1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 16 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 43 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 16 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Unlocking dungeons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Ampador keep first boss is a little irritating for me.. always seems to be more difficult than it should be. Demon wall, on the other hand, once I got a group that didn't want to kill the adds became a walk in the park. Can't believe how easy that was with a new tactic after wiping with another fail pug group like 6 time.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Man, what is the progression wise for dungeons? Am I just getting bad groups for Ampador Keep? Should I be doing some other dungeon or primals before it? We ran out of time on last boss.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ampdapor Keep is pretty hard. DPS check and you need people to know what they're doing. You can farm Ifrit or Wanderer's Palace for some gear and tokens I guess.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zettai Ryouiki
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

Seeing as how Ampdor is the best place to farm Tomes (that I've found), try this for speeding up your runs if you're running a premade with a PLD:

http://www.twitch.tv/exertim/c/2847026

Apologies ahead of time for the awful open mic that I didn't notice till after the dungeon. You can skip some of the trash packs on the 2nd or 3rd run if your tank/group hugs the walls - your tank may need to invincible during the last train if he's a relatively fresh 50. Your healer basically needs to swiftcast raise your tank after he gets to the stop point and have him raise everyone else once the mobs reset.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Goddamn button mashing lol

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Last Ampador run I did we skipped all trash.Makes it a little annoying if you fail and have to run back through but man it saved a bunch of time. If you can get a raise up on a second person with raise while you're wiping you can get back up without have to run back which is nice.

Hyperion
    Hydra:

SMN BRD WHM SCH DRG MNK PLD PLD

Two plds need to be in front constantly in order to disperse 1-3k dmg attack from Hydra. Constantly Dodge the Cone attacks and try to Reposition the Hydra away from Ice pools as needed.
    Avoid Small Radius AoEs

DDs on tail

Cannot Stun or Silence any and all tp moves from what i noticed, no spirits within or Shield bash work, nor did Silencing potions that work for mobs higher than lvl50 for testing.

DDs handle adds as both tanks maintain hate and work together to take damage and cure eachother
    Does majority same moves as chimera besides
    Has a debuf consfuse move.
    Keep away from the ice on floor from spits
    Save LB3 DD for end
    As tank brought Mega-Potions gained from quest, cures needed.

Barely survived

Also reconfirming You need to be Chief Flame Sergeant the 45k cap rank in order to unlock Amp. Keep without doing AV. You'll have a quest from NPC stating to visit Darkhold. If you completed Darkhold before, you have to complete it again when you get the quest from Grand Company NPC. After that you will gain access to A. Keep Dungeon.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Ezek View Post
    Seeing as how Ampdor is the best place to farm Tomes (that I've found), try this for speeding up your runs if you're running a premade with a PLD:

http://www.twitch.tv/exertim/c/2847026

Apologies ahead of time for the awful open mic that I didn't notice till after the dungeon. You can skip some of the trash packs on the 2nd or 3rd run if your tank/group hugs the walls - your tank may need to invincible during the last train if he's a relatively fresh 50. Your healer basically needs to swiftcast raise your tank after he gets to the stop point and have him raise everyone else once the mobs reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Last Ampador run I did we skipped all trash.Makes it a little annoying if you fail and have to run back through but man it saved a bunch of time. If you can get a raise up on a second person with raise while you're wiping you can get back up without have to run back which is nice.
    Finally got the dungeon done in a pug with this strat, thanks guys. Also got error and decided downloaded parser, but I was curious, what dps should a fresh 50 be aiming for?

Quote Originally Posted by Eanae View Post
    New 50. Killed Ifrit hard in like 5 tries after catching on to the phase 3 patterns. Complete joke of a fight to be honest, but a lot of fun and a god introductory raid for sure. Not really sure if we'll go for Garuda right away or farm Ifrit weapons yet though.
    you are so amazing

User was infracted for this post.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alkimi Asura
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Since there's no RQT yet... Anyone know the most efficient way to farm tomes (the lesser ones you can use to buy darklight with)? I have several jobs need ungimping.

I've noticed Praetorium and Castrum give 100 each but they seem to be overly long (Praetorium in particular).

Meridium, Praetorium both take about 50m and give 100

Amdapor gives 80 and takes about 50m as well but you get other tokens too.

Most of the Darklight isn't good though, so there are 1 star synths you could be getting and melding instead or saving for 2 star.

--

Not sure what a fresh 50's DPS would be, but it should still be higher than mine in Amdapor (as a tank), this is an Amdapor run from a few days ago.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

With solid DPS, Amdapor should take ~30 minutes or less if you get the demon brick and accessory chest and don't train anything, and 20 minutes or less if you do train (which may or may not be patched eventually).

Yeah, doing 22 minute runs when able to be logged in. 6 minutes waiting for debuff lol.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zane Farus
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

Most of the Darklight isn't good though, so there are 1 star synths you could be getting and melding instead or saving for 2 star.

--

Not sure what a fresh 50's DPS would be, but it should still be higher than mine in Amdapor (as a tank), this is an Amdapor run from a few days ago.

Hm okay. Going to try and do a run and see how my dps is. I feel like SMN is a bit lower, but I want to see how low if played correctly. But yeah, had a DRG in the group and he was just wrecking shit. He had Ifrit weapon, but still. His damage seemed to be up there.

SMN will definitely be lower, a lot lower, but it's also not tracking all of your DoTs yet.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Lots of room for improvement, but yeah. That's a lot of philosophy/hr.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

e.e 14min? damn

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post

--

my deeps so bad. I should really stop forgetting to use my buffs, and you know just stop sucking in general.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Had the funnies thing happen today. Was in Amdapor with DF group, was pretty decent but they had problems with Wall. Anyway, in one run both DPS die so the tank decided he will reset by jumping down. This somehow bugged the Wall, it stopped doing anything, so I (SCH) finished the last 10% by just spaming dots and ruin, lol.

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Had the funnies thing happen today. Was in Amdapor with DF group, was pretty decent but they had problems with Wall. Anyway, in one run both DPS die so the tank decided he will reset by jumping down. This somehow bugged the Wall, it stopped doing anything, so I (SCH) finished the last 10% by just spaming dots and ruin, lol.
    This is the fourth time I've heard of this happening lol