1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 23 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 0 hours, 3 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 16 hours, 56 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 17 hours, 3 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlocking dungeons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Dumb question but is babamut available in duty finder? If yes did you try to exit with the duty finder menu?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Can't access duty finder menu, can't teleport, can't return, relogging doesn't fix anything (one at a time or all at once), getting canned GM responses, etc.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post
    Can't access duty finder menu, can't teleport, can't return, relogging doesn't fix anything (one at a time or all at once), getting canned GM responses, etc.
    I don't have time for this game but I'm interested in tracking down who's close to the end. What's the coil of Bahamut and what are its 5 turns? Is the coil something that's wrapped around Bahamut with 5 kinks or bends? There's no information anywhere yet so your group is one of the few to ask.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by GC111 View Post
    I don't have time for this game but I'm interested in tracking down who's close to the end. What's the coil of Bahamut and what are its 5 turns? Is the coil something that's wrapped around Bahamut with 5 kinks or bends? There's no information anywhere yet so your group is one of the few to ask.
    The Binding Coil of Bahamut is ilvl90-content (the highest in the game so far). Presumably, it's just one part of the larger "Labyrinth of Bahamut" referred to in the past, and we'll be getting other parts in future content patches, but we don't know. The Binding Coil itrself is separated into (we believe) 5 different mini-dungeons (or 4; there are achievements for mapping I, II, III, and V). The first turn has two bosses and some trash. The second turn appears to be seven minibosses and one boss. I have no idea how it relates to the story because lol cutscenes.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Very interesting thanks!

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

For those who have done hard versions of primals, how are the drop rates on the weapons? I'm assuming it's not 100%, so the consolation prize would be the tokens, correct?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Demon Goddamn Wall :D Crazy fight!

Any tips on Amdapor last boss? We spend too much time on Wall and didn't have enough for him, but still seemed effing hard, pld was getting hit for so much and when the balls appear it's just get too crazy if you don't run fast.

Dragoon Princess
    My Little Ixion

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiyoko Star
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by Datonare View Post
    For those who have done hard versions of primals, how are the drop rates on the weapons? I'm assuming it's not 100%, so the consolation prize would be the tokens, correct?
    It's been 100% for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Demon Goddamn Wall :D Crazy fight!

Any tips on Amdapor last boss? We spend too much time on Wall and didn't have enough for him, but still seemed effing hard, pld was getting hit for so much and when the balls appear it's just get too crazy if you don't run fast.

Last boss is annoying as crap.

The tank positioning is key, the standard is to have the tank positioned near the far right statue facing in towards the room so the mobs back conal is facing the middle of the room, and the ranged/healers will stand near the statue on the near right to the entrance.

At the start is a typical tank and spank, if the positioning is correct you shouldn't have too many issues, but around 75%ish it will use catastrophe which works similarly to how garudas attacks work. you need to position a statue between you and the middle of the arena, the positioning is really finicky so you need to hug the statue as close as possible. During this charge up the boss wont attack, so just focus on getting behind your statue.

After the Catastrophe goes off and assuming your party did everything right one of the statues (i dont know which one, but it is one of the ones on the left side of the room) will turn into an add and your 2 dps need to kill it asap because it will do an AoE attack, usually on the healer. After that, resume the fight until the second catastrophe, hide behind the statues, etc.

After this, it will become tricky and the healer statue will turn into an add. DPS need to kill the add, but this is complicated by the fact that the boss will start using a pulse attack on one of the party members that aren't the tank. This is signified by a purple link line on the party member in question, this party member needs to get away from the party ASAP. After a few seconds the pulse will drop where that person was standing, so if they are standing near the party you are basically going to die. It is important that you get rid of the pulse and put it in an empty part of the room you wont be using. It will do this a couple of times then use catastrophe again. Everyone needs to hide behind the tank statue at this point to avoid it and move back into position.

