Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

The way I saw it, Wily was always the Joker to Megaman's Batman. They "needed" each other. if Wily hadn't started trying to take over the world, Rock would still be cleaning up at Dr. Light's pad.
    Spoiler: show
    That is, of course, unless some other mad scientist reared his ugly head.

Definitely has an "end of an era" feel to it.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Aumaan Prime
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Vita/3DS reached, whee.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Oh dear lord, new stretch goals... Want 4M sooooo bad!

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tsugaru Mifra
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I want the chiptune soundtrack.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio View Post
    I dunno, I loved the menu music in MM2.
    Beyond that and the Dr. Wily track, MM2 also had what's surely the second-most famous MM track in all of the series's history—its title music, which eventually became known as Mega Man's theme in other games, such as the Marvel vs. Capcom series.

What? I friggin loved 6. Seriously. Tomahawk had one of the best tracks in the franchise IMO
    I agree that Tomahawk Man's music was great, as it successfully evoked the "Cowboys and Indians" feel, thanks to the galloping drum line. MM6 itself wasn't anything spectacular, though. As you may remember, Capcom didn't even want to release it in the United States—Nintendo had to do it themselves.

As for 7. I know a lot of people hated the ending because of Mega Man actually threatening to kill Wily.
    Personally, I believe that ending showed an evolution of character, and—being a sci-fi lover—I greatly appreciated it, but whether it's canon or not is questionable: http://tcrf.net/Mega_Man_7#Regional_Differences

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno View Post
    How the fuck is MM3 his least favorite? That shit was revolutionary.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mega_Man_3#Development

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    Development on Mega Man 3 began at Capcom over a year after the release of Mega Man 2. The lead supervisor for the first two games quit his job at the company during that gap of time. Artist Keiji Inafune, credited as "Inafking", considered Mega Man 3 as one of his least favorite entries in the series due to "[...] what went into the game and what was behind the release of the game." He had "preset notions" about successful development because of the team's good experience with Mega Man 2 and found that his new superior "didn't really understand Mega Man the way his predecessor did". During the game's production, the developers lost the main planner, so Inafune had to take over that job for its completion. Inafune recalled the final two months of development as particularly turbulent, when he had to take responsibility for assessing and dividing up tasks among the team members who were not meeting deadlines. The team was forced to put Mega Man 3 on the market before they thought it was ready. Inafune concluded, "I knew that if we had more time to polish it, we could do a lot of things better, make it a better game, but the company said that we needed to release it. The whole environment behind what went into the production of the game is what I least favored. Numbers one and two – I really wanted to make the games; I was so excited about them. Number three – it just turned very different."

[...]

Another new character, Proto Man, was introduced in a way that the player would be unable to tell if he was an ally or an enemy to Mega Man. His design was influenced by anime, and he was given both a scarf and shield to make him appear "tougher" than Mega Man. The design team wanted Proto Man to sport uncovered hair, but they instead opted for an open-faced helmet illustration for both the television commercials and instruction manual. Proto Man's original Japanese name, Blues, was changed by Capcom's North American division despite Inafune's protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Also I'm proud of all of you for turning this into a Megaman music thread.
    That's what it was meant to be.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Alright, fuckers, since we're going down this road:

MM: Wily Castle Theme 1. Sounds sad, sounds slightly hispanic, sounds fucking fantastic.

MM2: Quick Man, Flash Man, Wily Castle Theme 1 AND 2. Two is so, so underrated. That's a type of song you never hear anywhere else.

MM3: Snake Man, Spark Man, Wily Castle Theme 2. One of the saddest songs in MM history, IMO, and a very somber theme when deciding which Master to slaughter. Again.

MM4: Stage Select, Boss Battle, Wily Castle Theme 2 and 3, Final Boss. This game has a cornicopia of badass music, and every time you inch closer to Wily, the music gets better and better. The Bass line in the third castle them is stupid for a NES game.

