1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 13 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 151 of 159 FirstFirst ... 101 141 149 150 151 152 153 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    I've seen some comments that you want to meld up to 700 GP for gathering. Anyone got any insight as to why? All the collectible moves I care about are 200 GP each, so 600 and 800 would be the numbers I cared about and you can't hit 800 even with food.

700 For Yellow Scrip Gathering, 650 For Red Scrip. Cause fuck SE's RNG.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Did I miss the post of 'meld this minimum to hit yellow scripts' gear yet?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

If you just want 1 hit reveal, then HQ craftable gear does it, and it also gives you enough to do turnins. You will miss a bit though.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

PSA: If you weren't around for it in Heavensward, they updated ixali quests to give you materia. It's not great, but it's a way to get some materia every day that isn't red scripts.

Also, hitting 1200 perception for HQ is kinda sucky. It requires Perception + overmelds on your tools unless you use food, which means you gotta do it multiple times for each DoL job. That part is kinda expensive.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Deathwing

I noticed you can also exchange oaknotes for tier I II III dol/doh materia.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Shaano View Post
    Did I miss the post of 'meld this minimum to hit yellow scripts' gear yet?
    If you're asking what you need to meld for omnicraft gear to match yellow scrip gear, it's CRF+25 & CTL+35 (or GTH+38 & PCP+34).
    That is excluding mainhand weapons.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Decided to power out the melding on gathering jobs. Don't know why I thought I could just easy mode it and wear full yellow scrips gear + melded acc's but once mainhands are done should be sitting at 1203/1200/700, nothing more than that required for the time being I hope? Scared of the thought of crafters now '_'

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

note to self: lures are not consumed upon use

I mean I could sell them back I guess, but meh. 10k gil is a drop in the bucket. and now I know better.

on a related note: anything else unique I should know about fishing? do I need to level any other gathering jobs or is it self-sufficient? is the gil any good at endgame? (I'll level it anyway, it's relaxing. just curious.) Any tips/tricks?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

It's self-sufficient. You could level CUL desynth through fishing if you don't have 3 desynth skills yet. The gil is currently rather good with Everdeep aethersand only coming from reduction of Sweatfish (which needs to be caught using yellow scrip bait, part of the reason why it's so expensive). There are also a good number of fish used in foods that sell well right now. There are definitely lull periods in the game when fishing doesn't make that much, though. But hopefully with the next patch that adds fish there will be some new swimsuits to get from desynth :D Shit makes bank.

Fishing stops being relaxing when you have something like 10 green fish left to catch and they're all impossible to hook - at that point, all fish become TOTAL ASSHOLES D:<

As for tips, um...you can use cordials while you have buffs up, so if you're going for a difficult fish that needs fish eyes, you can hit fish eyes, then use a cordial, then use patience I or II and get both buffs at once. If it doesn't need fish eyes, you can use patience I/II then immediately pop a cordial to give yourself more gp leeway for reeling in and jumpstart your next buff. Also pay close attention to whether you need to use precision or powerful hookset for whichever fish you're aiming for. Not all legendary fish give legendary tugs (Little Peryskos for instance is a medium tug), and some of the ones that give legendary tugs don't necessarily get reeled in with powerful hookset. I lost Hundred-eyed Axolotol a couple times because I forgot to use precision instead of powerful

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

lots of good info - I wasn't even considering desynth, but that's smart. thanks!

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So for quick synth: I want to avoid breaking every time I do 99x of something. Is there a way to tell how much I need so I don't break any of them? Like say, I need a certain craftsmanship if the recipe is x level/ilvl?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I don't know if there is a craftsmanship number, but my quick eyeballing of it is that if you are 10 levels over the recipe level you no longer break during quick synth (I have zero data to support that other than my own gut).

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

truthiness

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

question:

why are all the fish in Eorzea filled with sand?

that... that does not seem biologically feasible :/ and I have a feeling it only gets worse from here, lol

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Is there ANYTHING I can do with extra clusters? They have 2 uses as far as I can tell:

1. Use in crafting.
    2. Sell on MB for others to use in crafting.

3. ???????

Is there anything I can do with the extras at all? I have like 40,000 clusters of each type.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Is there ANYTHING I can do with extra clusters? They have 2 uses as far as I can tell:

1. Use in crafting.
    2. Sell on MB for others to use in crafting.

3. ???????

Is there anything I can do with the extras at all? I have like 40,000 clusters of each type.
    You can mail them to me, for free ofc. I'll put them to good use.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

How on earth do you have that many clusters o.O? did you mine like mad?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I've spent a truly twisted amount of time doing aetherial reduction.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

ahh :D
    Well sit on them until next round of craftables come with raid, see if you find a market then?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I haven't spiritbonded in a while, have a shiny new set of level 70 gear. Guidance?