1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 7 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 16 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 0 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 6 days, 9 hours, 19 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 198 of 217 FirstFirst ... 148 188 196 197 198 199 200 208 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Destinye View Post
    I just can't help but wonder if it was shorter because of people complaining about the "long" Cutscenes from ARR > HW.
    I think it's more about phoning it in because they're working on the expansion stuff like Zhurvan kinda corroborates that.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

finally getting around to some of the HW ex fights, and... to whoever designed Sephirot Ex: GOOD FUCKING JOB

definitely one of my favorites so far. the first half is ok, but the second half is an intricate dance of mechanics that is just a joy to play through. I thought Ravana Ex was fun but this is a whole other level.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuri-G View Post
    finally getting around to some of the HW ex fights, and... to whoever designed Sephirot Ex: GOOD FUCKING JOB

definitely one of my favorites so far. the first half is ok, but the second half is an intricate dance of mechanics that is just a joy to play through. I thought Ravana Ex was fun but this is a whole other level.
    Sophia EX is probably my favorite encounter in the entire game. They did a really good job with the first couple Warring Triad fights.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Thordan EX here. Just so much shit going on in it and it has the presentation to back it up. Did wish SepEX had more variations to his mechanics, as one knock-around pattern kinda defeated the difficulty of that.

Zurvan EX feels like it was phoned in by an intern in comparison to the rest of 3.0.

with current gear, I find myself enjoying Sephirot EX the most.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

I like Sophia Ex most simply because while you can overpower the shit out of her, you still have to be on your toes if your group is good enough to skip quite a few early phases.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Sophia eh? I'll check that one out next. I want to have some fun with it before we're all overgeared. I'll probably form a learning party tonight.

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

ok, that was fun. it's like levi ex on crack lol.

I think my favorite battles so far are turning out to be battles that introduce mechanics separately, then weave them all together. e.g. Sephirot EX's triple knockback + green orb combo, or Sophia's weaving in proximity meteors with equilibrium and the daughters and all that. so much fun once you get the hang of what you're doing. that or battles like Ravana which are just a straight-up choreographed dance; that's fun too.

Bismarck is probably my least favorite EX this time around. Meh. Just nothing that exciting about him, although from a story standpoint it's cool how they executed it.

Impossiblu
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Prothescar Centursa
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Spoiler: show

HQ Twist of Fate is glorious

Anyone math out if RDM will be a viable dps or is it going to be behind the others? Wondering if I should level it. . .

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I've been fooling around on both RDM and SAM and both seem kinda fun but I can't decide if I want to level one of those two, my bard or a tank. Shits tough!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    Anyone math out if RDM will be a viable dps or is it going to be behind the others? Wondering if I should level it. . .
    Apparently it will be behind the others, from what people says when it comes to AoE. I have only tested it in lv50 content at iLv120 so I can't say.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

The game has been deleted. Time to sleep.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee View Post
    I've been fooling around on both RDM and SAM and both seem kinda fun but I can't decide if I want to level one of those two, my bard or a tank. Shits tough!
    This was posted to reddit just before servers went up, should help decide:

http://wheeldecide.com/index.php?c1=...irst%3F&time=5

BG Staff
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Inner release fell cleave spam is amazing to do holy shit

Quote Originally Posted by FHT View Post
    Apparently it will be behind the others, from what people says when it comes to AoE. I have only tested it in lv50 content at iLv120 so I can't say.

So only on the AOE front then?

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by LinktheDeme View Post
    So only on the AOE front then?
    I did the latest lv50 dungeons with it, and we even did a lv50 run of the ARR primal EX for fun with friends where we all did SAM/RDM as only DPS with single tank/healer synched and Nael Synched using mix of iLv 120/130 gears.
    It was fun, especially in Titan EX when we gathered behind him to stack the plumes and my back jump threw me off the plateform... XD.

my only issue with it at this time is how Scatter is weak potency wise, but again im only level 51, I just can't wait to be lv60 and to start SB MSQ with it.

I did 2 POTD run lv60+ to try and get an idea of the Lv50-60 ability range, but my POTD weapon is very low and is just +25 so stuff like vertcure only heal me for 900.

There is an ability which double your white/black mana gauge and its CD is fairly short in my opinion, allowing you to use your enhanced melee ability often enough, even if I think either the amount of white/black mana gained per casts should be increased, or the said CD recast to be shortened down a little.

I have not had the possibility to use the rest sadly as I am working and the game servers are bad atm, but if you ask my honest opinion I like it very much. It will be a good change from DRK.

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Praise be to the first dungeon. The fights and bosses were pretty standard fare, but the atmosphere and the actual dungeon design itself was awesome.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

^^^^^

The dialogue in stormblood is awesome

The Fucking Voice of Actually
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cantih Hacos
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    Blog Entries

Kugane and Shirogane are just fucking gorgeous. And all these little nooks and crannies.
    Like the city in FFXIII-2, it's a phenomenally done zone.