BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Just finished the game with Beck. It's not terrible, but it feels underwhelming. I just odn't know why.
    Because its not the second coming of Jesus Christ that most people hyped? >.>

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

Thought this summed up perfectly the issues alot of people are having with Mighty No. 9.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

I lost it at "Shockingly Original"

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaslo View Post
    Because its not the second coming of Jesus Christ that most people hyped? >.>
    Nah, it just feels like I'm seeing something there, but it wasn't fully realized. It's hard to explain.

Everyone was expecting Megaman 9/10 since they had Inti-Creates. We ended up getting Megaman 4/5/6. The special weapons are better than the latter though (way too much so with the not-Crash Bomb and Deflect-Everything Sword).

Another thing is that just like with Azure Striker Gunvolt, MN9 had a lot of it designed with speedrunners in mind, thus things like weapon energy restored when you take Xels. When you get good at the game there's this "rhythm" to it all, but when you're still figuring things out it can be frustrating...then again, I thought that was what people wanted out of a side scroller like this?

This video has some pretty creative use for the Seismic weapon, which I pretty much ignored and dismissed as a piece of crap. Also spoiler Warning, I guess? For the who-cares story of the game.

Still, a lot of the complaints I see are ones you can aim at Megaman, like the lives system or tons of instant kill spikes (or generic complaints like "the stage design is terrible" with no further elaboration). I think it's fine if some people don't like that but I see a ton of people make these complaints who also loved Megaman 9/10 even though those games especially loved placing spikes in strategic spots to trip you up. One exception I'll note is that stupid turbine in Dynatron's stage though- that's just awful.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

The reason though that people don't complain about Megaman doing it is that Megaman was the first to do it and we didn't have the later, better gameplay Megamans around as comparison, with MN9, we do have that, not to mention that MN9 doesn't have the Nostalgia factor to fallback on, couple with the meh story, the bad VA, the delays, the hype that was built up, the bad graphics and design, it can and rightfully does deserve the trashing it is getting.

Also if you are going to say this game is great for speedrunners, all the speedrunners i've talked to (granted only one of them played MM as a speedrun) have trashed the crap out of it too.

If asking about what people wanted out of a side-scroller, people wanted essentially a return to Megaman's better games (X series, Zero Series are still remarked as the best fan favorites), not a return to the "Meh" mechanics of original Megaman.

Megaman 9 and 10 are not ancient games, in fact they're close to the last games Megaman put out before going on ice, yet in that case people praised the games for bringing the series back to a more simplistic style, with "hard as tits" being a positive. Note that I'm not saying MN9 is as good as either of those two games, it's just that I'm seeing specific complaints against MN9 that equally apply to those games.

I'm not going to argue against people slamming MN9 for bad VA or delays etc, I'm just saying lots of people are taking that frustration and extending their complaints to petty complaints which also apply to 9/10, if not all Megaman games (Even by ZXA, the lives system and instant kill spikes were still staples of the series).

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

My complaints have always been:

1) Bullshots betraying my trust
    2) Horrible VA
    3) The choice of going full campy mode with the plot instead of something a bit heavier (personal taste, but its my taste)
    4) Trying to run a goddamn marathon before you've tied your shoes (trying to establish some brand before releasing a quality initial product)
    5) Poor optimization in a modern game with the aforementioned poor graphics

Now, for the record, I rather enjoyed MM4, especially because of the music and a few of the boss fights, but this game is worse than MM4 is in comparison to 2/3. MM4 was made over 20 years ago, and apparently Inafune learned nothing about refining his craft between then and now. You'd expect anyone profession to have improved on their work after 20 years.

Once you take the public's money, you lose the right to "fuck up". This wasn't Capcom greenlighting one of their junior's pet projects. This was the common man funding nostalgia. You don't get to trample on that without repercussions, and you don't get to pull a "well this was like Megaman 1: my next two crowdfunded games will be as impactful as Megaman 2 and 3!!"

Absolute Messenger of Promathia
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Blaise Destin
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Sorry for the bump, but if you're an unfortunate soul like me that backed enough money to get a physical reward, well hell just froze over according to the latest kickstarter letter sent out this evening:

2. Rest of the physical rewards They have been manufactured (most of them), and are getting ready to be shipped out in a couple of weeks. We estimate to ship everything out (with some reaching the backers) by mid-August 2017. Again, we are very sorry for the delay. Fangamer will be sending out emails to everyone (who is waiting for rewards) to confirm the physical address before the shipping. We will update when the email is out, and if you by some reason DID NOT get the email, please contact Fangamer at [email protected] so they can verify the information.
    Only took them nearly a year after the game got released. I guess you can say it's better than nothing. /rimshot

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    Sorry for the bump, but if you're an unfortunate soul like me that backed enough money to get a physical reward, well hell just froze over according to the latest kickstarter letter sent out this evening:

Only took them nearly a year after the game got released. I guess you can say it's better than nothing. /rimshot
    I gotta say its part of Level 5 purchasing Comcept

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries