1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 159 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Yeah, I made myself some HQ AF and 50* floor is taken care of. I also made some small strategy changes (more targeted use of Byregot's) and was able to increase my HQ rate.

There was an image floating around a while ago with a chart of which class makes which crafting/gathering AF, but I can't find it. Anyone else seen it?
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...VE&output=html
    This is cool too, maybe throw in OP?
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ce%20sheet.pdf

Edit: Oh I meant to ask, someone mentioned blue tools from class quest. Is the level 50 one (same stats as Luminary) just from the level 50 class quest?

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Is there are reason great strides is wearing off after 1 step? It says it should last for 3

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Shinebox View Post
    Is there are reason great strides is wearing off after 1 step? It says it should last for 3
    Read the tooltip: it only affects the next actual action, but you get 3 steps in which to perform that next action.

So, I guess I should have started off as an alchemist rather than a weaver (LVL30). That LVL 50 alchemist ability looks awesome.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I originally thought Piece By Piece (Increases remaining progress by 1/3, ARM50) was marginally useful, but it turns out that it's like some sick philosophical joke.

It doesn't increase progress by 1/3rd; it increases remaining progress by 1/3rd.

So if you have a synth that requires 162 progress and you use PBP, you will gain 54 progress and have 108 remaining. But if you use it again, you will gain 36 progress (i.e. 1/3rd of the remaining 108) and have 72 remaining. Use it again and you will gain 24 progress and have 48 remaining, use it again and you will gain 16 progress and have 32 remaining, etc.

ARM has the worst abilities in the game by far. They are totally useless. It's sad to say but true: ARM's best unique ability is Brand of Ice. Ingenuity II (lower synth level to 3 below you, BSM50) is actually better than PBP at what PBP does, because if you use I2 you will automatically get a huge efficiency boost to your progress synths and you'll be able to complete anything with 3 uses of Careful Synthesis I (with 0% failure rate to boot).

edit: more:

Steady Hand
    Has anyone else noticed that the tooltip for Steady Hand (increases success by 20%) is different than the icon for the buff itself (10%)? I haven't verified it, but one of my LSmates mentioned it. Also, has anyone failed an 80% success action (e.g. Standard Touch) with Steady Hand I active? I'm not entirely sure whether the success bonus is additive (80% + 20% = 100% success rate) or multiplicative (80% * 1.2 = 96% success rate).

50**
    Has anyone been able to craft the base 50** mats (e.g. vanya silk, treated spruce lumber)? I just finished off my HQ AF set and Luminary v2 yesterday, and I'm at 300crfshp/296ctrl before melds (my current gearset is here). 50** requires 345 crfshp to attempt, and I'm not sure it's even possible to get 40+ crfshp from multimelds based on the materia bonus caps I've been seeing so far.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Comfort Zone
    Inner Quiet
    Steady Hand II
    Hasty Touch
    Tricks of the Trade
    Manipulation
    Great Strides
    Byregot's Blessing
    Careful Synthesis II

That's what I use 90% of the time and it is absurdly easy to HQ anything non-starred. Stack Inner Quiet a million times with your Steady Hand II / Tricks of the Trade then blow the quality off the map by doing a stacked Great Strides for ultra boosted Byregot's Blessing (900+ quality is easy; on excellent you can hit like 1500+).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I originally thought Piece By Piece (Increases remaining progress by 1/3, ARM50) was marginally useful, but it turns out that it's like some sick philosophical joke.

It doesn't increase progress by 1/3rd; it increases remaining progress by 1/3rd.

So if you have a synth that requires 162 progress and you use PBP, you will gain 54 progress and have 108 remaining. But if you use it again, you will gain 36 progress (i.e. 1/3rd of the remaining 108) and have 72 remaining. Use it again and you will gain 24 progress and have 48 remaining, use it again and you will gain 16 progress and have 32 remaining, etc.

ARM has the worst abilities in the game by far. They are totally useless. It's sad to say but true: ARM's best unique ability is Brand of Ice. Ingenuity II (lower synth level to 3 below you, BSM50) is actually better than PBP at what PBP does, because if you use I2 you will automatically get a huge efficiency boost to your progress synths and you'll be able to complete anything with 3 uses of Careful Synthesis I (with 0% failure rate to boot).

edit: more:

Steady Hand
    Has anyone else noticed that the tooltip for Steady Hand (increases success by 20%) is different than the icon for the buff itself (10%)? I haven't verified it, but one of my LSmates mentioned it. Also, has anyone failed an 80% success action (e.g. Standard Touch) with Steady Hand I active? I'm not entirely sure whether the success bonus is additive (80% + 20% = 100% success rate) or multiplicative (80% * 1.2 = 96% success rate).

50**
    Has anyone been able to craft the base 50** mats (e.g. vanya silk, treated spruce lumber)? I just finished off my HQ AF set and Luminary v2 yesterday, and I'm at 300crfshp/296ctrl before melds (my current gearset is here). 50** requires 345 crfshp to attempt, and I'm not sure it's even possible to get 40+ crfshp from multimelds based on the materia bonus caps I've been seeing so far.
    There are some people in my ls with vantage stuff. Are you counting food in those numbers? It gives 24 (32 for the really good stuff)

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Vanya. Stupid phone

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Also, once the minimum craftsmanship and control numbers are reached does any further improvement to them noticeably help? Like give more progress on successful synths? Or is it just to create a gear block for some items?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well, I'm pretty sure that craftsmanship and control always help but for now, in the * and ** recipes, they serve as straight gear checks.

Also, keep in mind that Vanya existed in 1.0; I had a Vanya Robe from before (and sold it).

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    Comfort Zone
    Inner Quiet
    Steady Hand II
    Hasty Touch
    Tricks of the Trade
    Manipulation
    Great Strides
    Byregot's Blessing
    Careful Synthesis II

That's what I use 90% of the time and it is absurdly easy to HQ anything non-starred.
    Anything non-starred is pretty close to faceroll status as long as you have the right ability loadout, even with GC gear.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    Oh I meant to ask, someone mentioned blue tools from class quest. Is the level 50 one (same stats as Luminary) just from the level 50 class quest?
    Yeah, those are from 50 class quests. From LV30 or so up, the class quests require entirely HQ items to be turned in, and the LV50 quest is pretty rough (for WVR, it was HQ Patrician's hat/legs/body).

--

I'm trying to figure out the relationship between craftsmanship, level, and progress gain. (Difficulty only seems to affect the total amount of progress needed, not how much you gain per attempt.) I did some testing with Basic Synthesis (100% efficiency), and I was wondering if someone better with math could figure out anything from the limited results so far.

50WVR on LV39 recipe:
    202 craftsmanship = 61 progress
    264 craftsmanship = 79 progress
    300 craftsmanship = 90 progress

50WVR on LV43 recipe:
    202 craftsmanship = 57 progress
    264 craftsmanship = 74 progress
    300 craftsmanship = 85 progress

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Just hopping in for a question:

What are the synths and materia required for te level 50 class quests for WVR and LTW?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Quote Originally Posted by Tarubaby View Post
    What are the synths and materia required for the level 50 class quests for WVR and LTW?
    I can only answer for WVR, but the level 50 quest requires:
    • 1 HQ Patrician's Wedge Cap
    • 1 HQ Patrician's Coatee
    • 1 HQ Patrician's Bottoms

...and now, what I came here for! I haven't seen anyone mention materia stat caps for the best HQ crafting gear, so I'll get that discussion started! The following is a list of information I have for stat caps on the best DoH gear. I only tested with LTW and WVR, but it seems that all DoH AF caps at the same values, so this should be applicable to everyone. I do not have GSM to 50 yet, so hopefully someone can help me fill in the info for all the accessory slots! I will update this post if someone provides info that I don't have.

UPDATE: I've changed a good majority of the optimum melds listed to use less reliance on T4 materia since they're such a pain in the butt to get.

