1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 2 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 21 hours, 12 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 19 hours, 47 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 14 hours, 12 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 159 FirstFirst ... 109 149 157 158 159
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    ...That always confused me about the ability and why I never bothered to try using it >_>
    So Brand increases the potency of Name up to 300% progress based off how much quality you have. Then the second hit is reduced, the third is reduced more, etc...

Two or three is good enough before you're better off swapping to standard or careful synthesis

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It isn't based on quality at all. It's based on progress. The higher your progress, the less effective name of the elements becomes. Therefore you always want to use it near the beginning of the progress bar. Some at level synths won't be finishable by 2 as a result of this.

From the leveling up perspective, I've found it more difficult to get HQs than the old system, but I'd also try to not go 4-5 levels without upgrading gear since dropping a few hundred k here and there if you went that route would frankly be better just going into leve items. The gutting of Hasty Touch and Rapid Synth can also be felt since I've had some attempts where I've spent Brand/Name and still have like 1/3rd the bar left and whether or not I finish depends on getting a Good for Tricks to pop a WN.

Either way, certain Charity leves are even better than before with the EXP boosts. Even some single turn-ins are fucking bargains, now. Of course, if you've got friends willing to make the items for you, do it. My general sentiment at this point is that they made the system too top-heavy.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

It's definitely more annoying now for people who weren't already 70+ omnicrafters. Even at cap I find myself tripping over shit occasionally because I'm not used to using Innovation as a God buff that works on everything.

I honestly don't like what they've done to crafting. I do like the changes to gathering though. Quick Gathering is great and stealth would be awesome if it weren't for the stupid fucking animation that can't be turned off without removing the buff.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ishgard restoration is this upcoming Tuesday?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yep along with ultimate!

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

So now that I have multiple crafts at 80, I invested in the i460 HQ crafter set. But they have a couple meld slots each so what should I prioritize melding for stats? My white scrip gear on GSM was pretty overkill for what I actually crafted so I'm assuming this will be too even without melds

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

tbh I just follow this guide.

https://www.xivcraftingguide.com/51rotations

But for basic rules its CP then Craftsmanship to complete the craft in however many steps and Control to reduce how many HQ mats you need.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Not gonna lie, started reading that and my eyes just glossed over hard. I am waaaaaay too much of a filthy casual to get that involved