1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 8 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 15 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 1 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 8 hours, 30 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 217 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast
    You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

I was doing my botanist class quest earlier, and I have to say I love the gathering change. It may hurt my wallet by making it easier to get certain items, but it is making my inventory so happy to not have tons of random crap I can't bear to npc.

Servers are up. Ending time was changed to 4:40 PDT

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Ksandra View Post
    I was doing my botanist class quest earlier, and I have to say I love the gathering change. It may hurt my wallet by making it easier to get certain items, but it is making my inventory so happy to not have tons of random crap I can't bear to npc.
    Yeah, it's really fucking nice. First game I've played that I don't absolutely hate gathering.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

I sat down to craft a few shit. Ended up spending four hours on it. How the fuck is something this trivial so fun?

Dragoon Enthusiast
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dathus Tomar
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I'll agree, the way they have crafting is actually fairly fun compared to XI. I was expecting something more along WoW's lines, but this is pretty awesome! I could see myself getting cap crafts on one or two fairly readily since it's more involved than select Crystal, choose items, wait 10 seconds, confirm box, wait another 10-20 seconds, repeat.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rehn Valor
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I was expecting the "quick synthesis" to require me to hit ok per synth (or something, not fully automated) but it looks like I was wrong. Though it still takes time to get it all done, being able to grind out 40 circle of leather while I go go make a sandwich is pretty nice.

Cake Mix
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cakey Yama
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by fren. View Post
    I sat down to craft a few shit. Ended up spending four hours on it. How the fuck is something this trivial so fun?
    did you play FFXIV 1.0? If so.. the crafting there....egghhhhhhh lol. Props to this game for not making that shit boring as all fuck.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Churchill View Post
    I would like to praise this game for being the only game in the world that you pay money to play and still wait in a queue to do anything.
    there's this game you might have heard of called WoW...

game has worked pretty much perfect for me so far aside from taking like 45 minutes to get in at the start, and my schedule this weekend has pretty much had me not trying to play during the maintenances anyway, so that's worked out

having not touched 1.0 or any betas or anything, and getting first impression, graphically it looks great, the ps3 interface is an absolute mess but what really matters is combat and it seems pretty solid so far

I'm impressed that they had me working on figuring out an actual dps rotation by level 8, as an archer with a dot and 2 single target instants that both buff each other.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Rehn View Post
    I was expecting the "quick synthesis" to require me to hit ok per synth (or something, not fully automated) but it looks like I was wrong. Though it still takes time to get it all done, being able to grind out 40 circle of leather while I go go make a sandwich is pretty nice.
    I call it 'quick fap synth'.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Maint over 2 hours early.

Yarglebargle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Plow View Post
    there's this game you might have heard of called WoW...

game has worked pretty much perfect for me so far aside from taking like 45 minutes to get in at the start, and my schedule this weekend has pretty much had me not trying to play during the maintenances anyway, so that's worked out

having not touched 1.0 or any betas or anything, and getting first impression, graphically it looks great, the ps3 interface is an absolute mess but what really matters is combat and it seems pretty solid so far

I'm impressed that they had me working on figuring out an actual dps rotation by level 8, as an archer with a dot and 2 single target instants that both buff each other.
    Quotes a post complaining about queues.

Proceeds to say game has worked perfectly, aside from waiting in a 45 min queue.

Like, do you read your posts before you hit enter?

Contributing to the thread:

Having a specific stat to work towards and knowing exact %'s with regard to HQ rates in crafting/gathering is fantastic.

The Real Cookiemonster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Dark Depravity
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

in the interest of fairness: I can't believe how much better the Ifrit fight was lagwise. Got out of eruptions and the likes with nothing even resembling a problem compared to 1.x.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

No problems so far, o.o

XI was, and will always be, better.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    The Patriarch
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I was able to play today. Huge success

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Got one duty finder dungeon run in.

Piece of shit Bruins fan

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Beat Daisukenojo
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Maaglin View Post
    Got one duty finder dungeon run in.
    And hundreds of people trying to do a simple story quest hate you for it.

I'd be a happy clam if I could just finish the story quests to get out of Limsa and then go back to more fun shit.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Was doing the second duty mission and maint got me right as the boss was dying.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

As a reminder, this is for people to freely praise the game without bitching/complaining (as is the random complaint thread is for freely bitching without whiteknights).

Be warned you may end up with warnings/infractions, if you bring complaining or bitch at other people's praising in this thread.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

I had a unexpectedly really great time playing Alchemist last night! You couldn't make me craft in XI, but the way it is now, I definitely will be having fun leveling it. :D

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Arcanist is really fun currently 29 can't wait to try SMN and SCH

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 217 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 52 ... LastLast