1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 4 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 4 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    I was wearing my GP+ necklace on my crafting classing from 10-15 because I didn't even notice it said GP and not CP. I wasn't exactly paying a lot of attention though. But to go as far as to even put materia in it? I don't even.
    Jesus, I didn't even notice the materia at first glance. Someone get the Random Fail XIV thread going.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    What Not To Wear: Crafting Edition.

Fucking lol

Spoiler: show

I couldn't bring myself to send him a tell to laugh at his face.
    So you run around and check people then take time to take a screenshot and post on bg?

wow.

Lostbane
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mexi Lostbane
    FFXIV Server
    Siren
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post
    No you can't.
    You definitely can't. A friend zoned into a dungeon and had NPC'd or lost his right trousers so I tried to trade him a pair that were better but we couldn't. Luckily some decent ones dropped and he won em.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    So you run around and check people then take time to take a screenshot and post on bg?

wow.
    You must be new here (click).

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post

wow.
    The guy's name looked familiar from retarded posts on the OF back in 1.0, so I was curious what he was wearing. I got a good laugh out of it, so I thought I'd share. Yes, that is what I do. I could have gone a step further and laughed at the fact that he did a ton of melds on gear that isn't the best (NQ AF/Militia, and not even the best belt), but I didn't.

Also, it's a comical way of warning to people that they need to watch out that they're not wearing CP/GP on the wrong classes.

I considered making a Gimp Player thread like the one for XI, but it's a lot harder to screw up gearing in XIV, so I didn't figure it would see much use, so I threw it in here instead.

I'd hardly call them a moron, just recommend they get their glasses Rx checked.

I've had to do double takes on CP/GP stuff plenty of times, it's not like C and G aren't extremely similar letters.

Also ripping on them for not having the best/HQ gear when most crafters are still sorting out what is and isn't worthwhile (on top of simply learning the new system) is pretty lolworthy. The game's been in a barely playable state for a week, I don't think decking out your DoH was at the very top of most people's priority lists.

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Not gonna' lie, I just realized yesterday that my 46 BTN was wearing Serpent Sergeant's Sarouel instead of Serpent Private's Slops for a few whole levels.

HERP.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

While we're talking about gathering gear (kind of), have materia caps been established like they have been for crafting gear?

As much as I hate the fact that I'm gonna wind up NPCing all of the level 48 HQ tools, getting my hands on the faux-luminaries has been a very satisfying experience.

Fuck the BSM 50 quest tho for making me waste a savage might. Assholes.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    getting my hands on the faux-luminaries has been a very satisfying experience.
    I'm a little bit salty that my luminary tools are just trophies now... not to mention pretty lame looking in comparison to these new models and do not have the upgraded crafting table.

Was it their intention to turn achievement rewards into just that? The achievement GC gathering rings and crafting earrings are the only things I can think of that don't have equivalents... which is assuming you can't outdo those with melded Raptorskin Rings or Red Coral Earrings.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    The achievement GC gathering rings and crafting earrings are the only things I can think of that don't have equivalents... which is assuming you can't outdo those with melded Raptorskin Rings or Red Coral Earrings.
    You can outdo them pretty easily, which made me super sad. I really like the look of the GC achievement crafting earrings. I wish they'd let you meld onto them.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanthe View Post
    While we're talking about gathering gear (kind of), have materia caps been established like they have been for crafting gear?
    I have a list at home, though it's lacking in a few spots because I spent most of my cracked materia on DoH gear. I'd really rather post that info into a DoL thread though. I'll cook one up if I remember to.

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    I'm a little bit salty that my luminary tools are just trophies now... not to mention pretty lame looking in comparison to these new models and do not have the upgraded crafting table.

Was it their intention to turn achievement rewards into just that? The achievement GC gathering rings and crafting earrings are the only things I can think of that don't have equivalents... which is assuming you can't outdo those with melded Raptorskin Rings or Red Coral Earrings.
    I think achievement gear being BiS was stupid to begin.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I think Paragon's Crown and Maat's Cap were appropriate inventory-consolidating rewards for people who had leveled multiple jobs.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Eh, I didn't think they were so bad. What's an achievement other than a universal and often long-term quest?

Obviously, the specific achievements in question are pretty terrible, encouraging botting and/or spamming monotonous crap... but they pretty much just turned them into "do this a lot and get -1 inventory!"

For example, checking off every single recipe in your crafting log should be a long-term goal that rewards you with something that's not simply a boring, re-skinned equivalent of something you already have that, itself, already looks cool/unique.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Personally, I think the Luminary tools should have gotten the special crafting tables, while the quest rewards should have been the purely practical here-are-your-stats reward. The Luminary tools are just inventory-1 now.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Personally, I think the Luminary tools should have gotten the special crafting tables, while the quest rewards should have been the purely practical here-are-your-stats reward. The Luminary tools are just inventory-1 now.
    Probably be able to upgrade luminary in future patches

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    I can only answer for WVR, but the level 50 quest requires:
    • 1 HQ Patrician's Wedge Cap
    • 1 HQ Patrician's Coatee
    • 1 HQ Patrician's Bottoms

...and now, what I came here for! I haven't seen anyone mention materia stat caps for the best HQ crafting gear, so I'll get that discussion started! The following is a list of information I have for stat caps on the best DoH gear. I only tested with LTW and WVR, but it seems that all DoH AF caps at the same values, so this should be applicable to everyone. I do not have GSM to 50 yet, so hopefully someone can help me fill in the info for all the accessory slots! I will update this post if someone provides info that I don't have.

Mainhand: Can't meld the best Lv50 mainhand tool. Go do your class quests, you lazy sod!

Offhand (HQ Militia): 19 Craftsmanship; 7+ Control; 3 CP

Head (HQ AF): 4 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 0 CP
    - Optimum meld: Control IV, Craftsmanship II, Control I

Body (HQ AF): 16 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 0 CP

Hands (HQ AF): 4 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 0 CP
    - Optimum meld: Control IV, Craftsmanship II, Control I

Legs (HQ AF): 1 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 3 CP
    - Optimum meld: Control IV, CP III, Control I, Craftsmanship I

Feet (HQ AF): 1 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 3 CP
    - Optimum meld: Control IV, CP III, Control I, Craftsmanship I

Waist (HQ Raptorskin Mrch. Purse): 3 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 3 CP
    - Note: Since this is not lv50, it doesn't accept tier4 materia.
    - Optimum meld: Control III, CP III, Control II, Craftsmanship I

Neck (HQ Electrum Choker): 3 Craftsmanship; 3 Control; 5 CP

Ears (HQ Red Coral Earrings): 3 Craftsmanship; 3 Control; 6+ CP
    - Alternative gear: Achievement award for doing 5000 supply quests for your GC (CP+32 Spiritbond+1, unmeldable)

Wrists (HQ Militia): 4 Craftsmanship; 4 Control; 6 CP

Rings (HQ Aetheryte Ring): 4 Craftsmanship; 4 Control; 3 CP

Remaining Unknowns:
    • HQ Militia Offhand Control cap
    • HQ Red Coral Earrings CP cap
    I am putting this in the op. Why? because I am an admin so fuck you that's why.

(also, because I keep having to scroll down to find this, and people in my FC ask about this stuff)

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you want, I can just put the spreadsheet with all the slot caps (and optimal melds) in the OP.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    If you want, I can just put the spreadsheet with all the slot caps (and optimal melds) in the OP.
    yus.

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

I thought I've seen spreadsheets showing Waste Not being the most efficient durability restorer. Did that change in a recent patch to make Manipulation better?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 159 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 ... LastLast