1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 11 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 12 hours, 38 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 3 days, 4 hours, 21 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 5 hours, 38 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Fight     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tidane View Post
    Can anyone who has done Titan HM on Monk tell me what the hell you did during the heart phase? I finally got a group that managed to make it to the heart, at which point I (almost continuously) got out of range errors. Once I got in a position to hit him that wasn't in front of him, he'd turn and I'd get the errors again.

I haven't had the issue on any other jobs, so my guess is they not only made Monk a shit DPS, but they also gave them the shortest range?
    Don't stand directly under him, you need a little bit of distance to hit the heart consistently.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by paranoiaxssr View Post
    Don't stand directly under him, you need a little bit of distance to hit the heart consistently.
    Thanks. I saw out of range and got closer. Obviously out of range means I'm too close.

Took a few steps back and was able to hit it.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

If people playing from West Coast are suffering of lag so bad that it makes it nearly impossible to pull through i guess that from Europe as a whole it's just not even doable at all ?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I'm EU and i can dodge shit fairly reliably, there are those random weight of the lands that i'm clearly out off, yet i get hit, and others that i am clearly inside multiple, and come off scott free

I play west coast, bitched more than anyone about my ping to montreal and don't really have a problem dodging anything.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

West coast here, just beat him today. I was able to dodge shit. l2dodgemore

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

it's an accepted bug now on OF. so please, let's go on more about how 'need better internet' and 'learn to dodge'. Cast bars are also messed up. Both my own and the mobs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Teisha Linne
    FFXIV Server
    Moogle
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by CrstyCptSteveWitherspoon View Post
    it's an accepted bug now on OF. so please, let's go on more about how 'need better internet' and 'learn to dodge'. Cast bars are also messed up. Both my own and the mobs.
    Isn't that just because they said it's a problem with different ISPs and S-E will be contacting them to try and resolve shit?

Anyway, any tips/diagram for bombs in Phase 3? Never had a group get past heart and while, if I don't make a mistake, I can dodge shit until that 100% I don't want to be too surprised and fuck up when I finally get past that phase.
    Edit: Scratch that, just saw a video and it seems easy-peasy.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Kelenae View Post
    West coast here, just beat him today. I was able to dodge shit. l2dodgemore
    This is the kind of post that tilts me so hard. I'm not one of those that suffer from lags the most but comon now, it's not like it's not a legit big problem for way too many players.

gtfo with your "l2dodge" comments, are we still at the point we're arguing the necessity to move ASAP and anticipate the best we can according to the knowledge of the mechanics we have ?

Dammit Steve of the House of Weave
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Gokulo View Post
    Isn't that just because they said it's a problem with different ISPs and S-E will be contacting them to try and resolve shit?

Anyway, any tips/diagram for bombs in Phase 3? Never had a group get past heart and while, if I don't make a mistake, I can dodge shit until that 100% I don't want to be too surprised and fuck up when I finally get past that phase.
    Edit: Scratch that, just saw a video and it seems easy-peasy.
    Nah that was a different one where everyone was posting their ISPs, I believe, because those ISPs were servicing this game as a P2P application which was creating a lot of problems.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/t...s-everybody%29

It's an accepted bug now. No comment of course but at least they're letting us know that they know their servers blow and the game is more difficult due to laggy shit storms than actually because people suck at dodging. I mean, there's people that still suck at dodging, like the ones that don't do it.

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Sorry but I needed to vent, I just had some guy use LB on a Granite instead of Titan's heart, of course we proceed to wipe.

PS: Was Duty Finder lvl 34 Titan.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kmexe View Post
    Sorry but I needed to vent, I just had some guy use LB on a Granite instead of Titan's heart, of course we proceed to wipe.

PS: Was Duty Finder lvl 34 Titan.

The hell you wiped on 34 because you didnt use LB on heart?

Turtle Apprentice
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kame Aoren
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Yeah, we had some slow dps and the black mage was suposed to use LB on heart but he decided to use it on the Granite'd SMN. Oh well, cant expect top quality on Duty Finder.

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Can someone on hyperion take me to a winning team? Sadly SCH can't solo it

no!

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

We're stuck forever Rata... no relics for us, or LoB.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Lag is too bad to react to Weights. You need to preemptively move.

After bombs, he uses Geocrush. As soon as he uses Geocrush, count to 2, and begin moving.
    Same thing with the second weights; after Tumult, count to 2, and begin moving.
    The Weight will spawn where you were standing and you'll be out of it by the time it's visible. We stack on his ass to ensure nobody accidentally runs into another weight.

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

I heard it was 4 ppl getting hit by a bomb.... but I've never tested it. Not sure how that would be classified as "fine play" though (i.e. stunning eruptions).

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Persona Nongrata
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by Kami View Post
    This is the kind of post that tilts me so hard. I'm not one of those that suffer from lags the most but comon now, it's not like it's not a legit big problem for way too many players.

gtfo with your "l2dodge" comments, are we still at the point we're arguing the necessity to move ASAP and anticipate the best we can according to the knowledge of the mechanics we have ?
    You shouldnt take my comment too seriously because i wasnt taking it too seriously. I know the lag is bad. But its still beatable.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jahaudant Rivea
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

Beat this guy last night with an expertly crafted pick up group, including people playing on the PS3, and including at least 3 people who cannot avoid Weight of the Land under normal circumstances due to latency.

Tips

1. All members should be in Ventrilo, TS, Mumble, Skype, or whatever other voice communication software you want to use.

2. Don't run with people who will get disheartened and leave, or drop their performance level, just because you have wiped a few times. You WILL wipe, a lot. Like... fucking loads.

3. No matter what anybody says, do not Limit Break Gaols in the heart phase, this is wasted damage. Whack down the first Gaol and Limit Break Titan instead.

4. After the heart dies Titan will do moves in this order:

Mountain Buster > Stomp > Weight > Bombs > Landslide > Mountain Buster > Weight > Gaol > Landslide > REPEAT

Learn this order. Memorize it until you can recite it as easily as the alphabet. Write it on your bedroom ceiling and fall asleep repeating it to yourself. Ingrain it in to your motherfucking skull because this is how you dodge weights, pre-cast Medicas for stomps and prep your tank for Mountain Buster BEFORE he actually does any of it.

5. Your tank does not have to dodge anything except bombs, which makes him or her the ideal person to designate calling out Titan's rotation for the rest of the party. This is extremely important. The fight is so god damn hectic post-heart that even Rain Man will forget what is coming next, having vocal cues to help the dps and healers is literally the most important part of the fight.

6. High latency users can pre-emptively start avoiding Weights - it's not actually that difficult.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast