1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 1 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 21 hours, 1 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
    Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Immortal Flames promotion?

I was getting up in ranks for my GC when suddenly I got stuck at Chief Flame Sargeant, the officer asks me to complete the second rank of the hunting log, which I did, and a trial, which I have no idea where to get, he says to talk to the commander, but the commander doesn't say anything, what do?

The Rank:

This is what the officer says when I speak to him:

And the commander next to him, with no quest marker or anything, just saying his usual stuff:

Where do I go from here? Did I miss anything? The log is also completed as you can see:

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

reach cap and finish the story. they will send you back to your grand company to complete another dungeon. do note though, you will get stuck at second lieutenant in every gc. they have not unlocked anything past this yet.

CustomTitle
    Banned for Duping
    HOT LITTLE SNATCH

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jam Valesti
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by zantheman View Post
    reach cap and finish the story. they will send you back to your grand company to complete another dungeon. do note though, you will get stuck at second lieutenant in every gc. they have not unlocked anything past this yet.
    On this note it may be worth avoiding GC log mobs and saving the completion for when they open up new ranks. You'll be capped at 30k seals and hit that pretty easily from FATE and provisions. The log will make for a good burst of seals to rank up quicker once they do.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Alexander
    WoW Realm
    Bleeding Hollow

i hear that, but i didnt mind, as i'm currently buying every single piece (i lied, most) of GC gear and fating on multiple jobs to 50. ill probably recap on my second or third 50.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Need to finish up the story then.

I'll keep in mind about the hunting log, it's a good idea to save it for when they add more ranks, thanks guys!

RIDE ARMOR
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Proudmoore

Quote Originally Posted by Kiarax View Post
    On this note it may be worth avoiding GC log mobs and saving the completion for when they open up new ranks. You'll be capped at 30k seals and hit that pretty easily from FATE and provisions. The log will make for a good burst of seals to rank up quicker once they do.
    The cap for second flame lieutenant is 45,000 GC seals. The rank before it is 30,000 (I believe).

So if you unlock the Second Flame Lieutenant it will also unlock the Rank 3 Hunting Log. Three of the entries are to kill monsters in The Wanderer's Palace, which is unavoidable unless you avoid doing the instance altogether. Which means you may waste three entries worth of seals. However, if you chose not to unlock the highest rank possible, you will have a 15k less GC seal cap. So in the end, it is probably worth losing out on the three hunting log entries for the increased GC seal cap.

Hope that made sense.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Icarian View Post
    Need to finish up the story then.
    Main story done, those were two looong last dungeons if done back to back lol. Got a quest to go to Amdapor Keep.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

On a side note, what are the requirements to be able to change companies?

I'm Second Lt. (from 1.0) and I get the offer if I talk to another GC Personnel Officer, but my friend is [whatever the starting rank is] and he doesn't get that option.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Informative and worthy content, i have gained so much knowledge from here

User was infracted for this post.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith

Quote Originally Posted by tamilse View Post
    I mean, perfect timing for a necrobump I suppose with the fact they're releasing a new rank finally in September..lol

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Alistaire Lexander
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Quote Originally Posted by tamilse View Post
    But where's your other 9 posts?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Such a necro from somebody trying to boost that post count. Why can't these people actually post in a thread that's active instead of posting in a 2 year dead tgread

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Modoru D'kkoru
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Siren

I THOUGHT THIS WAS LIKE A VERY SARCASTIC RESPONSE I WAS SO CONFUSED