1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 23 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 10 hours, 36 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 23 hours, 23 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlocking dungeons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    What a tease What are your thoughts about it?
    Tuning seems good, not sure exactly how much of a gear check it'll be. We were very skeptical about Yoshida's comment about less than 100 players clearing all five turns before 2.1, but depending on when 2.1 releases, it might take that long for 100 players to get the tomestones of mythology needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post
    Tuning seems good, not sure exactly how much of a gear check it'll be. We were very skeptical about Yoshida's comment about less than 100 players clearing all five turns before 2.1, but depending on when 2.1 releases, it might take that long for 100 players to get the tomestones of mythology needed.
    Have you guys done it at all to get any of the tomestones of mythology? If so, what is the drop rate on them like?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by requiemlacrimosa View Post
    Have you guys done it at all to get any of the tomestones of mythology? If so, what is the drop rate on them like?
    Haven't completed the first turn yet. First boss (there are two) didn't drop any tomestones. We were pressed for time so we didn't check for coffers.

Haven't completed the first turn yet. First boss (there are two) didn't drop any tomestones. We were pressed for time so we didn't check for coffers.
    ah lame, I am wondering if it is a possibility then if the only way to get them is from crystal tower and that is why Yoshi doesnt think anyone will beat it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Dzemael was 3, 15 and 20 tomestones if I remember correctly.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Dzemael was 3, 15 and 20 tomestones if I remember correctly.
    the points to get DL or other ones? beside anyone know if doing last 2 dungeons again will reward points or its one time only

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

ah lame, I am wondering if it is a possibility then if the only way to get them is from crystal tower and that is why Yoshi doesnt think anyone will beat it.
    Ampador drops mythology, the hardmode primals drop mythology.

ah cool, thats good to know. Thanks for the info.

Garuda was funny because people have never beat Phase2 in 1.0 so many luls were had by me.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Albertclifford Slater
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Stonemaul

I feel like anything cleared before a game officially launches during a period of time in which all instances were down on and off for a good 36ish hours is anything but solid. Regardless of relic status/skill level etc, I was hoping it would take a good two or so weeks to get to the end of what we currently have available not after 3 days of shoddy service where the game was near unplayable for most of the population. I will leave my judgment for when I actually get there though since I have been mostly leveling arcanist/ have not been able to get on. At the very least the sunken temple of qarn was a good step in the right direction compared to what I was expecting. The people I was doing it with were terrible though so the difficulty was probably skewed more than it really is.
    Well there are thousands of people who were at level cap and decked out in gear the launch so I would pretty much expect alot of content to be steam rolled. Some non legacy hard core are probably just hitting 50 now without fully leveled cross class abilities to work with.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

For the dungeons that drop the tokens, there's still no lockout timer?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Now that I could've never guessed.

I'm confused about their idea of gear progression then. I figured only the Coil would drop mythology, but it looks like you could eventually get ilevel90 gear just from Amdapor and primals...?

I guess it makes sense when you consider AV/WP/etc drop ilevel55ish gear but give tokens for ilevel70 gear. Funny how we went from "tokens are used to buy items that are worse than real drops" to "tokens are used to slowly take you to the next tier".

You're forgetting that it caps at 300 per week.

New Odin
    BG Level

So the hardcore elite uber MMO playerbases consensus is that this is terribul system, dead game etc. ?

Just waiting for the inevitable response (or serious comments, w/e)

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

I don't think so because it seems like the only reason this is getting blasted so quickly is because Pre-geared legacy players. I don't even think any non-legacy are remotely close to anything yet. One of our level 50s got 3 shot by Behemoth last night. We have a hell of a lot to catch up on by which time new content will be out. I think the balance is okish for non-legacy. Also nothing wrong with a time gated catch up system for casuals IMO. It works well for WoW, why not XIV?

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Is there a loot table for the dungeons in the works anywhere?
    The three and Halatali you can see the green drops on the market, but it's kinda hard to know where the odd spots in gear progression are with the untradeable dungeon, GC, etc. gear.

I feel confident in saying that new Lv50 characters would have a very difficult time with Ifrit Hard.

It's 20/4 as far as tomestones go for beating Ifrit btw, not sure about Garuda yet. Not keen on DF'ing it up if she still has sisters with resistances as DF doesn't care AND it forces you to have two tanks.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Amdapor Keep (47-49)
    How to unlock : Got it after i've finished the main story, Gridania Grand Company NPC gave me access

Castrum Meridianum in Mor Dhona (49-50)
    How to unlock : During main story

The Praetorium in Mor Dhona (49-50)
    How to unlock : During main story

You also unlock Primal hardmode

Have to beat AV before Amdapor.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I have access, Gridania Grand Company NPC gave it to me. i haven't beat AV yet.

But You need to clear AV to get access to a quest that Nerick give and lead you to Amdapor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast