1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 16 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 2 days, 17 hours, 21 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 149 FirstFirst ... 99 139 147 148 149
Results 2961 to 2974 of 2974
  1. #2961
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,314
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    This post (https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ills_possible/) claims that level 70 tools and gear are available from NPC Muto and Shichiho in Kugane. however, I can't find anything over level 67/68.

    Am I missing something or is this an error by the poster?

    Edit: It shows up once you have a DoL/DoH level 70.

  2. #2962
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,314
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Quote Originally Posted by Baelfael View Post
    So... I've been out of the crafting scene pretty much since 3.0. Any pointers on what skills and synths strats that are effective into leveling in Stormblood?
    I've just started, a couple things 62, a couple 61. Seems like the pre-stormblood methods of GC turnings, leves and collectibles is the best way to go.

    My question: If I spam a ridiculous amount of collectibles to level to 70, is there something to spend all the red scripts on? Already have the mastercraft 3/4 books and the gear is outclassed now.

  3. #2963

    Crafting red scrips are mostly useful for the Materia V and Specialization Souls. You can buy some leveling gear, but it's all NQ, and the endgame gear is both yellow scrip and with the exception of the mainhand not better than melded crafted gear. Down the road, I'd expect to see them add Master V books, but that could be as soon as Omega Savage, or three months down the road.

    Gathering-wise, the payoffs more obvious. Folklore books.

  4. #2964
    Relic Shield
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    1,649
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Anyone tried converting 290 crafter gear for shot at VI materia? Or is that still restricted to RNG gobbie trade-in via other tier VIs?

  5. #2965
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,338
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Anyone tried converting 290 crafter gear for shot at VI materia? Or is that still restricted to RNG gobbie trade-in via other tier VIs?
    I'd ballpark it (I think the English expression is?) to around 15-20% VIs, the rest thus far has been Vs (I only SBed like 40 pieces though,so hardly statistically significant)

  6. #2966
    Cake Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    29,539
    BG Level
    10
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

    The rule of thumb, generally, is to spend your red scrips on tier 4 materia instead of the tier 5, and then selling the 4s to fund your 5s. Feel like you'd get more out of it, would just take a lil longer. Tier 4 stuff is pretty expensive still, relatively, on Levi.

  7. #2967
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,314
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    What's the website I can use to compare crafting gear against each other and add materia to it and stuff? Wondering what decent but not gouge-my-eyes out level 70 melded DoH set looks like before I start yellow scripts

  8. #2968
    Chram
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,806
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

  9. #2969
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,314
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Anyone have any tricks for making a <se.#> sound effect work when solo? I like to have them in crafting macros when I'm looking off screen. You used to be able to pt with your chocobo and have it work, but that stopped working when they fixed it so you could queue for DF with your chocobo out.

    edit: They fixed echo to work with it now. That didn't used to be true.

  10. #2970
    Yoshi P
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    5,314
    BG Level
    8
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

    Best way to obtain T6 crafting materia that doesn't involve the market boards? I am hoping for a method like script turn in or dungeon drops like the combat materia has.

    Is there ANY method for obtaining T6 crafting materia that isn't spirit bond or market boards?

  11. #2971
    Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    5,330
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Anyone have any tricks for making a <se.#> sound effect work when solo? I like to have them in crafting macros when I'm looking off screen. You used to be able to pt with your chocobo and have it work, but that stopped working when they fixed it so you could queue for DF with your chocobo out.

    edit: They fixed echo to work with it now. That didn't used to be true.
    I have had working sound effects in echo macros since 2.0 release.

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Is there ANY method for obtaining T6 crafting materia that isn't spirit bond or market boards?
    Cracked crystals, I believe.

  12. #2972
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,753
    BG Level
    8

    I've gotten one from transmutation at the gobbie.

  13. #2973
    Nidhogg
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    3,910
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Best way to obtain T6 crafting materia that doesn't involve the market boards? I am hoping for a method like script turn in or dungeon drops like the combat materia has.

    Is there ANY method for obtaining T6 crafting materia that isn't spirit bond or market boards?
    Spiritbond is your best hope and even that is a 5-10% chance.

  14. #2974
    Black Belt
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    5,753
    BG Level
    8

    Just buy a bunch of trash Vs and feed them into the machine! It's only more expensive if you don't buy your sb mats.
    Probably.

    I dunno the prices of Vs but they are dirt cheap on my server.