MM5: Wave man. Fucking loved that tune.

MM6: Final Battle Theme. The best thing to come out of this game as a whole. That song -is- energy itself.

MM7: Intro Stage, Stage Select, Shade Man, Bass Theme.

MM8: Frost Man, Bass Theme.

MM9: Splash Woman. Such a lovely tune.

MM10: Sword Man, Boss Battle, Wily Castle 4, Final Battle Theme.

I'm not even going over the X series because I could point out half the songs in each game. Even the Megaman ZX games had great music, like Area O.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

For those who haven't seen Episode 0 of the behind-the-scenes documentary yet:

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Lucavi View Post
    Alright, fuckers, since we're going down this road:

MM: Wily Castle Theme 1. Sounds sad, sounds slightly hispanic, sounds fucking fantastic.

MM2: Quick Man, Flash Man, Wily Castle Theme 1 AND 2. Two is so, so underrated. That's a type of song you never hear anywhere else.

MM3: Snake Man, Spark Man, Wily Castle Theme 2. One of the saddest songs in MM history, IMO, and a very somber theme when deciding which Master to slaughter. Again.

MM4: Stage Select, Boss Battle, Wily Castle Theme 2 and 3, Final Boss. This game has a cornicopia of badass music, and every time you inch closer to Wily, the music gets better and better. The Bass line in the third castle them is stupid for a NES game.

MM5: Wave man. Fucking loved that tune.

MM6: Final Battle Theme. The best thing to come out of this game as a whole. That song -is- energy itself.

MM7: Intro Stage, Stage Select, Shade Man, Bass Theme.

MM8: Frost Man, Bass Theme.

MM9: Splash Woman. Such a lovely tune.

MM10: Sword Man, Boss Battle, Wily Castle 4, Final Battle Theme.

I'm not even going over the X series because I could point out half the songs in each game. Even the Megaman ZX games had great music, like Area O.
    How can you talk about Megaman 9 without mentioning the first Wily stage theme. If there were anything to surpass the castle theme in 2, this would be it:

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Single-Player Call Level: COMPLETE

Next up Retro Chiptunes in 100k!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit

Technically ~$60k after counting Paypal which seems to be a good chance to make it.
    Also, personally loved Flash Man song in MM2

I played these games when I was younger so much that I still remember the songs when my nephew quizzed me (some 4-5 yrs ago) about MM2 songs (he would play them and asked me to guess them) and I got each one right.

TIME OUT MOTHERFUCKER

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Retro is 35k away.

Sincerely doubt we are going to reach Race Mode. Maybe if they leave the Paypal campaign open for a few more days/weeks.

Resident Moogle
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Blackguy View Post
    How can you talk about Megaman 9 without mentioning the first Wily stage theme.
    Not enough love for Megaman 9/10 DLC-content music. That or I have shit taste in music -

And some Tornado man, because.

Happy to see portable versions are funded. Will be playing it on the Vita here, assuming it's day-and-date release with the other versions. Will be a long wait given it's estimated for 2015 anyways.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Retro Chiptunes!

Member since 2006 and still can't think of a title.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Acanis Lindri
    FFXIV Server
    Midgardsormr
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck
    WoW Realm
    Kil'jaeden

For me on MM2 it was Wily Stage 1, Metal Man, Wood Man, Crash(clash) Man as my favorites from the game.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Also, if anyone wants to watch the livecast for the last few hours, when it goes up I believe this link should work for BGChat: http://www.bluegartr.com/chat/twitch/comceptusa

Otherwise twitch.tv/comceptusa

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

PayPal hasn't been updated in a while. They might already have 4 million.

Pandemonium
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

On the live stream, they recently mentioned that they've got around $160,000-ish total on PayPal.

23 minutes left.

It's getting really hard for me to resist throwing more money at this.

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

13k to go to 4M and 14 minutes left...

Eleven owes me $40 bucks