1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 22 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 1 hours, 47 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 15 hours, 12 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 18 hours, 47 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Bard Detail     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

So is there any knowledge about the stat caps for melding a HQ longarm bow? I accidentally HQ'd one today and it looked like it might have been able to challenge garuda's bow but I wasn't sure. Should be better than ifrits/GC though if I understand stuff correctly. (Although dmg vs stats confuses me.)

Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kisada View Post
    body
    So just get DL body and dont bother with hands, legs, head or feet since I have Toxotes?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Get DL head, no hands or legs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

since you don't have tox body yet definitely get body first. after that i'd grab the eyepatch. and yes, don't go for the hands or the legs.

Planning ahead for my brd, I can only see Uldah boots to combo with Flame Sergeant's Ring. Yes or no?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

So, from what I'm gathering..
    Darklight Head/Body/waist/wrist/neck/earring/ring
    Toxote hands/legs/feet

Or are you better off running Toxote wrist/neck/earring/ring?

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Milkshakes00 View Post
    So, from what I'm gathering..
    Darklight Head/Body/waist/wrist/neck/earring/ring
    Toxote hands/legs/feet

Or are you better off running Toxote wrist/neck/earring/ring?
    Ring and Earring for DL are great upgrades once you have enough Vit from the armor upgrades to have 3400+ HP for Titan. DL feet are an upgrade, but a very small one. Not worth the phil unless you have nothing else to spend it on. If you're doing AK farming runs too, you should spend your myth on Bard armor also. Don't save them for +1ing Artemis until much later.

BG Level

Ok... im getting different info here then in my LS, lol.

So right now I have Artemis on Bard. DL Wrist/Waist/Neck/Earring. Toxote Head, Hands, Legs and Feet.

They told me to get full DL gear and to get my +1 before doing any Bard armor.

But, I should upgrade to DL head, body and ring, stay with Toxote hands, legs and feet and upgrade to Bard gear before +1ing Artemis?

Which pieces of Bard gear should I go for first?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Full DL is an idiotic gear check put in place by shout groups. If you've already got relic, I wouldn't bother.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Jornna View Post
    Ok... im getting different info here then in my LS, lol.

So right now I have Artemis on Bard. DL Wrist/Waist/Neck/Earring. Toxote Head, Hands, Legs and Feet.

They told me to get full DL gear and to get my +1 before doing any Bard armor.

But, I should upgrade to DL head, body and ring, stay with Toxote hands, legs and feet and upgrade to Bard gear before +1ing Artemis?

Which pieces of Bard gear should I go for first?
    Here's the sad reality for DL. You need all the pieces. And not because they are any good, but because 90% of the population refuse to believe anything else is better. So, in the end you basically gotta gimp yourself just to fit in or people with trash you.

I had someone doing a garuda shout tell me I wasn't geared enough for it because of having toxotes gear...GARUDA. A titan DF run I had someone tell me "don't join with green gear."

They are idiots, but you can't solo this stuff...so if you can't beat 'em, join em.

Trying to get AF2 hands and legs first at least since the DL versions are bleh.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Here's the sad reality for DL. You need all the pieces. And not because they are any good, but because 90% of the population refuse to believe anything else is better. So, in the end you basically gotta gimp yourself just to fit in or people with trash you.

I had someone doing a garuda shout tell me I wasn't geared enough for it because of having toxotes gear...GARUDA. A titan DF run I had someone tell me "don't join with green gear."

They are idiots, but you can't solo this stuff...so if you can't beat 'em, join em.

Trying to get AF2 hands and legs first at least since the DL versions are bleh.
    Yeah, I keep hearing I needed full DL but I wasnt sure that dropping that much crit hit was worth it.

I guess if I already got relic then who cares? Get whats actually best and not what people think is best?

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Unless you're trying to get into a pug for Coil (is this a thing on any server?), you're holding all the gear check you need.

I got a question, why is the darklight hand worse than toxotes one? Also, if i have access to darklight hand, toxotes, hq milita mitt gaulet, which would be best?

Determination is garbage and you don't need accuracy until the Coil (even then you shouldn't have trouble getting enough).

DL hands and legs have both DET and ACC as their secondaries, so....crappy in general.

Tom Wilson will never be good.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zero Star
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Get whats actually best and not what people think is best?
    Always. Only reason I even have DL feet is because I haven't seen Tox feet drop ever I actually stayed with a Relic BRD in full DL on Ifrit in a pug on parse, lost by 2-5k each time, which is pretty bad considering the Relic BRDs in my LS crush me on anything(I had GC bow for that run, and got Ifrit's on it). Since I'm also kinda stuck on BLm relic atm, I'll get BRD AF2 hat so I don't have to bother with the patch.

Yeah, I keep hearing I needed full DL but I wasnt sure that dropping that much crit hit was worth it.

I guess if I already got relic then who cares? Get whats actually best and not what people think is best?
    Yea, this game current situation is you don't have DL gear = you are the one failed the fight.

Hell... I was even using HQ Longarm, level 36+ accessories and set of Artifact while winning Garuda HM.

People didn't know that when to use LB on this fight, Off Tank keeps red linked with the bunch of people fighting Green Linked to wipe , and facing to DPS and healers... Of course will then quoted because our gears sux to wipe.

Garuda fight isn't hard, as long as people know what job there are doing accordingly... Also, where to go when powerful attack inc...

On Titan, I believed Your HP is one of the factor to survive, but good healers and tank are important too.

Many dungeons and Primal fights are really base on Tank knowing to position and healer are healing fast enough with MP managing.
    A tank making Garuda facing you, a tank making AK final boss to take up whole area with Tail Move... It's end of story, get yourself level PLD or WAR... lol

BG Level

Well I feel better now then. Just got DL body and will get relic hat some time next week.

Should I just get all relic gear before +1ing relic bow?

Well I feel better now then. Just got DL body and will get relic hat some time next week.

Should I just get all relic gear before +1ing relic bow?
    I would get relic+1 beyond any others, if your relic is ready.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by chichicha View Post
    I would get relic+1 beyond any others, if your relic is ready.
    You would spend 900 mythology on 1 dam 4 dex 5 vit instead of spending a little less on relic hand/ring which would give 13 Dex 9 vit 26 crit over Toxotes hands/ring?

Hey.

That shit glows man.

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 105 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast