1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 32 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 18 hours, 27 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 15 hours, 32 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Unlocking dungeons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just did Cutter's. Had a good pick-up pt so it didn't seem as horrible as Churchill made it sound and seemed simpler than sunken.

More or less it just seemed like DF groups would wipe at certain points.

I've had pretty good luck (and have my own healer) with DF groups though.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, there were definitely dangerous situations.

Swiftcast + Resurrection for emergencies is awesome.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Carraway Author
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Odin

The Binding Coil of Bahamut (8-man): 50, accessible via MSQ in the Waking Sands after clearing the Navel (Hard) [Titan].

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post
    The Binding Coil of Bahamut (8-man): 50, accessible via MSQ in the Waking Sands after clearing the Navel (Hard) [Titan].
    What a tease What are your thoughts about it?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Bosses in Stone Vigil drop tomestones of philosophy. 2 and 3 for sub-bosses, 15 for last boss. Not from chest, you get them as a normal monster drop.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Split or to one person (random) like chest drops?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by Zzsark View Post
    Split or to one person (random) like chest drops?
    Everyone gets the tokens

While we're at this, Aurum Vale is 40, Wanderer's Palace is 50. Cutter's Cry gives no tokens so I guess they start at Stone Vigil. We can probably assume Darhold is 30 tokens.

tol

What are the tokens used for?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

You can exchange them in Mor Dhona for end game items and stuff.

tol

Stone Vigil: L41 Main Story Quest: In Pursuit of the Past

just for completeness sake

Quote Originally Posted by Carraway View Post
    So far we like what we've seen from the last boss of Praetorium
    Spoiler: show
    Ultima Weapon

and the new versions of Ifrit (Hard) and Garuda (Hard) are definitely solid. We believe Titan (Hard) is after Garuda.
    I feel like anything cleared before a game officially launches during a period of time in which all instances were down on and off for a good 36ish hours is anything but solid. Regardless of relic status/skill level etc, I was hoping it would take a good two or so weeks to get to the end of what we currently have available not after 3 days of shoddy service where the game was near unplayable for most of the population. I will leave my judgment for when I actually get there though since I have been mostly leveling arcanist/ have not been able to get on. At the very least the sunken temple of qarn was a good step in the right direction compared to what I was expecting. The people I was doing it with were terrible though so the difficulty was probably skewed more than it really is.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

The people that finished it are mostly those that rushed the story ignoring anything else. This will take longer for standard players, but for serious ones stuff like this always doesn't take long.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by solracht View Post
    Everyone gets the tokens

While we're at this, Aurum Vale is 40, Wanderer's Palace is 50. Cutter's Cry gives no tokens so I guess they start at Stone Vigil. We can probably assume Darhold is 30 tokens.
    Alas, I didnt' take notes, but beat Darkhold yesterday, I think it was 3+7+15, but I can't sign my name on that.
    (we were too busy trying to figure out the bosses in time to pay much attention)

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Do the items from tokens also come from drops in places?

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    The people that finished it are mostly those that rushed the story ignoring anything else. This will take longer for standard players, but for serious ones stuff like this always doesn't take long.

I know that, I guess I am just looking for a bit more satisfaction from the main quests than something that can be cleared within a few days for people who are determined to finish it. So far up to 40 I do not care about anything I have done and I feel absolutely no satisfaction from doing these quests whatsoever. Even though I am doing them at the level intended with my arcanist they have given me no challenge whatsoever, but this isn't the right thread for my gripes with how easy the story has been thus far.

On a note more related to this subject, has anyone gotten the relic reborn quest unlocked yet, and do we know the details for each step of the quest? I am wondering if we will still need Ifrit extreme even though it wont be out until 2.1.

I don't even really see the point other than looks if the Allagan weapons have ident stats.

CS after beating Garuda is tits tho, shit got real mofuckas.

I think if we have people fully decked in Bahamut's Coil stuff in the next 2-3 days then we're looking at a shitty game, until then we've beat the main story (which is a lot of rehash Echo+GC story) and stuff we've already done (sans Titan, which was also done in 1.0 but never released).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by requiemlacrimosa View Post
    I know that, I guess I am just looking for a bit more satisfaction from the main quests than something that can be cleared within a few days for people who are determined to finish it. So far up to 40 I do not care about anything I have done and I feel absolutely no satisfaction from doing these quests whatsoever. Even though I am doing them at the level intended with my arcanist they have given me no challenge whatsoever, but this isn't the right thread for my gripes with how easy the story has been thus far.

On a note more related to this subject, has anyone gotten the relic reborn quest unlocked yet, and do we know the details for each step of the quest? I am wondering if we will still need Ifrit extreme even though it wont be out until 2.1.
    need finish story missions and job quest for the job you want relic for then head to vesper bay and talk to npc who give you the dungeons quest and he will give you quest lead to rowena then grelot for relic

i had my second on ifrit X before last save and now i activate it and it tell me you need to "Obtain a chunk of hyperfused ore in the Navel (Hard)"

Quote Originally Posted by Black View Post
    need finish story missions and job quest for the job you want relic for then head to vesper bay and talk to npc who give you the dungeons quest and he will give you quest lead to rowena then grelot for relic

i had my second on ifrit X before last save and now i activate it and it tell me you need to "Obtain a chunk of hyperfused ore in the Navel (Hard)"
    Man, Yoshi wasn't kidding when he said getting a relic would be easier.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rozaria Eleanor
    FFXIV Server
    Ragnarok
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by requiemlacrimosa View Post
    Man, Yoshi wasn't kidding when he said getting a relic would be easier.
    here screens of the quest log

http://img266.imageshack.us/img266/8577/ktpf.jpg

http://img821.imageshack.us/img821/7420/0ts1.jpg

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/5462/ljtm.jpg

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/3674/f59k.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast