1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 21 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 2 hours, 13 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 14 hours, 46 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 19 hours, 13 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 191 of 217 FirstFirst ... 141 181 189 190 191 192 193 201 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

So they've really beefed up potions this patch. Started levelling a new alt to mess around and for alc desynth and they're pretty crazy, not just for low level, but now even a max-potion hq is 30% hp max 2400 hp on a 1m7s cooldown. That makes it better than a non-crit second wind. Definitely something for jobs light on self-healing **coughcoughMCH** to consider keeping around, as well as tanks since their potency gained from stat pots got halfed as well.

And saw the Dusken Draught, the limsa GC item for 2850 seals, 50% hp max 1000, and only a 30 second cooldown. Considering delaying your next stat pot by 30 seconds would in a lot of cases not change how many you could use in a fight or make a detriment to when you'd want to use em, might be something to consider as well.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Alistaire View Post
    And saw the Dusken Draught, the limsa GC item for 2850 seals, 50% hp max 1000, and only a 30 second cooldown. Considering delaying your next stat pot by 30 seconds would in a lot of cases not change how many you could use in a fight or make a detriment to when you'd want to use em, might be something to consider as well.
    I'll admit I never played DPS hardcore (only tank/heal) but are your stat pots not basically-always on CD? Because you wouldn't be able to use these if that timer is still ticking.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Well, if a fight is something like 8 minute long you're only ever gonna get to use 2 stat pots. If you pop one in your opener you have multiple minutes in the middle where you don't have to quickly pop a pot and can use a healing potion instead. Would delay your second one but assuming you'll still be able to pop it and have it line up with CDs you're not losing anything.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

It wouldn't even be a thing you'd use all that regularly but in an ohshit moment delaying your next stat pot by 1 minute is better than being dead for a minute. Even better than having your healer pop a cd on you if you still end up the same # of stat pots for the fight. And they've never addressed the complaints that MCH has no ability to self-heal, native or crossclass. Only job that doesn't.

Really it's the same logic as vit melds; there comes a point where surviving is more important. And it's just that this update, combined with past ones, really improved the use of hp pots of all kinds.

And the lowest level "potions" and "hi-potions" you get for like 10g off the market board are now on a 25 second delay; they've really made a difference for me in fates and random shit.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Good job on the crafting system in this game. You actually craft! In WoW you just select "Make All" and go off and do something else. Not much interaction involved.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Yelta Sumasu
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Yeah crafting is an actual thing you do, not just click "craft it". They also have a quick synth option that does let you just auto craft a bunch of items which is nice for those lower level mats you need a lot of to craft other things.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

As nice as auto craft is, it still feels painfully slow.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    As nice as auto craft is, it still feels painfully slow.
    ^^

Slower than WoW now that I think about it. Not to mention, I think the QuickSynth seems to use Basic Synthesis by default. If it normally takes only one Synth to make an item you're fine. More than one you start botching them. I've had as many as half my attempts fail because of this.

At least with WoW it's always a 100% success rate. Sometimes I find it better just to do it manually.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sometimes lol the only way youre going to reasonably level is crafting hq yourself and collectibles when you get there

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Fondue View Post
    Sometimes lol the only way youre going to reasonably level is crafting hq yourself and collectibles when you get there
    Not if you're aware of what nq items sell for a profit.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Came back for free login and I must say the "deep dungeon" holds promise. Did 41-50 with 4 DPS and we got dicked over with a "no item" rule on floor 43. Good times!

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by darkepyon View Post
    Came back for free login and I must say the "deep dungeon" holds promise. Did 41-50 with 4 DPS and we got dicked over with a "no item" rule on floor 43. Good times!
    4 dps are some of the better runs tbh. As long as you don't facepull into the middle of rooms and get blown up/spawn lure traps you fight 1 mob at a time and they melt pretty fast. The no item floors suck a bit since they include potions but at least on the no item floors if you have the temp item to remove floor enchantments it lets you use that.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Needs more screencaps. But pretty good regardless.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I really, really, really, really, really, really hope they continue to make armor with capes, it looks fucking amazing.
    Spoiler: show

Now to get the tank body...

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Holy fuck @ the 210 relic stage nerf. Actually kinda glad nobody's gonna be asking me to make the crafted items for relic anymore.

tl;dr:

only need 10x unidentified item + 4x NQ crafted item for each of the 4 items now
    massive cuts in cost no matter which way you get them
    all unidentified can be bought either poetics or eso now
    crafted item nq's available for 5k grand company seals LOLOLOLOL... feel bad for anyone that was in the middle of trying to sell sets of those

full link: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodest...275bb2bbd2382d

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Wow did they literally just release this info out? I thought this shit has been known but I guess not. Random great patch is random and great.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    Wow did they literally just release this info out? I thought this shit has been known but I guess not. Random great patch is random and great.
    We've known for maybe a week about this patch, not a big patch of course but some good changes.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Recast Time Reset Upon Wipe
    When challenging raids and trials, timers will now be reset upon the party being wiped out. However, if we find instances of this being abused in any way to take advantage of a battle, then we may disable this feature.
    Good fucking riddance. Only took them three years.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Good fucking riddance. Only took them three years.

Groups with PLDs rejoice everywhere!