1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 53 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 21 hours, 6 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 12 hours, 53 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 159 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast
    Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eragon Mcdohl
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

With enough craftsmanship (328 I think?) I can complete a darksteel nugget/spruce lumber/etc with one Careful Synth II using Ingenuity II. I do Inner Quiet > Waste Not > Advanced Touch > Advanced Touch > Advanced Touch > Ingenuity II > Great Strides > Byregot's > Careful Synth II but I am finding that if I don't get enough ToT I am left with enough durability for another Touch but not enough CP to do it...perhaps I should look into getting Hasty Touch for that purpose. This is typically my rotation for every synth minus the Ingenuity II and can get 15-20% HQ.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Sorry for asking this but I need help understanding crafting in 2.0 this thread seems good but the information seems all scattered so I'm lost

First here are all my crafting/dol jobs

Carpenter, goldsmith leather worker and weaver lv 50
    Botanist 42
    Miner 12
    Rest lv1

I didn't give too much attention to gear in 1.0 so exept the lv 48 tool I have nothing (example electrum needle for wvr)

I saw that each lv 50 gives a good weapon but I have no gear to craft hq and no money to just buy the item at the AH to rush the quests

So my questions

1) where do I start to be able to gear my crafting jobs potently
    2 what give of gear do I need to look for ( example for weaver I was looking for patri(something) lv 50 gear try to hq to help me get the lv 50 weapon then try for hq af) is that a viable option?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

1) Between your weaver and your leatherworker, you should be able to easily make whatever gear you need.

2) That's one way to do it, though I'd just make the AF, then once you get the lv50 tool (and maybe some HQ ingredients if necessary), remake any AF piece that you didn't HQ.

Then again, if you seriously don't have any money, maybe that's too expensive. I had a ton of materials leftover from 1.0, so making AF was damn near free. I'm confused how you could have a 1.0 char with that much leveled and not have any money.

An alternative option is to just do the DoH class quests and gear up as you go. The DoH class quests will always give you one piece of gear (if you so choose), so you can get some free gear that way. It won't be top-notch (NQ crafted stuff), but if you're naked, it's better than nothing. They never grant accessories though, so you'll have to make those yourself.

Your GC set or a full set of Patrician's would be your starting place at 50, Patrician's being the better option with HQs and/or melds. If you have mats lying around for Patrician's you can make yourself an NQ set easily without proper gear. If you don't you're probably better off just buying the set off the markets, probably going to be cheaper than buying the mats.

If you don't have off-hand tools for your crafts, get them, the stats from MH+OH count on all crafts now. Militia off-hand tools are crafted now and NQs aren't very expensive.

All crafting gear is entirely linear and shared across all classes (until AF which all have identical stats anyway).

http://xivdb.com/?search/!filters/Ik...lPSURFU0M6Ig==

Just put in the slot you're looking to fill and look for the piece appropriate for your level. Obv specify a craft class if you're looking for tools.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Carpenter, goldsmith leather worker and weaver lv 50
    Botanist 42
    Miner 12
    Rest lv1
    1) Use the LV50 ability for WVR to easily make NQ AF for your WVR and LTW
    2) Get CUL to 15
    3) Get offhand weapon for WVR & LTW (militia+1 if you don't want to do it twice)
    4) Use NQ AF + abilities to finish WVR & LTW class quests and get not-luminary mainhand tool
    5) Use not-luminary to make HQ WVR & LTW AF
    6) Use HQ AF to make HQ anything you want

Old Merits
    BG Level

How does elemental affinity work for crafts? I haven't seen it crop up yet but I feel like I need to be ready when it does.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Aspect: (element) written where the Characteristics are (like Quick Synth unavailable). I've only seen it for Vintage stuff and Dodore Doublet, Mosshorn mail and the like.

Active help says that regular synthesis is less effective and it's what Brand of X is for.

Old Merits
    BG Level

yea, I saw where it would appear, but I'm not sure what it actually does. Is it like craft difficulty +x levels? 10% Chance for Durability to go down by 20? Flat -10% effectiveness for synthesis skills? [and does flawless synthesis bypass it]

Also, Flawless Synthesis is comically broken at low levels. I took all of my subcrafts to 15 and for each of them I just spammed touch with steady hand up, and then hit Flawless Synth once and finished the craft.

