1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 13 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 10 hours, 15 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 6 hours, 44 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 3 hours, 15 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 184

Thread: Unlocking dungeons     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #61
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,255
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Just did Cutter's. Had a good pick-up pt so it didn't seem as horrible as Churchill made it sound and seemed simpler than sunken.

  2. #62
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,392
    BG Level
    9

    More or less it just seemed like DF groups would wipe at certain points.

    I've had pretty good luck (and have my own healer) with DF groups though.

  3. #63
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,255
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Yeah, there were definitely dangerous situations.

    Swiftcast + Resurrection for emergencies is awesome.

  4. #64
    Bagel
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,324
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

    The Binding Coil of Bahamut (8-man): 50, accessible via MSQ in the Waking Sands after clearing the Navel (Hard) [Titan].

  5. #65
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,297
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post
    The Binding Coil of Bahamut (8-man): 50, accessible via MSQ in the Waking Sands after clearing the Navel (Hard) [Titan].
    What a tease What are your thoughts about it?

  6. #66
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,255
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    Bosses in Stone Vigil drop tomestones of philosophy. 2 and 3 for sub-bosses, 15 for last boss. Not from chest, you get them as a normal monster drop.

  7. #67

    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    874
    BG Level
    5
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

    Split or to one person (random) like chest drops?

  8. #68
    Relic Horn
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,297
    BG Level
    7
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

    Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Split or to one person (random) like chest drops?
    Everyone gets the tokens

    While we're at this, Aurum Vale is 40, Wanderer's Palace is 50. Cutter's Cry gives no tokens so I guess they start at Stone Vigil. We can probably assume Darhold is 30 tokens.

  9. #69
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    571
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Tolan Revant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    What are the tokens used for?

  10. #70
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,255
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    You can exchange them in Mor Dhona for end game items and stuff.

  11. #71
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    571
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Tolan Revant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Stone Vigil: L41 Main Story Quest: In Pursuit of the Past

    just for completeness sake

  12. #72

    Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post
    So far we like what we've seen from the last boss of Praetorium
    Spoiler: show
    Ultima Weapon


    and the new versions of Ifrit (Hard) and Garuda (Hard) are definitely solid. We believe Titan (Hard) is after Garuda.
    I feel like anything cleared before a game officially launches during a period of time in which all instances were down on and off for a good 36ish hours is anything but solid. Regardless of relic status/skill level etc, I was hoping it would take a good two or so weeks to get to the end of what we currently have available not after 3 days of shoddy service where the game was near unplayable for most of the population. I will leave my judgment for when I actually get there though since I have been mostly leveling arcanist/ have not been able to get on. At the very least the sunken temple of qarn was a good step in the right direction compared to what I was expecting. The people I was doing it with were terrible though so the difficulty was probably skewed more than it really is.

  13. #73
    Ridill
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    9,255
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    The people that finished it are mostly those that rushed the story ignoring anything else. This will take longer for standard players, but for serious ones stuff like this always doesn't take long.

  14. #74
    The Real Cookiemonster
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    1,577
    BG Level
    6
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

    Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Everyone gets the tokens

    While we're at this, Aurum Vale is 40, Wanderer's Palace is 50. Cutter's Cry gives no tokens so I guess they start at Stone Vigil. We can probably assume Darhold is 30 tokens.
    Alas, I didnt' take notes, but beat Darkhold yesterday, I think it was 3+7+15, but I can't sign my name on that.
    (we were too busy trying to figure out the bosses in time to pay much attention)

  15. #75
    Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    6,234
    BG Level
    8
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

    Do the items from tokens also come from drops in places?

  16. #76

    Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    The people that finished it are mostly those that rushed the story ignoring anything else. This will take longer for standard players, but for serious ones stuff like this always doesn't take long.


    I know that, I guess I am just looking for a bit more satisfaction from the main quests than something that can be cleared within a few days for people who are determined to finish it. So far up to 40 I do not care about anything I have done and I feel absolutely no satisfaction from doing these quests whatsoever. Even though I am doing them at the level intended with my arcanist they have given me no challenge whatsoever, but this isn't the right thread for my gripes with how easy the story has been thus far.

    On a note more related to this subject, has anyone gotten the relic reborn quest unlocked yet, and do we know the details for each step of the quest? I am wondering if we will still need Ifrit extreme even though it wont be out until 2.1.

  17. #77
    Banned.

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    10,392
    BG Level
    9

    I don't even really see the point other than looks if the Allagan weapons have ident stats.

    CS after beating Garuda is tits tho, shit got real mofuckas.

    I think if we have people fully decked in Bahamut's Coil stuff in the next 2-3 days then we're looking at a shitty game, until then we've beat the main story (which is a lot of rehash Echo+GC story) and stuff we've already done (sans Titan, which was also done in 1.0 but never released).

  18. #78
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    746
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by requiemlacrimosa View Post
    I know that, I guess I am just looking for a bit more satisfaction from the main quests than something that can be cleared within a few days for people who are determined to finish it. So far up to 40 I do not care about anything I have done and I feel absolutely no satisfaction from doing these quests whatsoever. Even though I am doing them at the level intended with my arcanist they have given me no challenge whatsoever, but this isn't the right thread for my gripes with how easy the story has been thus far.

    On a note more related to this subject, has anyone gotten the relic reborn quest unlocked yet, and do we know the details for each step of the quest? I am wondering if we will still need Ifrit extreme even though it wont be out until 2.1.
    need finish story missions and job quest for the job you want relic for then head to vesper bay and talk to npc who give you the dungeons quest and he will give you quest lead to rowena then grelot for relic

    i had my second on ifrit X before last save and now i activate it and it tell me you need to "Obtain a chunk of hyperfused ore in the Navel (Hard)"

  19. #79

    Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    need finish story missions and job quest for the job you want relic for then head to vesper bay and talk to npc who give you the dungeons quest and he will give you quest lead to rowena then grelot for relic

    i had my second on ifrit X before last save and now i activate it and it tell me you need to "Obtain a chunk of hyperfused ore in the Navel (Hard)"
    Man, Yoshi wasn't kidding when he said getting a relic would be easier.

  20. #80
    Sea Torques
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    746
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

    Quote Originally Posted by requiemlacrimosa View Post
    Man, Yoshi wasn't kidding when he said getting a relic would be easier.
    here screens of the quest log

    http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8577/ktpf.jpg

    http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7420/0ts1.jpg

    http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5462/ljtm.jpg

    http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3674/f59k.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag