Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Han Cholo
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Azor A'hai
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas

I can't fucking get enough of the main theme.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Now to hoping for console versions.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Azuremyst

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Now to hoping for console versions.
    Mighty No. 9 stretch goals reshuffled to prioritize consoles

The Kickstarter stretch goals for Mighty No. 9, Keiji Inafune's spiritual successor to Mega Man, have been reshuffled to focus more heavily on console launches, according to the campaign's most recent update.
    Mighty No. 9 is a side-scrolling action game heavily influenced by the Mega Man series. In response to fan feedback, the team said that it will push back the still unannounced "???" stretch goals to move the making of documentary and PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and Wii U version closer. The documentary will now be available at $1,750,000, while the console editions are attainable at $2,200,000.
    "As for the tiers that follow, we're currently revisiting our longer-term stretch goal plan based on this big change as well as other ideas we had (and of course, your feedback)," the update reads.
    Inafune announced Mighty No. 9 last Friday during a PAX Prime panel; the Kickstarter was launched the same day. It achieved its first funding goal less than 48 hours after launch, and reached its first stretch goal of $1.2 million yesterday.
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/9/4/4694...itize-consoles

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Holy shit that is a lot of money in less than a week. 1.5mil with 26 days to go. I wonder how much profit they could make from this?

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Considering how Infaune was fighting ferociously for the creation of "Mega Man Legends 3," despite the fact that it probably would not have sold very well at all—likely even less so than "Rockman Rockman"/"Mega Man Powered Up" and "Irregular Hunter X"/"Mega Man Maverick Hunter X"—I would wager that he doesn't much care about making a large profit. He obviously cares somewhat, as it would be foolish not to, but it is not his driving factor. That doesn't speak for all of the other members of his team, but he is more dedicated to his craft than a lot of designers and developers out there, no matter which country they're from.

If I screw up again Im gone forever.
    Secret Admin

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Oh, I didn't mean to imply that money was their motive or incentive, and I'm assuming all the kickstarter money will be used on production (and likely more money than that, I have no idea how much money it takes to make a video game). It was just insane to me that they made that much money already for a kickstarter, I've never seen that much before, so I was curious how much that would aid them in turning a profit on this thing, especially if it goes to consoles.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Chun Liroy View Post
    Oh, I didn't mean to imply that money was their motive or incentive, and I'm assuming all the kickstarter money will be used on production (and likely more money than that, I have no idea how much money it takes to make a video game).
    This should help: http://vgsales.wikia.com/wiki/Video_game_costs

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Kuroikage View Post
    And it should start at 3, just because.
    I could see the game starting off with Beck escaping from the moon...

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

He should make a kickstarter for megaman legend 3 after this one.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva View Post
    He should make a kickstarter for megaman legend 3 after this one.
    Capcom doesn't want it.

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Going to back it with my next paycheck... I mean if only to help Keiji give the finger to Capcom by essentially recreating and profiting from this legally distinct character that the community all knows is essentially Megaman... as my hatred for them still burns as intensely as the day they canceled MML3.

That and it looks like it'll be a damn fine game.

C A P S UNLEASH THE FURY
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kohan View Post
    Considering how Infaune was fighting ferociously for the creation of "Mega Man Legends 3," despite the fact that it probably would not have sold very well at all—likely even less so than "Rockman Rockman"/"Mega Man Powered Up" and "Irregular Hunter X"/"Mega Man Maverick Hunter X"—I would wager that he doesn't much care about making a large profit. He obviously cares somewhat, as it would be foolish not to, but it is not his driving factor. That doesn't speak for all of the other members of his team, but he is more dedicated to his craft than a lot of designers and developers out there, no matter which country they're from.
    It is sad those 2 games didn't sell well, because they rock. Playing as Vile so fun

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Xajii View Post
    It is sad those 2 games didn't sell well, because they rock. Playing as Vile so fun
    Honestly, I would have bought them on a different system. #idontownapsp

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Too bad Capcom wasn't interested in selling the IP and the MT engine.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Hitoshura View Post
    I can't fucking get enough of the main theme.

I usually don't care much for in-game music in video games, but this is definitely pretty awesome. Can't wait for the finished product already.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprias View Post
    I usually don't care much for in-game music in video games
    And you think it's all right for you to comment in what's essentially a Mega Man thread?

In all seriousness, though, Manami Matsumae—the composer—both worked on the original MM, contributed a little to the second, and then went on to score quite a great deal of Capcom titles.

This is her most recent Mega Man track, as far as I am aware, and it's a real stand-out on the otherwise so-so MM10 soundtrack (which pales in comparison to its direct predecessor musically):

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

If she was responsible for the original Wily Castle theme (not MM2), then I'm not surprised. Such a sad song...

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    If she was responsible for the original Wily Castle theme (not MM2), then I'm not surprised. Such a sad song...
    Yes, she is. She composed all of the music for the original MM.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

And you think it's all right for you to comment in what's essentially a Mega Man thread?
    Why of course. The challenges of Mega Man games and its characters are what made MM, not its music.

Note though that I said "much." MM usually has something that peaks my interest at least.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Cyprias View Post
    Why of course. The challenges of Mega Man games and its characters are what made MM, not its music.
    When it comes to chiptune in video games, the Mega Man series has famously been regarded as high-ranking among the classics. It's an admirable thing, too, especially when you consider that this started on the NES, which only supported five sound channels. The depth and complexity of its tracks made the audio pleasant to hear, and this was in a day and age when it was considered acceptable to complement your game's stages with uninspired beeps and boops, or—at worst—nothing at all. It embodied a level of quality that helped the franchise rocket to stardom.

Consider: you know the theme songs to "Super Mario Bros." and "The Legend of Zelda," correct? Koji Kondo is considered one of the industry's best composers. Likewise, you would know the music from the Wily stages of "Mega Man 2," wouldn't you? Perhaps not, but the answer to that is more likely yes than no—and that's because of how widely appreciated it is. Now, how many other tracks from that era do you remember? Can you think of any? If so, how many? Do you know them as well?

To claim that music isn't a contributing factor to the series' fame isn't true, as it's part of the atmosphere. Naturally, if you play everything muted, you wouldn't experience it regardless—but let's say that you don't. Let's say that you listen to everything. If videogame developers didn't care about the aural component at all, then you would have had to listen to something like this:

Now, compare that to this:

You don't have to listen to the music in a game yourself, but to say that it hadn't anything to do with the series' fame is blasphemy.