1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 31 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 28 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 31 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 206 of 217 FirstFirst ... 156 196 204 205 206 207 208 216 ... LastLast
    Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

It's definitely bizarre that AST has objectively stronger shields, but isn't the meta SCH/AST anyway?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There's really no meta yet until Savage but I wouldn't rule WHM out just yet. AST is surely in though, it's way too useful.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

WHM brings the best Mp economy now and is unparalleled in aoe healing more or less. WHM is plenty valid vs SCH just for different reasons. For progression we will see plenty. For farm we might see more SCH.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Totally ignorant in the matter, just thought someone mentioned that the speed community was still using SCH

Never noticed how imbalanced the shield potency was though, how odd

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I think i droped someoen of the cliff by useing Rescue on AST during Diamond Storm in Shinryu fight. I just wanted to see what happens ._.

Also rescue wont work on Tanks that have Tempered Will on

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Damane View Post
    I just wanted to see what happens ._.
    Shenanigans happen :D

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

To break up the monotony of PotD I'm going up solo from floor 1 on MCH. It's fun and don't need to stress for bosses because sustain potion is OP. i like this design letting you ease into a job

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    To break up the monotony of PotD I'm going up solo from floor 1 on MCH. It's fun and don't need to stress for bosses because sustain potion is OP. i like this design letting you ease into a job
    Doing a solo run on RDM is how I'm learning the job, and it's working a lot better than just starting straight from 50.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

got all my fox tokens the hard way, one by one, never saw fox lady either

WORTH

the tamamo headband may be the ultimate best glamour item of all-time. <3

edit: ixion pops, I get kicked off server, relog just in time and still manage to grab a horn. w00t

at work can't check but how much do creation accessories cost?

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

last night we held an ARR s-rank for over 5 minutes, to accommodate all the people who were still on their way

I almost wept, it was so beautiful

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

My 5th overall all lala party(I changed back a few days ago) and first one this year.. and we melted Antitower in 10 minutes. They were vvergeared to the max of course(I'm only i259), but never in all my years tanking have things died...so fast. On the two big pulls with the chests and fire sprites, all died within seconds after popping rampart, wtf x_x. I wish I can have a group like that all the time. Might I also add, the healer was a SCH.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

O1S and O2S rained loot upon me. Got all 4 loot drops.

Hoping my luck carries with O3S.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

got deepcroft today in leveling. normally it's meh, fast dungeon but boring and the mobs don't give you any real XP.

but this time... oh, this time.

tank pulls wall to wall, ACTUALLY POSITIONS THE MOBS so we can AoE them easily (!!!), healer is on point, DPS is AoEing, I'm throwing out tactician and refresh to keep it flowing, we burn through.

I did not know that deepcroft could actually be fun with a well-tuned party. it makes me regret my decision to skip savage; if I could reliably find eight people on this level I think I'd do it.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If you keep pugging eventually you'll find a group of people to tag with. Either that or advertise yourself on the party finder.

You should be rolling through O1S and O2S pretty soon.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    got deepcroft today in leveling. normally it's meh, fast dungeon but boring and the mobs don't give you any real XP.

but this time... oh, this time.

tank pulls wall to wall, ACTUALLY POSITIONS THE MOBS so we can AoE them easily (!!!), healer is on point, DPS is AoEing, I'm throwing out tactician and refresh to keep it flowing, we burn through.

I did not know that deepcroft could actually be fun with a well-tuned party. it makes me regret my decision to skip savage; if I could reliably find eight people on this level I think I'd do it.
    A lot of it relies on actually having people with AoE capabilities at that level range, which half the jobs don't there.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

oh I've done o1s. started o2s, promptly decided it wasn't worth the headache. it's mostly just that I don't have the patience to deal with PUGs until I find the right group, and anyway, school next week - I'll have my hands full as is.

for example, last night, joined a weekly 2-chest group, DRG dies multiple times and gets pissy once we call him out and proceeds to pull the boss multiple times as quickly as he can so we can't leave and kick him. and that's just o1s for starters, which is not complicated at all.

that stuff happens, but it seeems far more common in savage. people just can't hang with the difficulty level. I'll probably try again as gear improves. I did get the belt drop last night and now I understand why people run this hellhole...

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

You could report the DRG for harassment at that point.

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Claire Farron
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

God damnit, wrong thread sorry guys. I'll leave my post here but feel free to ignore it.

Being the complaint thread I feel like I can complain or rant here. I'm sure everyone has heard this before and if you don't want to read it again just skip this post.

I resubbed for the expansion. Leveled AST to 70 which was slow. Leveled RDM to 70 which was slower because of the queues and at that point the lack of people to make Fates good xp while waiting on queues. I really like the changes they made to all the jobs, if I actually had something to do for endgame I would've leveled the rest of my jobs to 70 too. It was fun at first but I can't spend another 20-40 hours grinding dungeons, pvp and fates. I cleared Omega Normal and tried for 1-2 weeks to stay caught up with tomes and drops, which by the way did not happen at all. I had this concern from the beginning, it's the second expansion with the same systems with a fresh coat of paint. I cannot justify continuing to subscribe when all I do is login, run around town waiting on queues to pop to gear up for pretty much nothing.

I'm not interested in doing Savage content because I don't have a static and to this day the game still penalizes you for having someone in your party that has already cleared the runs for the week. I also don't think that endgame should be confined to playing a complex version of jump rope with 7 other people. The raids should be more than just 1 room with 1 boss with absolutely no journey or puzzles or theorycrafting. I mean at this point what's the difference between a Primal battle and an Omega floor?

I don't understand the point of having a free company, if you have more than 8 people in the FC the extra people are basically fucked unless they fend for themselves and start their own static. To me there's very little meaningful content outside of the 8-man and 24-man raids, I don't care for maps, aquapolis and whatever the new one was. I liked Palace of the Dead for floors 1-100, I did not attempt to make it to the final floor. Again my issue is that the content is so braindead and handholding that it ruins any sort of challenge that it could provide. Why don't we have floor objectives? Why don't we have HNMs/NMs that randomly pop on each floor? Why do we even have a minimap in POTD?

I feel like the game is reduced down to the very basics so much in the content it provides that I feel like i'm playing an MMO designed for elementary or middle school kids. People keep asking for harder content and Yoshi-P seems to take this as meaning we want more elaborate battles, more mechanics to juggle, tighter DPS or healing checks. This is all trash to me, I'd rather have less elaborate bosses and more exploration and problem solving. As an XI player I felt we were cheated with the Diadem, they gave up and gave us another zone just to basically do fucking FATES of all things. I have never heard anyone suggest that the game could use more FATE based content. This also makes me worry about Eureka, I feel like it's going to be the same shit with a fresh coat of paint. Return to Ivalice sounds interested but i'm already making the assumption that it's yet again more of the same. It's going to be the same thing as the Crystal Tower and World of Darkness but with an Ivalice theme.

I have such a love-hate relationship with XIV and it kills me because I really want to love it. I'll keep checking on updates and interviews but unless Yoshi decides to start taking risks and stop giving us the same content every update I think my sub will stay cancelled.