The previous phase will happen again, but I think it adds another pulse to the previous phase, there should be 3 but I honestly didn't take the time to count because I have been focusing on healing every time ive done it. So keep on your toes and repeat until the next catastrophe and hide behind the tanks statue again.

After this point it is do or die, the phase repeats itself, but if you don't kill the boss before the next catastrophe its game over. I would suggest that you save your limit break for this point to make sure you have enough damage to take it down.

Something to note is that the boss will use a breath attack that will disease the tank. This is probably the most difficult part for the person healing because if you don't use esuna or leeches on it immediately you are in for a world of hurt because healing on the tank will be very minimal.

That is really all there is to the fight. It is strictly execution and knowing what you need to be doing at each point of the fight, if you miss a pulse or you dont move fast enough from catastrophe you are going to die, and more than likely your party is going to follow soon after.

I was going to do a write up on the entire dungeon because I have had to explain this like 10 times in each pug ive been in, but at this point my free company is almost completely done with the story/leveling their arcanists so I will actually have people to play with again. In the mean time i guess I can just point people here. I actually had someone in a party last night that had an entire macro to explain the boss. Blue Water I think their name was, wherever you are you are awesome.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sigmakan Kaph
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yoshi DID say that he only expects 100 people to clear the Coil by 2.1.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I guess this is as good place as any to ask. Are tapers and unmarked keystones good for anything or should be discarded?

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I feel confident in saying that new Lv50 characters would have a very difficult time with Ifrit Hard.

It's 20/4 as far as tomestones go for beating Ifrit btw, not sure about Garuda yet. Not keen on DF'ing it up if she still has sisters with resistances as DF doesn't care AND it forces you to have two tanks.
    New 50. Killed Ifrit hard in like 5 tries after catching on to the phase 3 patterns. Complete joke of a fight to be honest, but a lot of fun and a god introductory raid for sure. Not really sure if we'll go for Garuda right away or farm Ifrit weapons yet though.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Not sure if there is a time bonus (or maybe something else) but I got 10/4 for tombstones for beating Ifrit last night not 20/4.

Garuda is easier than 1.0 version. The patterns never change and if you go in knowing where she'll teleport, you won't get hit until Aerial Blast, unless it's a randon Friction.

Edit: But it's a definitely a gear check.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Albertclifford Slater
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Stonemaul

So finally did cutters cry and was fortunate enough to find out that final boss can be soloed by archer / bard if your tank or healer is bad at moving in and out.

For the last boss in Amdapor as a SCH Lustrate is amazing as it will heal through the disease for 20% of the tanks health, i found keeping up aether charges for his breathe > laser eye beams attacks made it much easier and felt much safer in that oh shit situation, it also helps if you get purple laser as it is an instant cast none GCD heal that can be used whilst using.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by ejact View Post
    So finally did cutters cry and was fortunate enough to find out that final boss can be soloed by archer / bard if your tank or healer is bad at moving in and out.
    Honestly, Chimera's AoE attack is far too tight for just a normal dungeon, for melee DPS. Unless you just stick on its ass, and don't take advantage of Flank WS bonuses, it's far too easy to get caught even slightly above the X axis, and not be able to run out of AoE. At least for me, as my instinctual GTFO direction is down, if something is centered on a boss.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Albertclifford Slater
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Stonemaul

I think you misinterpreted what I meant. Bard can literally kite the chimera around the room without taking any damage and only run in during dragon's voice and repelling shot out before getting hit.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

I have yet to find a good group that can do Ampador Keep first boss. What the hell. I feel like 90% of the players at 50 FATE grinded and don't know shit about their class.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by samalis View Post
    I have yet to find a good group that can do Ampador Keep first boss. What the hell. I feel like 90% of the players at 50 FATE grinded and don't know shit about their class.
    damn thats sad, to be honest the dungeon isnt bad at all but yea i too had hrs of time in DF...now doing with people i know i got my 300 points so waiting for reset ;3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast