1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 41 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 18 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 41 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 17 of 217 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast
    Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I thought the MSQ was the best storyline in any MMO I've ever played when you combine with the events from 1.0. Lion getting waxed in RotZ did bring back a certain sense of "OMG AERIS DIES?!?" nostalgia though.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I have already noticed a lot of town rmt spammers put random numbers and letters at the end of each message, so it's not the same. Test that and see if it works.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat View Post
    I have already noticed a lot of town rmt spammers put random numbers and letters at the end of each message, so it's not the same. Test that and see if it works.
    Does it block the same message though or just shout spam in general?

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dead Gye
    FFXIV Server
    Lamia
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Are you sure that hasn't been there the entire time? I could swear I remember getting that message before when trying to shout back to back really fast.

Spoiler: show

Vuitton

XIV needs more comedy relief in the storyline. XI had the S.O.Bs, Shantotto (as herself but also as Lady Karababa), Ovjang and King of Hearts, and the Chebukki siblings, for example.

Failed Sex Ed
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wulfgang View Post
    I thought the MSQ was the best storyline in any MMO I've ever played when you combine with the events from 1.0. Lion getting waxed in RotZ did bring back a certain sense of "OMG AERIS DIES?!?" nostalgia though.
    Somehow I played that game for six years and never knew Lion died... spammed enter on every cutscene.

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
    Somehow I played that game for six years and never knew Lion died... spammed enter on every cutscene.
    She sacrificed herself in the final cutscene after the last boss battle in RotZ. Most people (at the time, at least) didn't finish RotZ so probably wouldn't have known. At the time most people stopped at Sky access or after they completed the 18 man fight against the crystal warriors, as there was no purpose in continuing on the story from that point. CoP changed this attitude by rewarding the rings after killing Promathia.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lythandies Demeris
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Wyrmrest Accord

Quote Originally Posted by shaddix View Post
    As lion falls, another picks up the discarded sports bra, stained pink by blood. "You will live on, in our questionable fashion choices"

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Neera Hana
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Social Lists > Party Members > Click on someone > click on up/down arrows left of "Leave".
    Reorders party member order.

I like that this is a thing.
    Woah! Didn't know this.
    Makes me incredibly happy as a healer. Tanks will be position #2 (& #3) permanently from now on.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Does it block the same message though or just shout spam in general?
    It's supposed to block the same message being repeated. Gilsellers on Excal at least quickly adapted to just putting some random letters at the end of each shout so its not the "same" shout and thus won't get blocked.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

So glad player collision isn't a thing. That was so fucking annoying in 11.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

The fact that my XP gains from crafting are based on quality and not actual HQ'd results.

Gathering it makes sense, I either HQ or I don't.

I'm genuinely surprised crafting isn't lazily the same XP gains as gathering (100% for an NQ, 400% for an HQ). The fact that it is a sliding scale based on the amount of quality you poured into the synth deserves real kudos.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Output of <pos> substitution is clickable and opens the map with a tiny flag.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by fussel View Post
    Output of <pos> substitution is clickable and opens the map with a tiny flag.
    I HAD NO IDEA

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

That just gave me a boner.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I thought I was going to have to wait for the item level check for DF in 2.1 for delicious tears. Then they nerfed speed runs so I get all the delicious tears now. Funny part to me is if speed runs had never been possible in the first place no one would have been bitching about this dumb shit.

For me, the greatest thing they accomplished in regards of the story is how nicely it blends and branches - as the main storyline defines a new piece of lore, that same lore is then used in some environment, or in minor quests.

That is something I really enjoy in an MMO, because it makes your character part of a much detailed world, not just someone on a rail that goes from "initial cutscene" to "final boss".

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

First that map thing is fucking amazing, and I wish I had known that!
    As much as I am unsure about the % for gathering or not, I absolutely love being able to pick and choose what I get as opposed to going to a spot and praying I get what I need. Mining ALL THE IRON ORE!

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dathus View Post
    THAT'S A THING?! Oh my God, easy mode healing targeting ftw. Every time I find a reason to rage, I feel better about myself when coming to this thread.
    /ac "cure or whatever" <mo> place your mouse over whoever you want cured on your party list and you never have to worry about clicking or targeting or anything.

As someone who went on a mission doing every single quest in every single city in FFXI (completed most of bastok, windurst, sandy, jeuno, and was working on aht urghan when I left FFXI) I can testify that the quests at launch had mostly shitty storytelling, and were indeed, the dreaded fetch quests. Flint stones, bat wings, and crawler calculi galore! Not even much storyline to it. In fact, as far as fetch quests go, FFXIV's quest stories are malms ahead of FFXI's launch fetch quests. Even the normal quests that came from NA launch or before were pretty obvious, simply because their story was simple and fairly bland. I could actually tell which quests were from late zilart, simply because they started to get more interesting. Same with CoP, a lot of the quests from that expansion REALLY picked up the pace. Others would say it was the pinnacle of storytelling in that game, but personally I found it to get even better with ToAU quests and WotG.

The thing about stories involving a realm is that they get better with time, not worse. As more lore is added, the stories become deeper, more embellished, and engage the listener more. (an example I would give would be the Forgotten Realms novels, where one mans campaign setting blew up into a huge collection of stories from different authors, among other things, expanding on the lore to eventually encompass thousands of years of said realm.) I personally have no worries that the story, normal quests included, will get better from here, especially since the dev team is no longer suffering from such intense time constraints. quite frankly im shocked they pulled off as much lore as they did in such a short time. I'm sure that pretty soon we'll start seeing FFXIVs equivalent of quests like the CoP storyline, "three men and a closet", WotG storyline, "Babban Ny Mheillia", The SoB questline, and soforth. We already know Hildibrand is coming back soon.

Closed Thread
Page 17 of 217 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast