1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 25 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 34 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 25 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 149 of 159 FirstFirst ... 99 139 147 148 149 150 151 ... LastLast
    Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

This post (https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comme...ills_possible/) claims that level 70 tools and gear are available from NPC Muto and Shichiho in Kugane. however, I can't find anything over level 67/68.

Am I missing something or is this an error by the poster?

Edit: It shows up once you have a DoL/DoH level 70.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Baelfael View Post
    So... I've been out of the crafting scene pretty much since 3.0. Any pointers on what skills and synths strats that are effective into leveling in Stormblood?
    I've just started, a couple things 62, a couple 61. Seems like the pre-stormblood methods of GC turnings, leves and collectibles is the best way to go.

My question: If I spam a ridiculous amount of collectibles to level to 70, is there something to spend all the red scripts on? Already have the mastercraft 3/4 books and the gear is outclassed now.

Crafting red scrips are mostly useful for the Materia V and Specialization Souls. You can buy some leveling gear, but it's all NQ, and the endgame gear is both yellow scrip and with the exception of the mainhand not better than melded crafted gear. Down the road, I'd expect to see them add Master V books, but that could be as soon as Omega Savage, or three months down the road.

Gathering-wise, the payoffs more obvious. Folklore books.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anyone tried converting 290 crafter gear for shot at VI materia? Or is that still restricted to RNG gobbie trade-in via other tier VIs?

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    Anyone tried converting 290 crafter gear for shot at VI materia? Or is that still restricted to RNG gobbie trade-in via other tier VIs?
    I'd ballpark it (I think the English expression is?) to around 15-20% VIs, the rest thus far has been Vs (I only SBed like 40 pieces though,so hardly statistically significant)

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

The rule of thumb, generally, is to spend your red scrips on tier 4 materia instead of the tier 5, and then selling the 4s to fund your 5s. Feel like you'd get more out of it, would just take a lil longer. Tier 4 stuff is pretty expensive still, relatively, on Levi.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

What's the website I can use to compare crafting gear against each other and add materia to it and stuff? Wondering what decent but not gouge-my-eyes out level 70 melded DoH set looks like before I start yellow scripts

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Skai Aetheris
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Anyone have any tricks for making a <se.#> sound effect work when solo? I like to have them in crafting macros when I'm looking off screen. You used to be able to pt with your chocobo and have it work, but that stopped working when they fixed it so you could queue for DF with your chocobo out.

edit: They fixed echo to work with it now. That didn't used to be true.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Best way to obtain T6 crafting materia that doesn't involve the market boards? I am hoping for a method like script turn in or dungeon drops like the combat materia has.

Is there ANY method for obtaining T6 crafting materia that isn't spirit bond or market boards?

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Anyone have any tricks for making a <se.#> sound effect work when solo? I like to have them in crafting macros when I'm looking off screen. You used to be able to pt with your chocobo and have it work, but that stopped working when they fixed it so you could queue for DF with your chocobo out.

edit: They fixed echo to work with it now. That didn't used to be true.
    I have had working sound effects in echo macros since 2.0 release.

Is there ANY method for obtaining T6 crafting materia that isn't spirit bond or market boards?
    Cracked crystals, I believe.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I've gotten one from transmutation at the gobbie.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Best way to obtain T6 crafting materia that doesn't involve the market boards? I am hoping for a method like script turn in or dungeon drops like the combat materia has.

Spiritbond is your best hope and even that is a 5-10% chance.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Just buy a bunch of trash Vs and feed them into the machine! It's only more expensive if you don't buy your sb mats.
    Probably.

I dunno the prices of Vs but they are dirt cheap on my server.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I have a bunch of blue/red Rowena's crafting tokens, goblin cups (crafting), and goblin dice (gathering). What can I do with them?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

You can trade these items in at someone in Idyllshire (maybe Rhalgr's Reach too? I didn't check). Tokens at the Splendor's Vendor, and the goblin crap to some goblin.

Rowena's Token (Red Crafter's Scrip) - For every 1 of these you have, the Splendor's Vendor will give you a T4 DoH materia of your choice or 4 Rowena's Token (Blue Crafter's Scrip). I chose the latter to catch my desynthesis levels up. I had about 150 Red tokens and that turned into 600 Blue tokens.

Rowena's Token (Blue Crafter's Scrip) - You can trade these in for Lv60 i180 DoH gear. You can also use them to buy some crafting materials I hadn't heard of. I bought a ton of Handmaster's Rings for desynthesis. Wound up with a bunch of Glass Fibers. They were selling for a fair amount a couple weekends ago, but the price seems to have a tanked since then (30k -> 10k). Desynthing this stuff will pretty easily take you to roughly desynth lv200.

Goblin Cup / Goblin Dice - I don't personally know what these are (I guess I quit around when they were added), but it looks like you can trade them in to a Goblin in Idyllshire alongside the i180 DoH/DoL gear to augment it to i200, or trade them in for T4 DoH / DoL materia of your choice.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I didn't play 3.0 much past launch.

Two questions:

Should we expect the next level of crafted gear in 4.3?

Will current 4.0 gear be better than 4.3 gear if the 4.0 gear is max melded? (I know no one can definitely answer this, but I guess I'm asking if 3.0 gear was better than 3.3 gear if max melded - I'm trying to decide how much gil I should throw into gatherer/crafter gear or if I should just get "good enough" and wait for 3.3 to push it)

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

If you're aiming for an omnicrafting set, the 3.0 fully-melded omnicrafting set was good until 3.4 (I believe).

That isn't to say that it was better than the single-class gear (it obviously wasn't), but that you could still craft top-end recipes with it.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

I just did my gathering gear "good enough" to get HQs on the highest level stuff. And I suppose if 4.3 rolls around and there's gear that's gonna be a lot better max melded and I need it for catching fish, then I'll farm that up and junk my current set (aka put it on my poor retainer that didn't get my hand-me-down ironworks lol).