Mainhand: Can't meld the best Lv50 mainhand tool. Go do your class quests, you lazy sod!

Offhand (HQ Militia): 19 Craftsmanship; 11 Control; 3 CP
    - It is impossible to reach all the stat caps on this, so it's your pick what you meld.

Head (HQ AF): 4 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 0 CP
    - Optimum meld: Control III, Craftsmanship II, Control II

Body (HQ AF): 16 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 0 CP
    - Optimum meld option 1: Craftsmanship IV, Control III, Craftsmanship III, Craftsmanship III, Control II
    - The above option has less reliance on Tier-4 materia
    - Optimum meld option 2: Craftsmanship IV, Craftsmanship IV, Control III, Control II, Craftsmanship II
    - The above option has less expensive forbidden melds

Hands (HQ AF): 4 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 0 CP
    - Optimum meld: Control III, Craftsmanship II, Control II

Legs (HQ AF): 1 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 3 CP
    - Optimum meld: Control III, CP III, Control II, Craftsmanship I

Feet (HQ AF): 1 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 3 CP

Waist (HQ Raptorskin Mrch. Purse): 3 Craftsmanship; 5 Control; 3 CP
    - Note: Since this is not iLvl55+, it doesn't accept tier4 materia.

Neck (HQ Electrum Choker): 3 Craftsmanship; 3 Control; 5 CP
    - Optimum Meld: Control III, CP III, CP II, Craftsmanship I (your pick which tier-3 materia comes first)

Ears (HQ Red Coral Earrings): 3 Craftsmanship; 3 Control; 6 CP
    - Optimum Meld: Control III, CP III, CP III, Craftsmanship I (your pick which tier-3 materia comes first)

Wrists (HQ Militia): 4 Craftsmanship; 4 Control; 6 CP
    - Optimum Meld: Control IV, CP III, CP III, Craftsmanship II
    - Alternative Meld: Control IV, CP IV, Craftsmanship II, CP II
    - I used the alternative meld since CP IV materia has literally no use except for this gear slot (or melds onto NQ gear), so it's generally cheaper than any other T4 crafting materia.

Rings (HQ Aetheryte Ring): 4 Craftsmanship; 4 Control; 3 CP
    - Optimum Meld: Control IV, CP III, Craftsmanship II
    - Alternative Meld: Control III, CP III, Craftsmanship II, Control I

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

You don't have to have a craft leveled to see what would result if you inserted one materia; it just won't let you complete it.

Based on that, it looks like all accessories cap at 3 CRF, 3+ CTL, 3+ CP. Given your results with the waist piece, I would not be at all surprised if they all capped at 3 CRF/5 CTL/3 CP. edit: they don't. Some of my previous testing was before I got the iLV55 accessories. Here are the caps I've found (all for HQ items):

Electrum Choker- CRF+3, CP+5, CTL+3
    Red Coral Earring- CRF+3, CP+6, CTL+3
    Militia Wristlets- CRF+4, CP+6, CTL+4
    Aetheryte Ring- CRF+4, CP+3, CTL+4

Also, HQ body CRF cap is +16, militia offhand control cap is 7+ (which means you cannot hit all three materia caps for offhand, even with a 5 meld).

--

Is there a dye vendor in Uldah?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Gorgonnash

Is there a dye vendor in Uldah?
    Yes

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Where is the dye vendor in Uldah?

The Spooniest of Bards
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lucian Esperance
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Independent Merchant, in the Market Ward.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks.

Has anyone figured out how to repair others' gear?

Also: http://viperbeam.com/ffxiv/doh_materiacaps.xls
    Enjoy.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Has anyone figured out how to repair others' gear?
    You can't. They removed that ability completely. I don't remember exactly where, but when describing DoH classes, it says "and can repair your own gear" or something.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xanthe Celaeno
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Man, I really loved doing drive-by repairs on people's gear, especially on GSM.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Anyone know how the gc items that grant exp bonus work? It says chance, and I never really noticed a bump in exp.