VVV Thank you

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It cuts your progress gains in half. That's literally all it does. Yes, every element does the same thing.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    1) Use the LV50 ability for WVR to easily make NQ AF for your WVR and LTW
    2) Get CUL to 15
    3) Get offhand weapon for WVR & LTW (militia+1 if you don't want to do it twice)
    4) Use NQ AF + abilities to finish WVR & LTW class quests and get not-luminary mainhand tool
    5) Use not-luminary to make HQ WVR & LTW AF
    6) Use HQ AF to make HQ anything you want

Thanks

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Just a note rata, I don't think you can buy the items for craft quests.

At least, I remember already having items that were required and the npc wouldn't take them.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You absolutely can. When I hit the Miner quest requiring 99 bone chips I just walked to the vendor and bought them.

And for crafting I've been making a killing selling HQs of the 45 carpenter quest, and I doubt people would be buying those to wear.

Speaking of CRP, I got around to doing the quests yesterday (CRP was pretty low on my list of priorities) and all I have to say about the lvl 50 tool is:

lolwtf

Thing looks ridiculous, like a giant steel comb. Also interesting that you wear it on your back (kinda have to I guess) like the luminaries.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The name is by far the best part, brings back many memories.

Both good and bad.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I am too lazy to check if it's this thread or another crafty thread where someone was questioning if Steady Hand was 10% (buff tooltip) or 20% (skill tooltip). Just throwing it out there that Comfort Zone's buff says it regens 10 CP and several other combat job buffs have incorrect buff tooltips still (Fists of Whatever is a prominent one). So I'd be inclined to believe the skill tooltip.

Yea I mentioned before that every time the skill description and the tool tip differ the latter has always been incorrect.

Just one of those things they keep pushing back on their to-do list, and god knows they still got a lot to do.

As for steady hand it means I really do need to power CUL to 37, got to 21 so far and it's just....ugh. Every fkin thing needs 5 different ingredients and there's so few shared ones. Good thing I was shitting company seals cause I'm gonna be chugging manuals like mad.

I just wish I could put my (now capped) leves to good use but with the ridiculous recipe requirements for CUL it just doesn't seem worth it. So much easier to find recipe-light synths and spam-spam-spam (doing dried prunes atm, just 1 pixie plum!).

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

There's a 3x Chamomile Tea triple leve at 25 that I found go be a really good use of leves. My CUL's at 30 at the moment so we're in a similar boat. The triples at 30 suck ass. Cornmeal (40 dura) or Baked Sole (fuck fish).

I'm not sure what triple leve means, I haven't really touched them since they're generally not as useful as they used to be (not worth it for DoW, not as good for DoH as they used to be, best used for DoL I find).

Bah, back in my day leves gave you the items to make and items for completion!

sidenote: they need to make the crafting log easier to navigate, search option pls

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

By triple I mean you can complete the leve 3 times in 1 allowance. If you deliver HQ on all turnins that's 9x exp.

For reference at 40+ you should be getting over 100k per HQ turn in. So that's over 300k in a single leve.

From my topic on the subject
    Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    • "Town" types are accepted in one of the 3 cities and do not require you to leave to complete it. 2 of this type per level range. 1 is a triple turn-in; this one requests more than 1 synth's worth of product.
    • "Courier" types are accepted in town, delivered to specified haven out in the world. 1 of this type per level range, typically gives more base exp than usual for its level range.
    • "Field" types are accepted and delivered in certain havens with Levequest givers. 2 of this type per level range. 1 is a triple turn-in; this one requests more than 1 synth's worth of product.

Turning in HQ items increases the exp/gil rewarded. Turning in all HQ is +200% (or triple). For stackables you have to turn in all HQ or all NQ, no mixing. For gear/non-stackables you can mix HQ with NQ and each HQ pieces is worth 1/3rd of that +200% maximum.

"Triple turn-in" allows you to get triple rewards while only using the 1 leve allowance. Whether or not this is worth it depends on how easy/hard the order is to HQ (triple HQ is massive, but this is difficult for 40 durability synths). Triples have this leveplate:

Ah, I'll certainly look into it, I glossed over it before but didn't really look into it since spamming was pretty efficient at the lower levels.

Thanks for taking the time to compile the info btw.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 159 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 59 ... LastLast