1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 0 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 23 hours, 24 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 17 hours, 35 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 16 hours, 24 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 153 of 159 FirstFirst ... 103 143 151 152 153 154 155 ... LastLast
    Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Bleh. I am nowhere near that. What are you wearing? 70 HQ gear with melds?

edit: yeah, I tried it again and this time got like 300 red, 50 yellow. RNG gonna RNG I guess!

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Bleh. I am nowhere near that. What are you wearing? 70 HQ gear with melds?

edit: yeah, I tried it again and this time got like 300 red, 50 yellow. RNG gonna RNG I guess!
    70 HQ gear with melds and yellow scrip rod. But I was doing it before I got the rod. I got the yellow scrips for the rod while farming red scrips there for my folklore times.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Thanks, that's helpful to know.

Seems like the node makes a huge difference; I've gotten the good node (NW of Kobayashi) several times in a row now and it's way better. Altho I am literally just giving away Tiny Tatsunokos to my friends at this point. They don't seem to sell very well and meh, why bother.

Edit: and then I caught my first Sweatfish, reduced to 3x HQ everdeep aethersands, and the whole goddamn thing was worth it

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    Thanks, that's helpful to know.

Seems like the node makes a huge difference; I've gotten the good node (NW of Kobayashi) several times in a row now and it's way better. Altho I am literally just giving away Tiny Tatsunokos to my friends at this point. They don't seem to sell very well and meh, why bother.

Edit: and then I caught my first Sweatfish, reduced to 3x HQ everdeep aethersands, and the whole goddamn thing was worth it
    Yeah, I think almost everyone in my LS has that damned Tatsunoko minion. I still have 11 on my mule I can't get rid of... I have better stuff to put ont he AH and I feel weird just dropping them, lol.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

MIN and BTN to 30

somebody fucking kill me now I don't want to finish this shit

FSH was so relaxing. sit there and wait for the tug, enjoy the scenery, most of your xp comes from turn-ins and leves (aka buying XP from the marketboard). BTN and MIN are like, "hey tap this button 40 times for 1/12 of a level. also you have to move to a new tapping spot every 6 taps. ok, good job. now keep doing that until your fingers bleed. enjoy!"

You should use leves + GC gathering scrolls to level MIN/BOT as well, much faster this way.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

If you're not in any sort of rush, the daily GC turn-ins (supply/provisioning missions) are also a great way to get levels without actually doing much. I leveled my BTN/MIN/FSH from 60-70 almost entirely on the daily GC turn-ins because that shit is boring. I don't actually know how much exp you get for that at such a low level though.

Oh, you mentioned "turn-ins" in your post, so you probably already know. Well, another useful thing is the weekly challenge log xp.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

yeah, I might just do GC turn-ins. it takes way longer but BTN/MIN leves are soooo boring. not like FSH leves (which are just another form of turn-ins).

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anybody know where Gyr Abanian Alchemic comes from?

EDIT: Never mind, I found it. It's a yellow scrip item. 250 yellow scrips each.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone know what tier of Craftsmanship is needed to quick synth Moybdenum Ores and all related tiers with 100% success rate?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

For everdeep aethersand farming, does it matter if I use patience or patience II?

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Anyone know what tier of Craftsmanship is needed to quick synth Moybdenum Ores and all related tiers with 100% success rate?
    Pretty sure it's not craftsmanship related, think you have to be 10 levels over the recipe.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    For everdeep aethersand farming, does it matter if I use patience or patience II?
    what matters most for everdeep sands is BITCH YOU BETTER NOT BE ON MY SERVER THAT'S MY MARKET I WILL FUCKING CUT YOU

but to actually answer your question: I have no clue, but I assume Patience II is better. it's a higher upgrade to quality level. try it out with Patience I and see if you get any Sweatfish that aren't 8/8 for aetherical reduction; if you do, then there's your answer. hell I might try it myself tonight if I get bored, that's an interesting question

I'd also say it's a rather moot point considering you can just refill GP, but... cordials are 8k on my server right now. so it is very much relevant lol

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Go farm diadem for an hour and craft all the cordial you ever need.

Also brb moving to your server to grant plebs their cheaper everdeeps.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

tbh it would be a waste of your time; sands are crashing again already. I took advantage of the post-patch high and sold my inventory :/

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Anyone find it kind of odd that we've gotten 2 upgrades to left side gear already for crafting/gathering nad sporting i320 left side, but our right side gear has moved since launch? Best we have is still i290 LVL. 70 crafted gear still.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Pretty sure it's not craftsmanship related, think you have to be 10 levels over the recipe.
    It's related to something else. When I use my penta-meld omnicraft gear, I have <5% failure rate on quicksynthed twinthread/molyb ingot/palladium nug/etc.; when I use my spiritbonding serge/persimmon set (same main/offhand), it's like 20-30% failure.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

290 mainhand, 290 right side/belt, ala mhigan for the rest.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Classikmage View Post
    Anyone find it kind of odd that we've gotten 2 upgrades to left side gear already for crafting/gathering nad sporting i320 left side, but our right side gear has moved since launch? Best we have is still i290 LVL. 70 crafted gear still.
    I feel like gathering gear is kind of a mess altogether... I'm new to gathering since Stormblood so not sure if that's just me being used to the constant flow of upgrades and sidegrades in DoW/M?

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I know this sounds weird, but I think some of the higher tier ores cap at >100% gather rate... I've started making my Ala Mhigan gathering gear since I finished my crafting gear and I've made 3/5 already and gotten over 100 gathering since I started. I'm sitting at 1371(made a Nomad Meat Pie HQ to push me higher to see if it pushed anything) and Molybdenum Ore is still sitting at 95%, Palladium Sand hasn't moved from 96%, Doman Iron Sand hasn't moved from 98%, and Durium Sand is still sitting at 99% since I started making my Ala Mhigan gear. Yet, they are all sitting at 15% HQ rate like everything else. Unless they immediately jump up at some certain special break points, I think they might cap there....