawfee Demitasse
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Sargeras

Anyone notice what I'm perceiving to be a hidden increased chance of failure depending on the amount of Quality being gained in a single action? E.g., I'll use:
    Inner Quiet > Steady Hand > 18CP Touch > 18CP Touch > 18CP Touch > 18CP Touch> 18CP Touch> Great Strides > 46CP Touch
    On that last touch step, its sort of an all-or-nothing grab for like 1500 Quality (for conversation's sake). It should complete with a 90% chance per tooltip, but I'm perceiving that the higher the chance for quality (e.g. # of Inner Quiet stacks), that this fails way more than 10% of the time.