1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 22 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 37 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 22 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 155 of 159 FirstFirst ... 105 145 153 154 155 156 157 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

tfw you realize it's better to undershoot certain ephemeral nodes because their sands are 1k or less on your server and you'd rather have the crystals/clusters...

good thing hitting 3/8 or 4/8 is always free and easy

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Looks like you've come full circle, since that's what this post was telling you to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    You can make like 500k/30 minutes by doing collectibles > desynth > lightning crystals. Can easily gather over 1,000 every 30 min that way and there is a node rotation that lets you do lightning from noon to midnight every day.

Wind good too but don't have as wide a gather window. You're gonna wanna netflix at same time.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

I was confused as to what he meant! but p sure ephemeral nodes are the gravy train right now (maybe legendary too?)

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

More of a housing question, but how do you preserve flowers you've grown in a pot?
    I grew some cherry blossoms for my house and I vaguely remember some patch saying you can preserve them in various states of growth (or maybe just sparkly and finished?) I don't like them harvested because they're too small and sad-looking.
    Do you just leave em in the growing pot and never harvest them? I guess that means you can't put their finished form in a flowerpot...

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

On the subject of housing, is there a way to preview housing items before you buy/craft them?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

This is probably your best bet.
    http://en.ff14housing.com/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

What's up with Fire Clusters lately? They are up to 1k each on the AH and and COMPLETELY out of stock on my server. :/

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

1k each for clusters is insane

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

1k each for clusters is insane
    one line popped on the AH just after I posted, 60 for 1200 each. and within an hour, they were gone.....

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Any guess as to what ilvl the next tier of DoW/DoM gear wil be next patch? 350, 360? God forbid, 370?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If they're following the same iLv progression that Heavensward had (and I can't see any reason to expect otherwise), then you can expect...
    i375: Savage content weapons
    i370: Savage content armor
    i360: New weekly-capped tomestone gear (upgradable to i370) with the weapon locked behind 7 weeks of doing the new casual-level raid
    i360: Patch 4.3 alliance raid gear
    i350: New casual-level raid (using a similar component trade-in system that we currently have for deltascape)
    i340 or i330: New expert dungeon(s) drops
    Tomes of creation will become uncapped, and you'll probably be able to buy the i330->i340 upgrade items with creation tomes. Tomes of verity will no longer be used or obtained, and can be exchanged for some amount of tomes of creation. The stuff currently bought with tomes of verity will either be offloaded onto the Centurion Seal NPC, or become buyable for very few tomes of creation, or maybe even poetics.

Why yes, this game IS very formulaic! What gave it away? The only real mystery for me is what this "Eureka" content will add (whenever they finally add it), and what iLv the relic weapons (and maybe armor) will be.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

relic weapons will just follow the savage weapons slightly behind, I would imagine, same as last time. although I think they were actually ahead on occasion, depending on the patch? too lazy to look it up but they tended to trail close to each other, with tomestone and primal weapons lagging just behind (with inferior secondary stats as well)

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Raldo View Post
    If they're following the same iLv progression that Heavensward had (and I can't see any reason to expect otherwise), then you can expect...
    i375: Savage content weapons
    i370: Savage content armor
    i360: New weekly-capped tomestone gear (upgradable to i370) with the weapon locked behind 7 weeks of doing the new casual-level raid
    i360: Patch 4.3 alliance raid gear
    i350: New casual-level raid (using a similar component trade-in system that we currently have for deltascape)
    i340 or i330: New expert dungeon(s) drops
    Tomes of creation will become uncapped, and you'll probably be able to buy the i330->i340 upgrade items with creation tomes. Tomes of verity will no longer be used or obtained, and can be exchanged for some amount of tomes of creation. The stuff currently bought with tomes of verity will either be offloaded onto the Centurion Seal NPC, or become buyable for very few tomes of creation, or maybe even poetics.

Why yes, this game IS very formulaic! What gave it away? The only real mystery for me is what this "Eureka" content will add (whenever they finally add it), and what iLv the relic weapons (and maybe armor) will be.
    That's nice to see, but you forgot to answer the question actually stated. I asked what ilvl you guys think the next CRAFTED tier for DoW/DoM will be. Hence, why it is posted in the crafting/gathering thread, lol.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    That's nice to see, but you forgot to answer the question actually stated. I asked what ilvl you guys think the next CRAFTED tier for DoW/DoM will be.
    Well you are in the crafting/gathering thread, so maybe they should have caught that by some sort of transitive thread property, but what you asked was:

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Any guess as to what ilvl the next tier of DoW/DoM gear wil be next patch? 350, 360? God forbid, 370?
    The word crafted doesn't appear in that question.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Well you are in the crafting/gathering thread, so maybe they should have caught that by some sort of transitive thread property, but what you asked was:

The word crafted doesn't appear in that question.
    Well, shit. Sorry about that. I guess I should have re-read my initial post first. But I did mean to post only about crafted gear. Sorry Raldo for the harsh remark to your post.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Waka Bo
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Usually 10 ilv's below the tome pieces. i350 if going from above numbers.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

Whoops, yeah despite the thread location, crafted gear completely slipped my mind. I don't do anything hard enough to ever consider spending the money on that stuff, so I often forget it exists until 2+ patches later if I want to use it for glamour.

i350 would follow the trend. Interestingly, though that trend doesn't appear to have started until patch 3.2 (the highest crafted set from 3.0 seems to have been i180 instead of i190), but I think that might've been prior to allowing you to slot materia onto raid gear, so that might explain the 10 iLv difference.

Does anyone think they'll add new DoH/L gear in any future 4.x patch? I don't know if there's enough past data to expose any trends. The Ala Mhigan stuff feels roughly equivalent to the top-tier Ironworks stuff from HW (despite not having a blue item background), but the Ironworks stuff wasn't added until much later into HW compared to the Ala Mhigan stuff (though I don't actually know when it was added, 'cause I quit before 3.3). I'd be shocked if we went the entire rest of the expansion without more upgrades, but I also don't know if anything warrants a further stat increase (DoL certainly doesn't need it). I guess I keep hearing the high-end crafted stuff is a pain in the ass to make, so DoH might keep getting upgraded gear.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

There will absolutely be another round of crafting gear. Probably in 4.3 if that is when they introduce whatever beastman tribe has crafting materials. Then another series of small or side upgrades in 4.5 which will hold us till 5.0

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

There will absolutely be another round of crafting gear. Probably in 4.3 if that is when they introduce whatever beastman tribe has crafting materials. Then another series of small or side upgrades in 4.5 which will hold us till 5.0
    I think we will be getting some crafting/gathering accessories in 3.2, technically we don't really need them. But they have already upgraded left side gear for DoL/DoH twice since SB launch. But right side we are still sporting the original LVL. 70 crafted pieces. Seems kinda of out of whack to me.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

what do you guys spend scrips on? I'm getting all the yellow scrip gear just because doing weekly custom deliveries left me with an overabundance of scrips. red I'm going for all the folklore tomes but will be done with that pretty soon

only thing I can see for yellow is bait, which has hit rock bottom on my server so meh. red I'm like... idk, hi-cordials?