1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 10 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 13 hours, 21 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 3 hours, 38 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 6 hours, 21 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 50 of 217 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
    Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

Quote Originally Posted by Akiyama View Post
    Ugh. I hate how easy ranged classes have it in this game + seemingly every other game out there whee they can basically avoid most mechanics in challenging fights. They have it so much easier (in most fights) than a tank or a melee DPS, and considering a melee doesn't have the HP/defense as a tank.. they get fucked the hardest. :<

DRG: "OH GOD DODGE OH GOD HIT IT OH GOD DONT GET HIT"
    BRD: "did the fight start? o it did? o it's over? o,ok"

Oh well, though. What can ya do. I guess just avoid playing melee DPS in most hard fights, RIP

Capped myth and got warrior to 31 from duty roulette, so that's neat. at this rate i'll be 50 in like a month. woo.
    This is like every mmo in existence now. Part of the reason I rolled Bard in FFXIV was I was sick of dealing with encounter mechanics as a Melee.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Forgot to turn off requiem after killing final node in T2. Aggro'd ADS as we made our way down -- everyone losing their goddamn minds in Raidcall at what just happened was hilarious. I never bothered telling them it was me; kinda surprised at how many people don't realize requiem pulls aggro.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    Forgot to turn off requiem after killing final node in T2. Aggro'd ADS as we made our way down -- everyone losing their goddamn minds in Raidcall at what just happened was hilarious. I never bothered telling them it was me; kinda surprised at how many people don't realize requiem pulls aggro.

Your secret is safe with us.

Final Fantasy XI Music Devotee

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vianne Nys
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Managed to beat Ifrit Ex on a single DF run after having a pug disband before it managed to get the win (after having killed all needles twice, wiping on the first time because people derping on plumes after that and then because one of the tanks disconnected).

Also, I admire the effort they put into the seasonal decorations, and today I've found this sort of unexpected "easter egg":

Spoiler: show

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Random Praise: So I finally beat the main story mode, after having to stop playing due to school, and now I have no clue what to do. So glad the last 2 dungeons were really easy. Sucked that I had to skip all the cut scenes though.

Random Question: Anyone mind pointing me in some sort of direction? On Whm if that helps. Do I work on relic/gear upgrades? And if so, in what specific order? So many questions lol.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

http://intothemists.com/ffxiv/chart_for_end_game/

A little outdated now; Castrum Meridianum and Praetorium are hardly ever farmed for philosophy anymore except main scenario roulette, Wanderer's Palace and Amdapor Keep are both considered "easy" dungeons now, and Haukke Hard, Copperbell Hard, and Pharos Sirius are about where Amdapor used to be (mildly challenging).

As a WHM I'd check out this topic in Advanced. Recommended order to spend your mythology if memory serves, is: Relic+1 (900 myth), Cleric pants, then idk.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Thank Seravi. I was doing some dungeons and cleared WP without any issues then froze on Anantoboga(sp) after making it through the rest of the dungeon without any problems. :/
    I'll have to figure out how to unlock the hard version of things, but ill probably wait till I can gear myself up a little better.

Without noticing, I racked up enough philosophy tomes to purchase an accessory and will probably purchase the darklight choker of healing since I'm currently using like a level 15 piece. So much to improve and no time to do it lol.

Quite honestly, i'd rather shot myself in the balls than do AK or WP again.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Yeah I wouldn't advocate spamming any of these anymore. High + Main Roulette is good enough.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Nevermore View Post
    Thank Seravi. I was doing some dungeons and cleared WP without any issues then froze on Anantoboga(sp) after making it through the rest of the dungeon without any problems. :/
    I'll have to figure out how to unlock the hard version of things, but ill probably wait till I can gear myself up a little better.

Without noticing, I racked up enough philosophy tomes to purchase an accessory and will probably purchase the darklight choker of healing since I'm currently using like a level 15 piece. So much to improve and no time to do it lol.
    To unlock hard modes the quests is in the bar in Mor Dhona

RNGesus
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Did a in progress high roulette. Got 3/4 which meant it was pharos but I wasn't paying attention and accepted it. I guess all but 1 person had left and we ended up with competent people. Killed siren in 3 minutes. Greatest 90 myth ever.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ellatrix Reatori
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Join Garuda farm party. Ask them to queue into Titan or Ifrit to show that it is actually a farm party. Get kicked.

This is praise because:
    1) They saved me the trouble of wiping repeatedly
    2) They made me laugh

WASTE OF CURRENCY
    I CAN'T I CAN'T I CAN'T

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Izzy Izumi
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by Dammerung View Post
    Join Garuda farm party. Ask them to queue into Titan or Ifrit to show that it is actually a farm party. Get kicked.

This is praise because:
    1) They saved me the trouble of wiping repeatedly
    2) They made me laugh
    Is saying it's a farm party when it's actually not really a thing?

That's so desperate hahaha.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

Can confirm. Between Garuda and Ultima I joined like 4 or 5 "farm parties" that failed to win even once today.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

finally decided to clear the ultima fight once (since all the gear from it is worthless to me I never want to do it again!)

Was actually pretty fun and semi crazy. I enjoyed it. Wiped twice due to the other tank saying that they would handle tank LB and screwing it up twice wasn't fun.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Useally when i read farm i read "Carry Me"

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Was it clear to everyone but me that the once a day bonus for using Duty Finder Roulette was for each of the options? Did high level for the mythology bonus and then low level to kill time and exp my PLD. I was surprised to get a 120k+ exp bonus.

Though if the low level one sticks me in Sastasha again, I think I will scream.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Illsathe View Post
    Was it clear to everyone but me that the once a day bonus for using Duty Finder Roulette was for each of the options? Did high level for the mythology bonus and then low level to kill time and exp my PLD. I was surprised to get a 120k+ exp bonus.

Though if the low level one sticks me in Sastasha again, I think I will scream.
    Yeah, they specifically said each type gets its separate bonus.

RNGesus

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lenette Valkyr
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

lol yes there was never any question about that >.>

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez