1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 20 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 3 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 13 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 20 hours, 41 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 159 of 217 FirstFirst ... 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 ... LastLast
    Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

was never made out to be that hard like some streamers made it seem to be (eg. mr happy)

maybe being over exaggerating is the way to get viewers i guess

i still think titan ex was the hardest when released, ravana ex even have partitions for you to lean onto >.>

random praise: cleared it within 30 mins in a PF party.... got dagger. end of 3.0 Thanks to some streamers who streamed the fights for me to memorise the WS orders

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sean Kipling
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr

Quote Originally Posted by Veyron View Post
    Oh hey there, guess who's playing
    I have most of the SA guys here

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    was never made out to be that hard like some streamers made it seem to be (eg. mr happy)

maybe being over exaggerating is the way to get viewers i guess

i still think titan ex was the hardest when released, ravana ex even have partitions for you to lean onto >.>

random praise: cleared it within 30 mins in a PF party.... got dagger. end of 3.0 Thanks to some streamers who streamed the fights for me to memorise the WS orders
    It's not that hard, I just like that it has the knock off and some instant death if you fuck up mechanics.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Uryuu View Post

It's not that hard, I just like that it has the knock off and some instant death if you fuck up mechanics.
    Was never a fan of "Game over" moves, but it does make for a punishing mishap.

Praise: The solo "Dungeon" like missions and battlefields are really nice... I'm enjoying them. All of them, I'm happy (at least for now) that they seem to have added a bit more meat to the early story missions.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Veyron Snow
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I have most of the SA guys here .
    I miss you goons, I'm on Lamia with a bunch of RL friends otherwise I'd hop over. Hope everyones doing well.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Just need Ravana now (guess I need to do Bismarck too)

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

There's a nice little touch in the solo story instances where at the start of the fight you and your NPC party members stand in a row opposite the enemies. There's one where your party consists of 4 characters total and the 2 melee are standing in the front row while the 2 casters are standing a bit further behind. Nice throwback to older FFs.

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

The fight is insanely fun. Easily my new favorite primal because the mechanics are fun and it incorporates the Titan-EX knock off level of unforgiving. Sloppy first kill but we ended up killing it a total of 10 times after.
    I agree. The fight is adding much more complexity to the primal tier which has always been kept relatively simple. It gives me hope for Alexander.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

complexity? no

it is no different than titan ex, or shiva extreme when they first came out. you can even kill it before he do his 2nd loop. and knock off isnt even consider a thing for him since he only does what, 2 moves that knock people over? also there are partitions >.>

a heavily scripted fight. and to further amplify uryuu's statement. it is FUN only

nothing alarming tho cos its just a primal, but yea, looking forward to alex

Nikkei's Hoe
    Worse than her at uno

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Eanae Hikari
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal

Quote Originally Posted by Arthars View Post
    complexity? no

it is no different than titan ex, or shiva extreme when they first came out. you can even kill it before he do his 2nd loop. and knock off isnt even consider a thing for him since he only does what, 2 moves that knock people over? also there are partitions >.>

a heavily scripted fight. and to further amplify uryuu's statement. it is FUN only

nothing alarming tho cos its just a primal, but yea, looking forward to alex
    Didn't say it was complex I said more complex. Even Shiva was essentially the same two phases over and over but Ravana has something like 7 unique phases? It's a lot to take in compared to the older primals. In comparison Bismarck is much closer to the old design. It gives me a bit of hope because primal design has always been fairly simple compared to the raid design and if they're willing to add in so many unique mechanics to a primal it gives me hope we won't get boring repeat fests of raid bosses.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

My friend actually changed his name to "Bard Mage". Amazing.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Dat entrance to Azys Lla not to mention the music, has an almost Mass Effect sound to it imo.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Story hit all the right notes, cliche or not. Eagerly looking forward to 3.1 and beyond.

Music is great. I'm not as into Ravana as most it seems but Bismarck (both phases), Library, Research Facility, Fractal Continuum, dragon/griffin flight music (not that I turn it on), and the generic HW boss music are all great.

PLD's improvements, few as they were, are enough to make me not get bored of it. That Fractal has one of the music tracks I like most makes me not mind spamming it.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The music when using the Manacutter is really really soothing... it makes for a great ambiance when flying through the zones.

Edit: Really far north in the Churning Mists is a Black ship with a purple glow... it looks really creepy and its flying right @ the cloudline in the far north of the map (off where you can't fly). For the first time I've found something in a FFXIV map that makes me happy that I paid attention to the scenery.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

After completing the MSQ I just want to say they did a pretty good job with the storyline. The voice acting quality is also worth mentioning, top notch. Kudos to Yoshi and to Square. The grind pinch to 60 is nowhere as noticeable as I've experienced in other mmos, that is to say that I took my time and played over the course of a week. I felt engaged even though at some points I felt like I was playing PowerRangers Online. Very solid start to an expansion

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Spoiler for image, not real spoiler.

Spoiler: show

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Arthars Menethil
    FFXIV Server
    Chocobo
    FFXI Server
    Odin

dont do it fatty... that cake is a lie...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

DRK 50 quest (really, the whole line in retrospect) is fantastic.

The fucking music man.

First of all Hinterlands is my shit. Day theme, night theme I could listen to it forever. Has a Majora's Mask type feel to it, super nostalgic. Forelands music as well as Sea of Clouds also invoke a super strong sense of nostalgia, I think it's those organs doing it. Forelands is just chill at night and adventurous during the day, it's perfect. Great Library's jazz theme is...incredible. I dunno if people think it's inappropriate or whatever (and maybe it is) but just listening to it makes me wanna jam. Love it so much.

Then there's battle music, with the obvious Dragonsong themed remixes, instrumentals and such. The last boss fight of the Vault for example, the final boss theme, Ravana and Bismarck's music. I mean holy shit Soken did a fantastic job. This really feels like the CoP of FFXIV lol...even though it should be RoTZ but fuck it, we're skipping to the good shit.

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    DRK 50 quest (really, the whole line in retrospect) is fantastic.
    Pretty much this. I know a few FC mates who are gonna level DRK so I didn't want to spoil it for them, but another friend had no intentions so I had to just gush about it. Good fucking job, SE. Bravo.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

I just love this Xpac, that's all. There are absolutely flaws (some big ones, too!), but in the grand scheme of things, they don't matter (or won't once the new tier of content comes out). The scenery, the throwbacks, the graphical enhancements, the stupidly outrageously good soundtrack, the storyline, the fights, the screenshot potential, the flying implementation (handled so goddamn well).

Major, major props to Yoshi-P and all involved. This is the greatest expansion I've played in a MMO thus far.