1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 57 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 42 of 712 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lordender View Post
    All retarded, its almost like these people have never been around launching MMO's. I can promise you D3's launch was 1500x worse than anything ARR 2.0 is going to experience in terms of login issues.

All MMO's have problems at launch. WoW had problems months after release before they got their shit stable and situated.
    Doesn't matter, this game has a shit rep so hopefully the news crushes the game and SE has to shut itself down so EA can pick the game up. They might have a better launch.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Blizzard makes the same mistakes every time when an expansion to WoW launches. Exp didn't even work post 80 when Cataclysm launched, that took several hours to fix. MoP had log in issues and problems, D3 is by far the worst launched game in terms of login issues I've ever seen since I started playing online games in 1997.
    I think many people's main problem is that the Japanese servers have been running flawlessly. You don't need an advanced degree to see that there are the same amount of Japanese servers as NA/EU combined where the NA/EU population is at least triple the Japanese.

Considering XIV's awful history, if there was one thing you could point to that they absolutely could not do under any circumstance it would be having a humiliating botched launch day. Server stability should have been the #1 concern above all else. If they need to cheap out on something, servers sure as hell aren't it. Make Yoshi fly economy class around the world and stay at Motel 6. Don't skimp on the servers.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by luxv View Post
    I think many people's main problem is that the Japanese servers have been running flawlessly. You don't need an advanced degree to see that there are the same amount of Japanese servers as NA/EU combined where the NA/EU population is at least triple the Japanese.
    Yes. Echoing for the 7-billionth time but people would be MUCH less pissed if this was affecting EVERYTHING about the game and not just, y'know, us.

And as mentioned, stakes for fumbling an expansion pack for a thriving game =/= stakes for relaunching a failed game. Is it fair to SE? Fuck no. But nobody cares.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Doesn't matter, this game has a shit rep so hopefully the news crushes the game and SE has to shut itself down so EA can pick the game up. They might have a better launch.
    lolEA

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I'm not upset or anything. It's just a bit disappointing. They'll straighten it all out, but I don't think it will do any long term damage. People who are angry that were gonna play anyway and say "NO FUCK THIS GAME" I look at like the people who say "Fuck Bleach I'm done" week after week and keep coming back

IMPERIAL CONCUBINE OF ME
    Coolest Monkey In The Jungle

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    Aug. 25, 2013 from 9:00 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. (PDT)

13.5h

They're just like us
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

how the holy hell are you all getting 13 hours out of that?

fixed it for you mouthbreathers

So hard we fuck rocks
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

TROOOLLLLL

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

We're even forgetting here that just a few days ago they couldn't even get their goddamn registration codes straight. Look at the twitter feed. They've been fake apologizing 5 times a day for the past month.

Full launch = EA?

Ridill
    BG Level

All retarded, its almost like these people have never been around launching MMO's. I can promise you D3's launch was 1500x worse than anything ARR 2.0 is going to experience in terms of login issues.

All MMO's have problems at launch. WoW had problems months after release before they got their shit stable and situated.
    Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    I'm not upset or anything. It's just a bit disappointing. They'll straighten it all out, but I don't think it will do any long term damage. People who are angry that were gonna play anyway and say "NO FUCK THIS GAME" I look at like the people who say "Fuck Bleach I'm done" week after week and keep coming back

The problem here is that there's no visible solution. They quite simply are not prepared for the load, and I see absolutely no possible way for them to fix that in the next 25 hours. I seriously doubt they're going to suddenly double the amount of servers as well as multiply capacity for the ones everybody is already on literally overnight.

Come Tuesday if it's running like this the game is just flat out fucked. Anybody that's put a serious effort into trying one of the multitude of failed mmo's over the last 10 years or so can tell you, there's very very little that can be worse for an mmo than for people with established gaming friendship networks to have all their friends say "nah not even gonna bother trying that one."

At that point it doesn't matter at all how good the game is or how fantastic its potential is (I'm looking at you, warhammer), because in the end it's friends that keep us coming back when we've experienced every boss mechanic and learned every dps rotation and felt what it's like to outgear everything.

Also, somebody should make a Ridill thread for people that want to actually play the game this weekend. (week... month?... nah they'll lose 90% of the people congesting everything when this lasts all week)

I'm on there as Plow Plowin.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

The lv1-5 gathering log for botanist says water/fire shards are in lv30 limsa zone? That certainly seems like a place for a lv1-5 to gather from...

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I still can't find the level 15 botany leves. I think they forgot to add them.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I still can't find the level 15 botany leves. I think they forgot to add them.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117...uest-Locations

Already listed.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Purrrfect View Post
    The lv1-5 gathering log for botanist says water/fire shards are in lv30 limsa zone? That certainly seems like a place for a lv1-5 to gather from...
    Shards are split between Botany and Mining, though there may be some cross over at much higher levels. They actually share logs, so if you gather shards on Mining, they count towards Botany too; at least in Beta, they did.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    Hmm I tried that already but they leve guy was red for me at 15. Maybe I missed something...I'll try that again if I ever get to play again.

Good thread though, bookmarking.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Hmm I tried that already but they leve guy was red for me at 15. Maybe I missed something...I'll try that again if I ever get to play again.

Good thread though, bookmarking.
    Did you unlock lv 15 battle leve?

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Did you unlock lv 15 battle leve?
    Oh you have to do that first? Maybe that is it.

Edit: come to think of it, yeah. Thanks!

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Did anyone else notice on gathering (was botanist at the time) that the locations displayed on the minimap have a small range window where if you look toward them they don't show but if your turn your character around 180* they show. Pretty much if its not in your field of vision and about halfway out from the center it shows, but not if you look at it.

Closed Thread
Page 42 of 712 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 ... LastLast