1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 159 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58 59 60 68 108 ... LastLast
    Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

People on the OF are all saying that supra weapons are a waste of time. But for me, I'm hyped that will (soon) be able to make 2star food(or anything else) 100% without needing to drink mint lassi!

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Why would Supra weapons be a waste of time?

They're...better? Or are HA weapons now a waste of time too?

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Well, to them they are thinking about the fact that 10 craft doesn't change the number of actions required to finish a a 3* synth and that the 5 control(100k worth of materia) stat is meaningless.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tetsaru Arigashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I ended up finally getting my first Supra tool yesterday (the GSM one), and I'll have to say, at this point, I don't really think it was worth it either, though I haven't tried doing any intensive 3* stuff with it yet. I think as long as you have the Artisan's/Forager's stuff + melds and the right crafting actions, you should be able to handle everything currently in the game.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The fishing rod is definitely worth it, that much I know.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Why would Supra weapons be a waste of time?

They're...better? Or are HA weapons now a waste of time too?
    I suppose they mean a waste of time in the sense of "I can do everything I need to do with what I have now".

The same could be said for HA weapons, yea, but doing coil for flashy weapons which make killing things a bit easier isn't really the same thing as spending large amounts of money/time to make crafting a tiny, tiny bit easier.

The cost of most crafting Supras is very high compared to other possible options, especially for folk that don't make many 3-Star high quality crafts or haven't already max-melded most of their gear. 10 Craftsmanship and 5 Control is not a trivial difference, but it's also within the range of acceptable offhand melds. You're looking at somewhere around 2.5 - 3.3 million in opportunity costs. That buys a /lot/ of Mint Lassi, or costs multiple 3-star or Primal weapon sales.

((This excludes fishing, because Silver Sovereigns can die in a fire.))

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

I like the extra push supra weapon adds, and it will possibly be a requirement for future tools, although I feel they will add i70 crafter AF's before i80/90? tools but its probably going to be a step to require it, sort of like atma/animus/novus etc

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Butta Stackz
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by gattsuru View Post

((This excludes fishing, because Silver Sovereigns can die in a fire.))
    I'm actually thinking about skipping the Foragers Rod entirely for this exact reason! I'd rather craft a set of i70 and Meld +5 gathering to each piece vs. Bang my Head against catching 20 HQ Silver Sovereigns! Anybody else agree with me here? I heard 348 Gathering is all we need to catch the 3 Fish required for the Supra.

I know many fishers will argue that your skipping the whole FSH experience (20+ Hour grind) by doing so but for someone with other goals besides FSH (d100 x3 + T9) it seems that time saved would be a great investment.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by PROBOUND View Post
    I'm actually thinking about skipping the Foragers Rod entirely for this exact reason! I'd rather craft a set of i70 and Meld +5 gathering to each piece vs. Bang my Head against catching 20 HQ Silver Sovereigns! Anybody else agree with me here?
    If you have the demimateria ready to go then you probably should.

Main reason I want a supra rod is so I can give my retainer my the forager's lol

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I dunno, I found the Silver Sovereign experience pretty easy. I just fished for them while doing idle things I would've done anyways, like watching shows/movies or listening to podcasts. And for those with Cul desynth leveled, the experience is even more worthwhile now with the desynthesis of NQ Soverigns and all the Mahi.

I suppose it's best that I don't mind Soverign fishing. I'll need to start desynthing Forager's Hats sometime soon.

EDIT: Just read the last page. Titanic Sawfish? Fuck. Fuck fuck fuck fuck ... fuck.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Agreed, if you are going to level CUL desynth I would not skip the Sovereigns.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eeek Sohno
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yeah, I have CUL desynth sitting around 84 or 85. Totally painless to level, and it breathed life back into dunesfishing and - to a lesser extent - skyfishing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Wait till you hit 91+, it's almost pointless to go on.

As for supra's, I skipped the rod. Had caught 6+ olgoi and have the mats but don't see a point until something I want requires it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I think 348 CAN catch you the Olgoi whatevers, but you're going to spend near as much time waiting for heatwaves / getting wrong mooch / losing your catch as you would getting the 20+ silver sovereigns and then some.

I still lose the occasional silver sovereign at 340ish Gather. Reliably landing OKs at 348 is going to be near impossible, maybe 10-15% chance on a 1/3 when properly mooched during weather window? At least Forager's can be done in 1-2 days and then you can catch other interesting fish while you wait.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    I think 348 CAN catch you the Olgoi whatevers, but you're going to spend near as much time waiting for heatwaves / getting wrong mooch / losing your catch as you would getting the 20+ silver sovereigns and then some.
    Folk have been saying 10+ hours for the Silver Sovereign HQs, and that almost feels generous by my experience. Folk are talking three hours with this sorta meld setup. You can only work on it when a Heat Wave's up, but you can do other things when there's no heat wave.

The i70 jewelry is expensive right now, though.

It's all dicks and airplanes
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cia Mir
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I think I just RNGesus'd. Got 3 OK for the rod in 10min with 348 on the dot and no breaks. First time going out, and only went cause someone told me it was heat wave and had nothing else to work on at the time.

Now back to the FC3 grind for the next one..

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neon Sea
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

You make me sick

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Decided to be brave today.

Fuck.

Edit: Suppose this makes up for it:

Funny story about this though, I was half asleep when I did the ARM and GSM i70 weapons, and I did them because I was like "I have 50 HQ spruce plywood, I can buy whatever weapon I want!" due to half asleepness. Desynthed ARM + GSM weapons, went about my day, then 30 minutes ago realized "OH FUCK!"

So I desynthed the correct weapon, saw, and that made up for it at least. Gonna leave ARM at i55 for now, looks like I have to make 50 HQ cogs with an i55 weapon again though. Fun.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is fishing HQ capped at 15% like botany and mining? I would assume it does, which is unfortunate for the double moochings.