1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 19 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 4 hours, 19 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 12 hours, 40 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 5 days, 21 hours, 19 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Titan Fight     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Vuitton

Titan Fight

I haven't reached the Titan fight in the MSQ yet, but I will be at PAX in a few hours later today and will be challenging the fight with random people. I think I get a meteor t-shirt or polo or something if I win. Can anyone who's done this successfully run down the fight for me? I'd like to know in advance what to expect so I can (attempt) to inform the randoms I will be playing with in order to ensure success.

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

1) When Titan jumps up in the air, don't stand in the middle where the yellow crystalized floor is.
    2) When you see the floor light up (well at all you should move) but he looks like he's about to charge, get out of the way (move left/right).
    3) When you see Titan's heart, kill it.

Edit: (thanks Yugl)
    4) If someone gets encased by a rock, attack the rock surrounding them to free your party member.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FG1ZpYhQjrU

Use this as a reference.
    The move where he highlights the ground is a knockback and basically pushes players out of the arena. The stone move, when he encases an individual within a boulder, basically prevents that player from action until PT members destroy the encasing. Midfight his "heart" appears (Idr if this is the correct term) and DDs should attack that first.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Out of curiosity, I'm guessing the fall off the arena is fatal?

Wild Card
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Mina Pulchra
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi
    WoW Realm
    Hyjal
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    Out of curiosity, I'm guessing the fall off the arena is fatal?
    Falling off means you don't come back until a wipe or it's over.

Running Hell
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Curly Brace
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Quote Originally Posted by Mina View Post
    1) When Titan jumps up in the air, don't stand in the middle where the yellow crystalized floor is.
    Should also specify don't stand at the very outside of the arena either. When Titan jumps the outer ring of the arena falls and the platform gets smaller. I believe it shrinks twice before it stops. If you are the tank and your party member is trapped in rocks I would suggest leaving it up to your other members. Titan frequently uses a conal AoE attack that could potentially do more harm than good if you bring him near the trapped person. Once Titan's Heart is killed he immediately goes into Earthen Fury mode so heal up and use any damage mitigation abilities you have available to reduce damage. (By immediately I mean he runs to the middle of the arena and starts charging his lazor but Earthen Fury activates soon after)

the whitest knight u' know
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

As for his charge knock-back, it only happens after the first jump, which breaks off the protective rocky edge of the arena. Also, he will target random party members with it (except the tank?), so try to be somewhat spread out from each other and always be ready to move to the side. Interrupting a spell is way better than being one-shot ded.

Vuitton

Thanks everyone :D

Fun fact: if someone falls off and dies and you win you can't go down to raise them (would have to wait to get kicked out I guess).

If you try to jump down to them you'll take the fall damage (down to 1 HP) and immediately zip back up to the platform.

Overall the fights not hard, when I did it the THM got knocked off within the first minute or two and we still did fine.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Can you Swiftcast > jump off > cast Raise/Resurrect as soon as you touch bottom or before you even hit the ground? Would be semi-funny if that worked.

THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU THOU

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiroe Blackrose
    FFXIV Server
    Diabolos
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Niiro View Post
    Fun fact: if someone falls off and dies and you win you can't go down to raise them (would have to wait to get kicked out I guess).

If you try to jump down to them you'll take the fall damage (down to 1 HP) and immediately zip back up to the platform.

Overall the fights not hard, when I did it the THM got knocked off within the first minute or two and we still did fine.
    The dead person can abandon the duty and it still counts as a clear.

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    Can you Swiftcast > jump off > cast Raise/Resurrect as soon as you touch bottom or before you even hit the ground? Would be semi-funny if that worked.
    As you hit the ground and the fall damage is taken you fade out and appear up top, I can't say I tried but you would have to target them as you were falling, and somehow fire off the spell in the split second between hitting the ground and being taken away. I doubt it's doable but like I said I hadn't tried, I don't think I was even able to target them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Blackrose View Post
    The dead person can abandon the duty and it still counts as a clear.
    Oh I was sure they got credit, just found it odd that they either didn't let you go down to raise them or automatically port their bodies to the top after the fight.

Can you roll on items in the loot pool while dead? I can imagine that would be a problem in the hard mode version.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I'm pretty sure you can still roll on items while dead so it's not an issue.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

One that was retarded was that I had to AFK for a bit right at the scene after you beat Titan, and apparently even though you're in a cutscene, it spits your character out in front of the aetheryte in Upper La Noscea. At some point I managed to aggro a Kobold and was killed, completely skipping the scene and pushing me to the next quest objective. I have to go review the scene in an inn in order to see it.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The same issue applies to every CS btw. If you've done the ACN class quest, you're probably familiar with the crates CS where each time an individual pops the NM, the NM cancels the CS.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Miya Kai
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

They need to move cutscene-watching players to a spot that's a little less likely to aggro something or get hit by an AoE. It's not the worst mechanic in the world to have to deal with as a whole, but skipping my major MSQ scene after an instanced battle because my character was placed in the vicinity of aggressive, similar-level mobs is pretty lame.

Or they could just make you untargetable/unhittable while in CSs.

Spoiler: show
    AV goblin footprint 2.0!

True skill only comes from macro switching all your e-peen gear thru 10 pages
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Yugl View Post
    OMG so badass. If only they gave him a voice over to use during the fight. Are Shiva and Ramuh also in quests or not yet?

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

You see Ramuh in a CS but no fights

Shiva is not named at all

Leviathan is named but not seen

Quote Originally Posted by miokomioko View Post
    They need to move cutscene-watching players to a spot that's a little less likely to aggro something or get hit by an AoE. It's not the worst mechanic in the world to have to deal with as a whole, but skipping my major MSQ scene after an instanced battle because my character was placed in the vicinity of aggressive, similar-level mobs is pretty lame.
    Watch CS once, kill aggro, click again and Skipped. Titan battle unlocked.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 40 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast