1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 3 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 20 hours, 8 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 20 hours, 51 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 13 hours, 8 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 8 of 217 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://www.dualshockers.com/2013/08/...expected-soon/

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Shatters Records with 187,000 Concurrent Connections; 200,000 Expected Soon

Square Enix just suspended digital download sales of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in order to avoid further congestion of the servers due to unexpectedly heavy traffic while they prepare to launch new servers, but just how heavy is that traffic?

The publisher just sent in a press release giving some numbers for us to crunch on. After launch concurrent connections have reached a record number of 187,000 (the previous record for a game operated by a Japanese company was 150,000 during the open beta of A Realm Reborn), and Square Enix expects that the numbers will grow further and will reach 200,000 in the near future.

The suspension of digital sales is of course just a temporary solution while more servers are deployed, and the development team expects to be able to improve server capacity significantly. Square Enix expects to complete the operation by the beginning of next week, when digital sales will resume. The exact date will be announced at a later time.

so if FFXIV has 187k concurrent connections, i wonder around how many people are playing ARR atm... lol

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

The sunken temple of quarn was fun but really hard as pug

Stone vigil is boring...

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Titan. Everything about the fight. The music. It's awesome. Also a little terrifying to be trapped by that rock cage move.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Broz Bastrum
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Really do have to love the npc flavor text, just entered The Golden Bazaar and dude by the campfire came out with something like 'Beware of those two, they gave me crotch rot!' with 2 female npcs just north of him :D

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Did the Behemoth fate

sweet jesus, I was entranced

not sure if anyone else uses a titan, but mother of god these graphics just blow my mind

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Everyone should level CUL to 20 if for no other reason than to do the Rank 20 quest.

I'd find it even more hilarious if it gave some kind of labeled reward like a frypan named "Everybody Cooks".

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Slycer Ilerion
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Square Enix just suspended digital download sales of Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn in order to avoid further congestion of the servers due to unexpectedly heavy traffic while they prepare to launch new servers, but just how heavy is that traffic?
    I'm happy they're way past their expected capacity, but still, that's gotta REALLY hurt to make that decision to stop digital download sales when people are really excited about getting their hands on the game. Hopefully things are back on track early next week with the expected increased server capacity.

On amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-...a+realm+reborn

"A message from Square Enix regarding Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn Digital Downloads
    "Due to the overwhelmingly positive response to FINAL FANTASY XIV: A Realm Reborn, we are currently experiencing extremely long wait times for users to be able to log in and play. We are working to expand our server capacity in the coming days. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this causes." Customers looking to place an order for the PC version may still purchase the physical copy. "

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Detozi Deis
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I was able to play yesterday and crafting is fun.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by brozy View Post
    Really do have to love the npc flavor text, just entered The Golden Bazaar and dude by the campfire came out with something like 'Beware of those two, they gave me crotch rot!' with 2 female npcs just north of him :D
    quest in Camp Drybone starts out "Such and such looks like a woman that could use some meat!"

>.>

i lol'd

Vuitton

Quote Originally Posted by Psion View Post
    so if FFXIV has 187k concurrent connections, i wonder around how many people are playing ARR atm... lol
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/72156

Currently there are 1,041,961 characters on the servers. (Not at the same time.) Between the 25th and the 26th, the game added 142,640 new characters. NA players compromise about ~63% of the entire population.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Vuitton View Post
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/72156

Currently there are 1,041,961 characters on the servers. (Not at the same time.) Between the 25th and the 26th, the game added 142,640 new characters. NA players compromise about ~63% of the entire population.
    NA alone almost double JP population. Or I guess to be more legalistic, the ones who flag themselves as English almost double the JP players

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Midnightjade Eleven
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Is there a random question thread for new players? I have a bunch of noob questions. Prz ty!

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightjade View Post
    Is there a random question thread for new players? I have a bunch of noob questions. Prz ty!
    I believe they are actually encouraging a thread for each question. Not kidding.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Audrey Weaver
    FFXIV Server
    Behemoth
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Kuishen View Post
    or line myself up for an Overpower or Flash only to get it pushed out of the way by that stupid knockback.
    god, I fucking hate that move. Not only do CNJs not run to me when they get hate, now I have to do laps around the zone just to flash the damn mob

BG's #1 Hatsune Miku fan!
    BG Level

This may sound strange putting this in the praise thread but..

I've decided to wait to get the game untill the server congestion issues are resolved. I have faith they will get it fixed. So I'm just going to be patient even though it's frustrating.

I'm still shopping around for a SSD drive anyway for PS3 that is cheap but decent.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Don't wanna get too off topic, but I thought ps3 ssd wasn't that big an improvement, like single digit not even close to double digit improvement.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Purrrfect Lee
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Salodin View Post
    Don't wanna get too off topic, but I thought ps3 ssd wasn't that big an improvement, like single digit not even close to double digit improvement.
    That sounds like what I heard as well. But this is the first mmo for the ps3, right? Who knows what will happen, but it certainly won't go slower lol.

edit: Forgot to put my new praise in. Gigi the mammet helping Serendipity at the GSM guild. Automaton with attitude!
    Spoiler: show

But wait, it gets better!
    Spoiler: show

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

fucking rofl that's awesome.

New Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sparthia Abysseant
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

God, I'm loving the flavor text for these missions and NPCs in the world so far.

My character has been called a bitch and a whoreson and propositioned by a prostitute all in the same night XD Then follow that up with all the puns surrounding quest names, the rampant swearing, references to all sorts of illicit behavior, the constant throwbacks to Final Fantasy and the different dialects.

SE sure this game is for 13 year olds? The marked improvement in setting mood and characterizing NPCs is duely noted by my refined sensibilities. Now if only the voice acting wasn't subpar and sporadic...

Closed Thread
Page 8 of 217 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast