1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 4 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 19 hours, 30 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 21 hours, 29 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 12 hours, 30 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 180 of 217 FirstFirst ... 130 170 178 179 180 181 182 190 ... LastLast
    Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

Whoever made this comic.

http://i.imgur.com/TNTMfqQ.png

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

I think that LiveLetter kicked some life into my server, maybe restored some hope and some subs, I guess. There were more people on in the last two days than I've seen in the last three weeks.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnus View Post
    Whoever made this comic.

Yep I love it!

And yes the Behemoth has been very busy the last week. The was a queue to log in on Sunday haven't seen that since early HW.

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Whoever made this comic.

That needed to be made.

I bothered to visit the OF based on some links here, and I am so sad that I did. The amount of vitriol and self-righteousness in the FINALLY TANKS ARE BEING FORCED TO GEAR THE WAY THEY WERE MEANT TO BE is astonishing. The majority of it was from players who claimed to be tanks, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Raineer View Post
    That needed to be made.

I bothered to visit the OF based on some links here, and I am so sad that I did. The amount of vitriol and self-righteousness in the FINALLY TANKS ARE BEING FORCED TO GEAR THE WAY THEY WERE MEANT TO BE is astonishing. The majority of it was from players who claimed to be tanks, too.
    I saw a post from some drk that wanted a trade-in system for slaying accessories. Guy isn't even in eso slaying. He is wearing prototype. Just do a1n more. If its the upgrade item just do hunts for logs and cap eso on patch day

Ninja Ninja
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Noemi Rondain
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

A1N accessories are really easy to get now. Nobody gives a shit about anything but the clear token at this point.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I started storing vit gear since they announced that there're gonna be changes, just in case. Glad I did, no need to stress myself now.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by 3.141592 View Post
    I started storing vit gear since they announced that there're gonna be changes, just in case. Glad I did, no need to stress myself now.
    Every rational person who wanted to play tanks in 3.2 should've been doing this lol

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

A1N accessories are really easy to get now. Nobody gives a shit about anything but the clear token at this point.
    That's what I was figuring, but then it took me about 25 runs of A1N a weekend or two ago to get 4 Bolts.

Motherfucking
    NOSTRADAMUS

Vamos los Perds!

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Wulfgang Amadeus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Haven't played XIV in a year+ but still remember my Tempered Will macro (CTRL+7); one of my favorite abilities. Occasionally had some clutch saves with it on things like Ravana where I borked positioning, but generally I used it to maximize 123 laziness (e.g. Xande's knockback).

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hioki Mitone
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Destromath

Quote Originally Posted by 3.141592 View Post
    I lotted the ones from when we first started alex savage and threw them onto retainers. The change might be pretty nice since I don't have to put any extra work into this if vit really becomes main stat. :3

I don't think they'll be nixing str or reducing it's effectiveness completely that vit is the only way to go. Yes, vit will gain a modifier on all attacks BUT I have a feeling they'll make a more dramatic change. You'll need the vit to reduce/control incoming damage not just as a health buffer to survive one shot mechanics. The second paragraph posted through Q&A seems like a very passive statement as if "You won't be wrong by wearing full VIT just safer in your poor decision" instead of "VIT is King". I still see str the better option if your looking to push damage but Vit will now be better weighted for tanks. Maybe I'm reading into it too much.

We will be changing the method for calculating the potency of physical attacks for tank roles in Patch 3.2. We’ll be making it so vitality affects the potency of physical attacks, and as a result the effect of strength on physical attack potency will be reduced.

From Patch 3.2 onwards, you’ll be safe using only vitality accessories as well as allocating everything to vitality as a tank. For everyone who is currently using strength accessories on their tanks, the damage will be lowered, so please prepare your vitality accessories ahead of time.

In regards to tanks, we’ll be looking at each of the three jobs’ defense traits and making overall adjustments to their values. Amongst the adjustments, paladin will be receiving large adjustments. Not only in terms of their offensive-aspects, but overall adjustments as well.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Quote Originally Posted by Hioki View Post
    I lotted the ones from when we first started alex savage and threw them onto retainers. The change might be pretty nice since I don't have to put any extra work into this if vit really becomes main stat. :3

I don't think they'll be nixing str or reducing it's effectiveness completely that vit is the only way to go. Yes, vit will gain a modifier on all attacks BUT I have a feeling they'll make a more dramatic change. You'll need the vit to reduce/control incoming damage not just as a health buffer to survive one shot mechanics. The second paragraph posted through Q&A seems like a very passive statement as if "You won't be wrong by wearing full VIT just safer in your poor decision" instead of "VIT is King". I still see str the better option if your looking to push damage but Vit will now be better weighted for tanks. Maybe I'm reading into it too much.
    I'm not so sure. It sounds to me like they are indeed saying that VIT will be a direct damage modifier, and that stacking more of it will do more for you than stacking STR. I don't believe they ever intended tanks to stack STR. I think it surprised them and they don't want to create content based on a tank missing whats now amounting to over 300 points of VIT (all accesories, bonuses).

We're getting higher and higher stats on equip now. I think they want to assume where a tanks hp is going to be future raids. Somewhere along the line a tank will have ungodly amounts of STR, however missing 10-15k hp if they continue current trends.

Thats my thoughts anyway.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Valentine's Fortunes vary based on partners. Did it with a friend who had already done it, while when the first time she did it the duo got all good fortunes.

However... when I did it with her: my fortunes told me I'd get rich, we'd never be more than friends, and great things wait for me in the Sea of Clouds.
    Her fortunes told her she'd lose all her money, I might be secretly plotting to kill her, and don't go to the Sea of Clouds.

We wear wine red on Wednesdays

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Marius Krieg
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

What the hell kind of event is this

Physicist
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raineer Severus
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Rocl View Post
    Valentine's Fortunes vary based on partners. Did it with a friend who had already done it, while when the first time she did it the duo got all good fortunes.

However... when I did it with her: my fortunes told me I'd get rich, we'd never be more than friends, and great things wait for me in the Sea of Clouds.
    Her fortunes told her she'd lose all her money, I might be secretly plotting to kill her, and don't go to the Sea of Clouds.
    I did the event with my wife (both IRL and in-game)

We got told:
    - You're going to be rich
    - You're going to be rich
    - You're going to make lots of babies

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

The new Titan minion is pretty cute. A lot cuter than Ifrit.

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/lds/b...20160216_9.png

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Lujei View Post
    The new Titan minion is pretty cute. A lot cuter than Ifrit.

http://img.finalfantasyxiv.com/lds/b...20160216_9.png
    hnnnnnnnnnngggggggggggggg

But I don't want my title changed
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fievel Mousekewitz
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Remit One (1) Custom Title
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Qeomash Pandemonium
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Asura

That must be why they left the duty finder progress window so broken recently.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Valar Morghulis
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Hearts went from like 200g to 450,000g just like that. Sure am glad I crammed retainers, alts, alt retainers etc to the brim with that shit when the Ifrit minion came out.