1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 45 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 14 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 45 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 199 of 217 FirstFirst ... 149 189 197 198 199 200 201 209 ... LastLast

In the CS after Pipingate, you get extra dialog lines if you complete the trial on a healing job. Pretty sure that's the first time the game actually recognizes you as a healer in main story CS.

Spoiler: show
    Krile calls you out with "Don't just stand there gawking! You're a healer aren't you?" your character nods then joins in the healfest.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shuichi Shadowstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Somehow I was lucky and got past Raublock late Friday night. Stopped after I got to the Ruby Sea until Xalien catches up. Leveling SAM it's pretty cool (still wish it was a tank tho).

I love the scene where you face off against Zenos, AND YOU FUCKING LOSE! The warrior of light defeated.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tanaya Makers
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post
    Somehow I was lucky and got past Raublock late Friday night. Stopped after I got to the Ruby Sea until Xalien catches up. Leveling SAM it's pretty cool (still wish it was a tank tho).

I love the scene where you face off against Zenos, AND YOU FUCKING LOSE! The warrior of light defeated.
    It's about time someone finally put the WoL in their place.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The next fight with him is even better.

Black Guy from Predator.
    Uppity Negro
    Secret Admin

The Immortal Bill Duke

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shuichi View Post

the shit blew my mind. i blew up rocl's inbox about that haha

Bardam's Mettle is probably the most fun I've had healing in a long, long time...it's a shame that'll probably never be the case again once people get geared.

That trial boss in there is really nifty :3

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

The effort really shows in this expansion tbh. However many small complaints or balance complaints I might have, they are small time compared to the good stuff, at least for now.

Kugane is beautiful. The new zones are so ridiculously expansive. Not only do they feel bigger than HW zones, we're also working with an extra dimension: not only sky and land but also underwater, all of it needed to be developed. Granted there isn't a ton of stuff underwater yet but it's still beautiful and peaceful :D And there are so. many. frickin. quests. I swear there are more than HW started with.

I haven't run into a zone theme song that's on the level of HW's Dravinian Forelands yet though :<

Did the second dungeon and Susano last night, both were super fun. The past few dungeons in HW's recent patches were so uninspired I'm happy. Hopefully the same goes for the rest of the dungeons.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Susano was intense and fun but the first two dungeons? I'm surprised people are praising them so much. Nothing really to them, short and simple mechanics.

I've been pacing myself slowly, waiting for the instance blocks to get resolved (and got past both last eve) and just enjoying the zones. I find the zone design to be very beautiful. The detail work is so well done, and the areas feel comfortable to me in a way the HW ones never did. Perhaps it's the color pallet. But for whatever reason they are better to me.

The design team did a very good job here, and deserve some praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Susano was intense and fun but the first two dungeons? I'm surprised people are praising them so much. Nothing really to them, short and simple mechanics.
    Last boss for the 61 dungeon introduces something new in a fun way, but it's mostly presentation. There's a lot more moving parts, atmospheric changes, and models that either hadn't been seen before or previously had only shown up as PotD enemies.

It's kinda goofy from a storyline perspective, though.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    No one is praising the actual fights, just the physical design of them. Bosses and scrub mobs are the same as usual, but the dungeon zones are fantastically designed

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Boss two of the level 65 dungeon was pretty cool, at least.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Silenka View Post
    I haven't run into a zone theme song that's on the level of HW's Dravinian Forelands yet though :<
    The victory fanfare when you complete a quest is the best music I've come across so far

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by nyttyn View Post
    Boss two of the level 65 dungeon was pretty cool, at least.
    Just did that, cool indeed.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vaspinne View Post
    The victory fanfare when you complete a quest is the best music I've come across so far
    That's how I feel too

I thought the final story dungeon was the best in the game by far, not just SB. Can anyone confirm the first boss is a reference to what I think it is?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Yes. It is.

Also that last trial holy fuck. Somehow its even more glorious than Thordan.

DirectX error glorious fuck i might have to get a new graphics card or something gdi.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

chicken knife so god damn cute and yet oddly majestic at the same time

I will hand it to whomever designed that particular piece of gear, it is worthy of an in-game CE item.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

If you ordered a physical copy, do you have to wait until it arrives to get your code for those items?