1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 18 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 5 hours, 9 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 11 hours, 50 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 22 hours, 9 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 10 of 217 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Did my first two level 10 guildhest last night. Pretty fun and interesting. Though the speech bubbles that kept popping up between waves got annoying. That and not having Provoke yet was kind of awkward for tanking. Thank god I got my throw shield skill now.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I guess you mean guildhest.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    I guess you mean guildhest.
    Yup. And fixed.

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Did my first two level 10 guildhest last night. Pretty fun and interesting. Though the speech bubbles that kept popping up between waves got annoying. That and not having Provoke yet was kind of awkward for tanking. Thank god I got my throw shield skill now.
    Provoke isn't what it was in XI. It simply puts you at the top of the enmity list and you need to do another action to keep yourself there. I'm unsure where you would liked to have applied it, but it's really better for a single large enemy versus small adds/waves.

BG Level

Mostly I wanted it as a way to pull the mobs towards me instead of having to run straight into them. I know it sounds odd but normally it's how I roll.

I got my 15 quest done so that problem is fixed. I also had Flash set to CTRL + 2 and learned quickly how awkward it felt trying to do that after not playing XI in 3+ years...

Elvaan Death Machine
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Pharaun Methelys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I just noticed that Minfilia has Louisoix's staff framed and hung on the wall behind her desk. That's a nice touch.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Pharaun View Post
    I just noticed that Minfilia has Louisoix's staff framed and hung on the wall behind her desk. That's a nice touch.
    For dense people like me, this fact does eventually get brought up in quest dialogue.

The whole Mor Dhona section of main questline is pretty stellar. Haven't hit 49 yet on SCH/SMN but looking forward to seeing how this ends.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

With out spoilers, how complete is the story as if now? Ya'll people making it seem like the story is done already.

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    With out spoilers, how complete is the story as if now? Ya'll people making it seem like the story is done already.
    major tease at the end and post credit setting up new story and there is plenty of unresolved shit going on

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    Don't get me wrong, having a great time with game. However, it's really clear to me how few people have played eq2 recently. Many features are directly ripped or ripped and improved from that game. In other words 100% quest loot is not new.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

TIL that if you /sit near a bench or chair, you sit on it.

Or at least some of them, I only did it once and was blown away for some reason.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Deadgye View Post
    What does that even mean? If you are trying to make some point I missed it.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Wow so main scenario is done already? That's awesome, I hated ffxis system of story telling.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wow so main scenario is done already? That's awesome, I hated ffxis system of story telling.
    Well, yes and no. It's just one Arc that's finished. More stuff will come in future continuing the unfinished branches of story.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Well I'm at the slyph stuff, about how many more story related dungeons are there?

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Well I'm at the slyph stuff, about how many more story related dungeons are there?
    It goes to 50. What's the last dungeon you did? Toto-Rak? There's ~3 more mandatory dungeons, 4+ more optional, and 4 duty boss fights mixed in there. And an assload of quests on the way to them.

Edit: I'm at last dungeon and just counted completed main quests: 182. Sylph stuff is in the mid 40s of that count. Granted a lot of these are just "talk to this dude, lead you to this place" and that's not including the dozens of sidequests at each location.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

"Unable to update JP group list"

We are currently experiencing technical difficulties wherein players on the Japanese data center Worlds are unable to log into on FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn. The issue is being addressed, and new updates will follow as additional information becomes available.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

[Date & Time]
    From Sep. 1, 2013 4:20 a.m. (PDT)

[Details]
    - Disconnected from certain instances.

[Affected Worlds]
    The Japanese data center worlds

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Settings and UI carry over from character to character now!? When did this happen?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I'm loving the gameplay although it's still a little confusing since I've played several MMOs in the past 3 years. Many of the mechanics are quite similar to GW2, but in that game you can double-tap to dodge out of danger. I instinctively did that here, nothing happened, and I ate an AoE to the face. Ouch! Other mechanics are similar to LOTRO, and I keep trying to whistle up my pony but it never arrives.

Old FFXI habits also keep rearing their head at unexpected times. I got Protect, hit my old XI macro key to cast it, and quaffed an Ether instead. Oh well.

Overall, having a wonderful time. I'm also getting an appreciation of Japanese game designers' obsession with the female form. Some of the most lovely female videogame models I've seen, ever. Not trashy or lascivious, just flat-out gorgeous.

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I got to play today

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 217 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 60 ... LastLast