1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 36 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 6 days, 14 hours, 23 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in -5 hours, -24 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 208 of 217 FirstFirst ... 158 198 206 207 208 209 210 ... LastLast
    Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Fuck the darkness mechanic from the 3rd boss. First time ppl thought you stood on it and I only realized you had to click on it halfway through.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Fiye View Post
    Fuck the darkness mechanic from the 3rd boss. First time ppl thought you stood on it and I only realized you had to click on it halfway through.
    I must admit, I totally did this my first time and we all died. At least I wasn't the only one. It definitely looks like something you just have to stand on, but SE was trolling apparently.

I don't get the chicken mechanic, but other than that after understanding it it's not too bad

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    I don't get the chicken mechanic, but other than that after understanding it it's not too bad
    Iirc, Blue swords above head: Do what the boss says. Purple swords: Do opposite of what it says.

Oh okay I just always followed what the boss said lol

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I will say I love some of the gimmick debuffs in Rabastre (notably the movement confusion), but it's also the kind of shit I hope stays the fuck away from Savage content.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syaoran Li
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Iirc, Blue swords above head: Do what the boss says. Purple swords: Do opposite of what it says.
    I think it hints at it with the color of the mask shown on screen as well?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    Pretty boring honestly, but it's kind of hilarious seeing people fail mechanics they've seen the past 4 years unless they're absolutely new to the game lol. For example, the bringer of balance (my name for him) does what the Weeping City final boss does..just with a different animation. (Cuts the arena in half where 1 side is the no no spot.) Some of the "new" mechanics were interesting though.
    I'm probably biased here, I admit, but going through Rabanastre and then deeper down to Tactics Ivalice, the bosses and the music really made this raid for me. Wish they had done more in the Waterways.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Scythiroth View Post
    I think it hints at it with the color of the mask shown on screen as well?
    yep:
    demon face: do the opposite
    god/goat face: do what it says

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    I'm probably biased here, I admit, but going through Rabanastre and then deeper down to Tactics Ivalice, the bosses and the music really made this raid for me. Wish they had done more in the Waterways.
    Was expecting to fight Chuculain in there, on balance maybe 3 Espers would have been too much. I can't say enough how pleased I am with how Mateus and Hashmal are done though, I think Hashmal is like my 3rd favourite fight in the game because of how little he fucks around.

Hyperion Cross
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kai Bond
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh

4.1 MSQ was great, besides the little tour bit.

I really look forward to the coming patches of story.
    Spoiler: show
    And I really can't imagine what the hell is Gosestu up to, and why that JP lady seemed to be suffering from.... amnesia? lol. She's definitlely not her usual self. I get why they are laying low, given that he's dragging what is a traitor around but ... I can't predict the motive/what's going to happen

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

how long is it? I want to start M'naago ASAP

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Took me 3 hours.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

The steel cyclone buffs are on point, fun as fuck to use on huge dungeon pulls

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

so I never bothered with surecast before because as RDM it's not all that necessary but, omg surecast on shinryu ex is just so fun. I feel like I'm cheating AND I LOVE IT

everyone else scrambles like mad, mages be like "LOL plebs"

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Surecast wasn't good pre-patch on mages, especially DPS as you needed to stop casting or it'd wear off :/ Now it's so much better.
    Add SMN to the good list of this patch, so much better and fun now. Loving it!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by Alkar View Post
    Surecast wasn't good pre-patch on mages, especially DPS as you needed to stop casting or it'd wear off :/ Now it's so much better.
    Add SMN to the good list of this patch, so much better and fun now. Loving it!
    Yeah largely only used it to cheese tilts and such that isn't forced (e.g doesn't work on sephirot knockbacks.)

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

well that probably explains why I never used it pre-patch. that and, as mentioned, RDM is pretty damn mobile.

also,

tfw your retainer starts bringing back 1m+ gil at a time (in goods)

WHY DID I WAIT SO LONG TO LEVEL THEM?

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Ah yeah quick venture is amazing. Usually right after they adjust the loot table you'll make millions in the first month or so and then as more people start getting those items the price drops drastically until you can't make dirt off most of it anymore. We're still in that golden period though where my retainers are bringing me rare shit like Compact grade 6 aetherial wheel stand (~600k) and other expensive furniture they quite obviously looted from some poor sap's house.

Got another odder otter yesterday too so that was another handy 1.8m \o/

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

ahhh is that why? makes sense. plus he brought back a housing item, and we all know how well those are selling right now.

me, I pimped out my house with rando NPC crap. ain't nobody got 15m to impress yo' ass with a cherry tree (well, some people do).