1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 1 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 22 hours, 57 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 18 hours, 2 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 15 hours, 57 minutes
Closed Thread
Page 196 of 217 FirstFirst ... 146 186 194 195 196 197 198 206 ... LastLast
    A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sir Taint
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    A7S is the most boring and annoying fight of all for me lol, fuck that fight. Love A6S and A8S though, love the robots in general.
    I really liked A7S as a MT, positioning, CD rotation, it was a fun fight to tank.

A8S I disliked the adds phase. It was cool the first time, but after that it was meh. The rest of the fight was well done.

A9S is too easy, but the fight is a good first fight, not as good as A5S though.

A10S is one of my favorites and I still haven't mastered it. Again its tuned too low but the mechanics and theme I enjoy right up to the telegraphed mechanics.

A11S is a T12 wannabe, I don't like it beyond the early challenge.

A12S is well done, its not nearly as challenging as A8S. The last phase is pretty cool, but its tuned so low not many groups even see it now.

I definitely agree about A12S... For my group's first clears A11S was much more of a DPS check. I wish 11 could give one of its phase skips to 12 and make groups do 3 rounds of voids lol

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

Did Sophia normal last night... omg snoregasm. Lots of people dying (myself twice, I can man up and own that) and we still won on the first clear. Such a letdown after Sephirot! Hopefully EX will be more fun.

I also did Sor Khai however, which kinda made up for it. Jumping all around on Hraesvelgr was fun, but the true joy in Sor Khai is playing a game of "Punt the Moogle!" hehe

I am discovering over time that I truly enjoy unique content even if it's a bit easier. Glasya Labolas back when you used to actually do the bouncy castle mechanics. Punting snowballed bunnies at the Yeti. Sliding and dodging dives in Levi EX. The more content strays from "dodge the AoEs," the more fun I tend to have.

Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Pro Tip: If you run Sophia EX as a DRG, you can ignore the tilt mechanics completely if you use jumps to stay on her while everyone has to scramble.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

(Hint: Don't do it when she disappears.

Granted you can do Elusive Jump to avoid it.

Also post a montage of you doing it on reddit for free points.)

Queen of the Pity Party
    BG Level

hey I only have time to play one loljob, and it's lolBRD for me

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kharlan Lynare
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Valefor
    WoW Realm
    Kirin Tor

Quote Originally Posted by octopus View Post
    A7S is the most boring and annoying fight of all for me lol, fuck that fight. Love A6S and A8S though, love the robots in general.
    This, although I didn't mind A7S during prog, only started hating it during reclears.

The game's raid design peaked with Midas, best tier XIV has done by far and the only thing that was missing was an arena/background change to go along with Gavel in A8S. The mechanical overloads in A6S/A8S made them fun to learn and kept you engaged during reclears, I enjoyed them even more than A3S.

If Creator is any indication it's all downhill from here, although on a personal level I appreciated the lower difficulty because I was going through RL stuff so my group didn't raid much.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Hopefully they make a push to have three raid tiers so everyone has content they can enjoy and clear.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

But the the question becomes what the loot structure is? If tier 3 is just cosmetic rewards, a lot of people aren't going to bother. And with the current setup of gear, Tier 2 seriously risks stepping on Tomestone gear's toes, unless Tier 3 is such a jump above it starts seriously outclassing tomestone gear, and at that point there's gonna be a mountain of complaints from the userbase at large. And if it isn't that large, why bother having a third tier at all if most people will go "eh, we're on tier 2, this is fine?"

These are issues WoW has had for expansions ever since they decided to adopt a three tier system, and what inevitably happens is if tier 3 gear is good enough, players get poached from guilds doing tier 2 and entire guilds fall apart from drama on top of people complaining thanks to their gear being ultra-outclassed by tier 3 stuff. If tier 3 stuff is just cosmetics, nobody bothers. And at the end of it all you're left with dev time that could much better be spent elsewhere.

There's really, at the end of the day, only two groups of players who matter for the raiding scene - the majority, who simply want to see content, and the minority, whom want to push themselves to the peak of play. The ultra minority are those who can fully realize that dream, and making content for them is something that never really works out due to a lack of blood these days (it's inevitably a vicious cycle of guilds cannibalizing eachother to try and fulfil their banks with an increasingly small user base of players who have the time and skill for such endeavours). This isn't 2006, where your MMO of choice was the only game you really sunk major time into, and SE just doesn't have the dev time for a three tier system aimed at a situation the market was in ten years ago that'll only end up being worse than a two tier one.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

There are people who run savage solely for fflogs numbers at this point, I'm sure they'd do it for cosmetic items but why the fuck should the devs make 3 raid tiers

It takes them too long to pump out the garbage we already get outside of savage fights

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

Yeah fucking scumbag devs, lets go play wow where they get content updates once a year.

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Scrappy Doo
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I mean if we're fantasizing here would you want 3 versions of the same fight or perhaps another, different, activity to get relevant gear

Can you spare some gil?
    BG Level

You can go play XI for that.

I'm excited for the Garo collab, we have ranger poses now we have some proper outfits.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Hafa Nana
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus

Since patch 3.4 (as far as I remember) game characters in the game's Friend List and Blacklist that were previously listed as "Deleted" (because they actually transferred to another server) have been listed as “Unable to Retrieve”. This gave me hope to see cross-server Friend List and Blacklist implemented with cross-server PF in patch 3.5 (and see the characters' names and servers on the lists if they are on the same Data Center).

Recently I've noticed "Unable to Retrieve" characters in Linkshells. This gives me some hope to see cross-server Linkshells as well.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Satori Komeiji
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Do any other games have that as a built in function?

Not talking like Elv UI with WoW. Just directly a part of the game.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

I dunno about "long overdue", you could already accomplish all of that using multiple hotbars with empty slots and setting empty slots to be invisible, but I guess it's nice.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaisha View Post
    Shit now I WANT to come back.

Sandworm Swallows
    BG Level

Xserver Party Finder.

Finally, a bird farm that doesn't take an hour and a half to accumulate people.