1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 12 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 11 hours, 48 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 5 hours, 11 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 4 hours, 48 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 217 of 217 FirstFirst ... 167 207 215 216 217

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I really like these Triple Triad open tournaments. If I happen to have a down moment during the window it’s open I find myself running back to Gold Saucer to register.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

RDM being able to carry bad PUGs. Nothing more satisfying than peeling healers who can't dodge mechanics off the ground.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Randomly praising this:

Makes me wish we could compose sheet music in-game with like a Mario Paint UI. Manually playing anything is ass and 100% bots were used for that.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

You have probably already all seen this, but it is hilarious xD

BG Level

That clutch LB3... glorious.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Still wondering what people find interesting into seeing someone play a video game with their face in a Picture in Picture down the screen and see their reaction

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    Still wondering what people find interesting into seeing someone play a video game with their face in a Picture in Picture down the screen and see their reaction
    I can't speak for anyone else, on a general basis I never got it either.
    I have watched a couple of his streams because he is a high profile WoW streamer coming to XIV, so it piqued my curiosity to see what someone coming from that realm with a high profile and from what I could understand was years of XIV bashing would make of actually playing the game.
    I find him amusing, even though I suspect the more immature aspects of his streaming persona might get tiring rather quickly. He is definitively an entertainer though and from what I can make out, he knows full well what he is doing. I don't think I'll bother following through on HW/SB, but I might tune back in for some summaries when he gets to ShB.

(and, to be honest, after SC300, I am having a hard time with the MS100 motivation...!)

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Ratatapa View Post
    You're an old man, just accept it and start picking yourself out a coffin

I can get it from the "It'd be more fun to be playing, myself!" perspective. On the other hand, it's not far removed from just sitting on a homie's couch and watching them play something while roasting them when they fuck up or helping out if something gets too tough. Obviously, some folks are more charismatic than others when it comes to viewability. The "asshole gamer" schtick personally isn't an interest of mine, myself, since it's bad enough playing with those personalities or even interacting with them elsewhere. The viability of streaming as a socialization substitute because of the Covid times is otherwise real, and shouldn't be dismissed if some folks actually prefer it over in-person interaction.

Sometimes I think people overestimate the influence of streamers, or social media in general, especially fans of said streamers. Right now, I find it more likely the free trial has brought in more heads and has culminated in the congestion issues than a couple dudes trolling (or complaining about being trolled) with an already niche audience.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Background noise while playing or doing whatever else. His second channel is much better, imo. He drops the persona and just chills.

BG Level

VTuber or GTFO

Ze NinjaSYXX
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nitsuki Syxx
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    VTuber or GTFO
    Asmon has a lot of facial expressions (eyebrows) and personality to be a vtuber, but i don’t think a lot of people want him to be that, i wouldn’t, he’s fun to watch either way. In regards to vtubers, i know a few of them play and some are actually really good afaik, i think 2 of them have TEA clears which speaks volumes to their dedication.

BG Level

Started to replay though Shadowbringers again in NG+ and completely forgot how well the beginning is executed. I know they mention early the world is on the brink of oblivion before you even leave The Crystarium but they drive the point home flawlessly in Alphinaud/Alisaie's branches to show just how grim The First has became.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Love these fate vouchers. Have been making millions as I level my jobs.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I really enjoy this Halloween event and the limited seasonal duty was a fun surprise, kinda hope that is something they continue in the future

BG Level

Agreed. These seasonal dungeons are fun.