1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 5 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 18 hours, 33 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 1 days, 22 hours, 26 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 4 days, 11 hours, 33 minutes
+ Reply to Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeb Adiah
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

Questions and Hopefully Answers on Materia Melding

I saw before that materia can get capped on an item if the ilvl of the item it is being melded to is not high enough. Does anyone know of a list of what caps out on what ilvl?

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Raldo Volca
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung

It varies by piece, so no, you'll probably never have a list of all caps for everything on every piece of gear. Your best bet is to get a piece of materia, and check the meld window to see if it gets capped or not.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I believe (but have not kept up with if this is still the case) that the stats on the HQ version of an item are the maxed stats for the attributes on it. Arbitrary example

Robe of Whatever: INT+8, MND+8, PIE+8
    HQ Robe of Whatever: INT+10, MND+10, PIE+10

For NQ robe you could add +2 INT/MND/PIE and any more would be capped. For HQ you wouldn't be able to add any so you'd want something else like Determination, VIT, Spell speed etc.

If you have the ability to meld yourself, just check if the + granted by the materia goes red.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Seravi Edalborez View Post
    I believe (but have not kept up with if this is still the case) that the stats on the HQ version of an item are the maxed stats for the attributes on it. Arbitrary example

Robe of Whatever: INT+8, MND+8, PIE+8
    HQ Robe of Whatever: INT+10, MND+10, PIE+10

For NQ robe you could add +2 INT/MND/PIE and any more would be capped. For HQ you wouldn't be able to add any so you'd want something else like Determination, VIT, Spell speed etc.

If you have the ability to meld yourself, just check if the + granted by the materia goes red.
    That doesn't hold true for all items. An example would be HQ red coral earrings, which only provide +cp before melding, but you can meld a good bit extra +cp.

Try ffxiv (dot) ariyala (dot) com - it's a ffxiv gear calculator. Every piece of gear I've tried it with has shown me the correct melding limits. It's a very handy web site.

(I'm still in the ten posts before I can point to anywhere... So I had to play games with the web site name... (Sigh))

BG's most likeable Québécois
    Pens win! Pens Win!!! PENS WIN!!!!!

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Fleur.C View Post
    Try ffxiv (dot) ariyala (dot) com - it's a ffxiv gear calculator. Every piece of gear I've tried it with has shown me the correct melding limits. It's a very handy web site.

(I'm still in the ten posts before I can point to anywhere... So I had to play games with the web site name... (Sigh))
    http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/LN2C