1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 39 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 13 hours, 20 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 20 hours, 39 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 159 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 101 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Got my first mastercraft today after doing wvr path to glasses.

Now trying gulks idea of CUL but trying to keep reasonably quiet about it. Hopefully nobody posts to reddit like they did with aqueous whetstones.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Got my first mastercraft today after doing wvr path to glasses.

Now trying gulks idea of CUL but trying to keep reasonably quiet about it. Hopefully nobody posts to reddit like they did with aqueous whetstones.
    HQ Tomatoes are up to 4k+ each on hyperion

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm doing everything NQ (except table salt) partly because I spaced out and quick synthed my noble grapes and partly because I don't give a fuck and even if I only HQ like 1/3 of them it's still cheaper than other options. Considering even dropping 3 MC and 10 FC3 on the i75 pan just to make my life easier.

Though I guess the same argument can be made (since I went and harvested the grapes myself due to them being like 400 a pop on MB) that if you go botanize the ores / cocoons for other shit it's equally as cheap, but that shit is gated.

I'm doing everything NQ (except table salt) partly because I spaced out and quick synthed my noble grapes and partly because I don't give a fuck and even if I only HQ like 1/3 of them it's still cheaper than other options. Considering even dropping 3 MC and 10 FC3 on the i75 pan just to make my life easier.
    The shards add up, and quickly : it's ~120 Fire Shards and ~100 Water Shards per Artisan's Spectacles if you HQ every single craft. With how crazy shard prices have gotten, HQ Tomatoes -- even tossing and resynthing more Vinegar -- are cost effective if you're having even a moderate failure rate.

That said, there may be a rotation that lets you get pretty high success rates with NQ mats. Hard to make one that's a macro, though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I haven't sat down to actually scratch out the cost (might be why I'm hemorrhaging gil), so I guess I'll do it here.

12*90 (what I just bought 2000 at) + 10 * 70 + 150 (nq tomato) + 14 (cinnamon from npc?) + 3*90 (3 fire shard + self harvested grapes) + ~10g (table salt, adds 25 quality for HQ so negligible) = 2,224 gil. If we assume a 30% HQ rate then it's roughly 6.6k per HQ.

If we do the same with HQ tomato @ 4k each we get almost 6.1k per HQ.

So yeah, in that case it's definitely more economical. However with NQ tomatoes if you can even get like a 40% rate then it changes back. Though really I suppose it doesn't matter too much at that point, quibbling over pennies.

Edit: In anticipation of even the NQ tomato price spiking I just bought like 400 at under 200g a pop, lol. No HQ on MB all day, last sold for 4k as well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Are silver sov's untradable? None on the market and can't search for them.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    Yes, untradable.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Does anyone have a macro for Artisan's Spectacles turn ins that has at least a 50% HQ rate with NQ mats? The decent rotations I know require 1-2 Tricks of the Trade.

Professional Lurker
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Braxton Ryker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Neon_Sea View Post
    They're a pain in the dick to catch too. Mine were elusive as fuck when I was trying to catch 'em

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Anthonystar View Post
    Does anyone have a macro for Artisan's Spectacles turn ins that has at least a 50% HQ rate with NQ mats? The decent rotations I know require 1-2 Tricks of the Trade.
    NQ mats with 50% HQ rate completely automated is probably pretty much a pipe dream imo. Would need absolutely max melds + probably some FC2 buffs to even think about it.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

I'm max melded out right now including the new items, but there is no way I'd be able to get that FC buff lol. Best I've been able to get working NQ mats automated is 30~35% based on procs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

You need to do something to overcome the first numerical 15% of the quality bar if you want to automate it with any success. You've obviously noticed by now the percentage gains are nonlinear with the gains are higher numerical qualities being weighted much, much higher than those at lower numerical qualities.

Whatever you're looking to craft, some component of it is going to need to be HQ if you want some decent % on your automation.

The generic 80/80 macros seem to get HQ Vinegar + NQ other ingredients to 60+%, but that's with Artisan's Frypan + Artisan's Spectacles. Without it, I was stuck running a Hasty-Touch to Byregot's Blessing conversion, and that's nothing you want to automate.

Edit: In anticipation of even the NQ tomato price spiking I just bought like 400 at under 200g a pop, lol. No HQ on MB all day, last sold for 4k as well.
    I'd be surprised if they go that far. I'm on a different server, but had so many NQ that I've been vendoring them. Even if I had the shards to process them, it takes about an hour to process fifty tomatoes. And it's 30 tomatoes an hour to harvest...

Quote Originally Posted by OWS_Tonx View Post
    They're a pain in the dick to catch too. Mine were elusive as fuck when I was trying to catch 'em
    Yeah, Sovereigns are about as aggravating as it gets. They apparently desynth into Venture coins, now, so at least it's not /as/ bad when you get an NQ.

There are folk theorizing that you can skip the Artisan's Forager and go straight to the Halycon Supra, which would hilariously make the Halycon Supra only Supra upgrade that's cost-effective for normal players. Would likely have to meld the crap out of the new accessories, though, so not all fun and games. But still better than HQ Sovereigns.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I'm running a HT -> BB automation right now of about 90 or so relishes. I'll come back with results when it's done.

What is this 80/80 macro?

I should also add I am nowhere near max meld. I think I'm only at like 343 CP or something?

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

This is what I have automated right now...

CZ > IQ > WN2 > SH2 > BTx5 > SH2 > ING2 > Inovation > BTx1 > GS > BB > ING2 > CS2 x4

I'm not at home right now, but this is what I remember w/o looking at my macro. You need around 380+ CP, I don't remember the exact value

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Mine is CZ > IQ > SH2 > HTx5> SH2 > HT x1 > MM2 > HTx3 > GS > SH2 > IG2 > BB > CS2 x4

Currently at 17 HQ 5 NQ with HQ vinegar.

Edit: This shit takes so long. @46HQ 17NQ

E2: Final toll was 70 HQ 28 NQ, so almost exactly 70%. Then went 0/7 on anything but rose gold nuggets on artisan's specs. Thanks, game.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So I got Alch at 84, BSM at 82, GSM at 91. is there anyway to get Mastercraft besides Artisan's glasses/weapons?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Nope, lol. Currently like 1/30ish

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ku Ji
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Wow that sucks.. does it pay back the gils you spend on making them over an over tho?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not really since I've only gotten like 3 fieldcraft 3s from the specs total and nobody is buying them at their current price of 775k.

The price will drop, though I really believe they're worth at least this much.

Someone also sold an MC materia for 500k, lol.