1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 2 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 0 hours, 57 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 9 hours, 2 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 99 of 159 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast

Anything under "Parts" in the 46-50 recipes.

In WVR's case it's any of the "Vanya Silk xxx Lining" things.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Coming back after long break, want to get all my crafts up to at least Supra for now. Bought the ilvl60 set and melded it, but I'm still only at 339 CP. I'm trying to use CUL to make Spicy Relish HQ to get pans to desynth into FC3 / MC, but I'm having a very hard time getting above 50% HQ (trying to use a rotation that I can automate). I'm only using HQ Vinegar, rest NQ materials.

Is there a best strategy for 70%+ HQ with NQ mats that can be automated with 339 CP or is that just not possible? Been doing IQ -> CZ -> SH2 -> HT x5 -> SH2 -> HT x2 -> MM2 -> HT x2 -> GS -> IG2 -> BB -> CS2 x4 to finish.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Any particular reason you're only using NQ ingredients? Other than cost? HQ table salt won't bump the base up very much, but it's a wicked easy synth. The HQ cinnamon is pretty annoying to gather I'll admit. And HQ tomatoes are either expensive (relatively speaking) or time consuming.

The short answer though is to my knowledge, a 100% macro for that recipe doesn't exist if you are starting from base NQ ingredients.

However, if you are starting from all HQ ingredients, this macro is 100% unless you hit a poor on Byregots. Unfortunately it is 19 lines so takes two macros.

/ac "Comfort Zone" <wait.3>
    /ac "Inner Quiet" <wait.3>
    /ac "Steady Hand II" <wait.3>
    /ac "Waste Not" <wait.3>
    /ac "Basic Touch" <wait.3>
    /ac "Great Strides" <wait.3>
    /ac "Steady Hand II" <wait.3>
    /ac "Great Strides" <wait.3>
    /ac "Innovation" <wait.3>
    /ac "Ingenuity II" <wait.2>
    /ac "Byregot's Blessing" <wait.3>
    /ac "Careful Synthesis II" <wait.3>

It would leave you with 1 CP left over.

http://link.ffxivcrafter.com/?id=cbfks

Barring using all HQ ingredients, I would recommend using at least the salt, as you know its that first 15% you're trying to overcome and every little bit helps.

Otherwise probably have to keep riding hasty touch.

edit: that crafter link is starting from 0 initial quality, and it does half, so you gotta start with the other half from ingredients. Just to be clear.

edit2: that macro is ripped straight from this guide: http://ffxivrealm.com/guides/ff14-ad...ie-tsukino.49/ Don't want anyone to think it was mine to start with

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

The crafting thread.

Great, thanks. And yeah without looking into it too deeply my assumption was that using all HQ mats bought is probably break even with just buying the materia (or else nobody would buy the materia). And NQ ingredients for relish are dirt cheap besides crystals so that seemed like best bet.

I also realized after I bought a few hundred k in crystals that pans are armorcraft and I cant desynth them. Gonna be buying a lot of glasses.

Then I guess I'll switch to WVR and needles though that just seems like such AIDS to do. 2 cocoons per twin, 2 twin per brocade. It seems like such a crystal / time / gil sink.

Back in the day I did CRP a lot for this stuff as materials were dirt, dirt cheap. But I think that day has passed.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Well the leatherworker wedding feet desynth has crashed the price on fieldcraft 3 pretty hard. It's probably going to be cheaper to buy those than try to desynth obtain them unless you want to level your skills too.

I did 35 artisan spectacle desynths Satruday, got 3 MC III and 3 Fieldcraft 3 out of them. On the market wards in Excalibur, that would sell for about 400k. It cost me 300k in shards/crystals to make the spruce plywood/rose gold cogs I used to obtain the 35 spectacles. It cost me 100k in aldgoat horns to make the horn glue I needed. In other words, I lost money cause I could have just sold the mats I gathered in the attempt. However, I gained 1 level in gsm desynth, which was a secondary goal for me.

The fieldcraft III in particular are cheap cause of that leatherworker desynth as I mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir View Post
    Great, thanks. And yeah without looking into it too deeply my assumption was that using all HQ mats bought is probably break even with just buying the materia (or else nobody would buy the materia). And NQ ingredients for relish are dirt cheap besides crystals so that seemed like best bet.

I also realized after I bought a few hundred k in crystals that pans are armorcraft and I cant desynth them. Gonna be buying a lot of glasses.

Then I guess I'll switch to WVR and needles though that just seems like such AIDS to do. 2 cocoons per twin, 2 twin per brocade. It seems like such a crystal / time / gil sink.

Back in the day I did CRP a lot for this stuff as materials were dirt, dirt cheap. But I think that day has passed.
    Move onto needles asap, it's not really any different from rose gold cogs (2 nuggets per cog, 3 gold ores per nugget, you actually need more unspoiled node items for cogs).

Needles are 1-3 MC demimateria for 8 items, glasses are 1 MC max for 5.

As for Field III, just buy them, ever since they made them desynthable from NPC bought items the price is as low as it's gonna get really.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

That explains the crash, I had been wondering wtf was up with that. Thanks.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's the most useless shitty desynth skill right now?

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Only one I can think of is ALC

Quote Originally Posted by Deathbringer View Post
    Only one I can think of is ALC
    Pft. Alch made me shit tonne of money with Mog demis back in the day

CUL, always has been the most useless.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It made a shit ton of money right when desynth was released.

Online Dating DOES Work!!
    Sonic Ripoff of the Houe of Weave

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hiryo Randgris
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    CUL, always has been the most useless.
    But new fish is always guaranteed, we just need cute outfits and pets in their bellies.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiryo View Post
    cute outfits and pets
    Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    useless

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Am I hearing wrong about the rumor of crowned pies giving plat i110 rings hq?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is crowned pie a cul desynth? And does it take plat rings to synth?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Am I hearing wrong about the rumor of crowned pies giving plat i110 rings hq?
    lol....

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

bettered crowned pie* prove me wrong! I'm curious :u hell if they can even be desynthed at that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

So after about 200 relish synths (upgraded to Supra, using FC control +10 buff and HQ dagger soup) at 429 control and 339 CP I've come out right around 70% HQ just using HQ salt and HQ vinegar.

Pretty happy with this. Mixed results from desynth. Something like 3 MC and 4 FC3. Still have another 100 to go before switching to needle, but the control buffs really help when using HT rotation. As long as I hit 7/9 HT before BB quality goes to between 80-100% (depending on good for BB or not).

Much prefer this to the ST rotation honestly, even if a bit of RNG.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    bettered crowned pie* prove me wrong! I'm curious :u hell if they can even be desynthed at that.

Better crowned pie. i110 cul item, can be desynth, its tradable, but has a chance to yield rose gold rings only afaik, i70 rings not i110.