+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
    Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Yeah, that crap is what made Wily's first stage a living nightmare for me.

The shooter bits in Tengu Man's stage were amazing though.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Zeota Fourier
    FFXIV Server
    Leviathan
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Agreed on both points about MM8. Also, I thought "Electrical Communication" (the Japanese intro theme) was great stuff.

Even though the jet sled thing only happened three times (twice in frost man's stage, then one more time in the 1st Wily stage), it was enough to kill any desire to replay it.

I'm probably an odd one out for that, I don't mind the sled stuff in MM8 at all, I thought they were a nice challenge. I also love the voice acting in it in that "it's so terrible it's hilarious" way. Who can forget "Dr. Waiwee"?

Really I think I like almost every MM game on some level (Except for X6 and X7, even I have my limits).

If I was going to compare MN9's stage design to anything, it'd actually be MM1, strangely enough. The platforming gimmicks are a lot simpler like they were in MM1, and you die if you get hit into spikes/instant kills like in MM1 and some parts of the game I played are designed to do this to you on purpose.

Probably no coincidence that one of the level design guys they advertised way back during the Kickstarter, Naoya Tomita, was a level designer for Megaman 1.

I trusted Zet and this is what happened
    Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Deader2818 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls View Post
    http://gematsu.com/2015/09/mighty-no...hes-february-9

America's February 9th, 12th the rest of the world. The demo is also finally available via humble bundle.
    Delayed again to Spring 2016
    Unfortunately, we have an announcement that will be very disappointing to all of you. In preparation for the February release of Mighty No. 9 we have been working hard with our partners to resolve any network issues and porting work necessary to publish Mighty No. 9 on the various platforms. However, the issues relating to the network modes were more critical than expected, and it has become apparent that we will need to delay the game from its February 9th release date. We have been working up until the very last moment to resolve these issues in order to make the February release, but it has become clear that we no longer have enough time to fix the issues and have everything prepared for release.

The reason for the delay is rooted in bugs inside the network modes, and specifically problems with matchmaking. There are two large reasons for this problem, one of them being the large number of platforms supported (the solution for each platform is slightly different) and the other stems from the fact that the engine we are using is no longer being updated which means adjustments for matchmaking and online code are being made manually (actually reprogramming parts of the engine by the dev team themselves). Unfortunately, this is all a result of miscalculations on the part of us, the development staff. As a result, our fans who have been looking forward to Mighty No. 9 have been forced to wait for over half a year longer than expected, and for that we are sincerely sorry. I want to take this chance to apologize personally, and on the behalf of the development staff.

Over the end of the year break and the beginning of 2016, the development staff has been working on these issues non-stop without break, and thanks to their hard work the end is in sight. We continue to make progress to resolve these last issues that have been holding up the release of the game on the different platforms.

Because we are constantly working on it in cooperation with all our partners, we want to wait and make sure that everything is confirmed to be ready before giving a new specific release date. But we expect it to realistically be in Spring 2016.

For this 3rd delay of the game, we have no excuses for disappointing our fans and especially our backers once more. We want to take this chance to express our sincerest apologies to everyone who has looked forward to the release.

Although we are far past our original release date, the release of Mighty No. 9 is still right around the corner. We are all working hard to make sure that we can finish and release the game to all of our fans as quickly as possible, and ask once more for your support of this project that we have created together over these last few years.

Keiji Inafune
    https://www.kickstarter.com/projects.../posts/1473777

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Opened this thread when I saw it bumped expecting this exact bullshit of another delay.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

How long has this been delayed now?

I like to eat food
    BG Level

Original release was September last year I believe. This is the third delay.

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

I think there was one before then l. I believe the inital date was April 2015 or that was what they said on Kickstarter.

Caesar Salad
    BG Level

Wow, what a disappointment. This is the problem with paying for a game before its release, even if you expect nothing but a quality product in the end =\.

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Agreed. I keep forgetting about this game, only reminded about it when something like this makes headlines. Hopefully this won't happen with Bloodstained, but prob not.

Prime Minister of Salt

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Omega Deathbringer
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Odesseiron View Post
    Agreed. I keep forgetting about this game, only reminded about it when something like this makes headlines. Hopefully this won't happen with Bloodstained, but prob not.
    Don't jinx this plz

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nmtd Natlhom
    FFXIV Server
    Coeurl

Maybe it's blind optimism, but Bloodstained seems to be the antithesis of MN9 in actual development practices. They just get compared to each other a lot because "Japanese Dev gets upset that his company doesn't want to make his type of niche game anymore, leaves, makes a kickstarter studio." They've made efforts to actually show their work on a steady step-by-step progress, whereas Inafune seems to be of the Peter Molyneux-esque "who cares about that old shit, let's talk about what the NEXT thing will be like" mindset.

The Defense is ready, Your Honor
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lord Longhaft
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Mug'thol

Makin kickstarter look real good every time they announce another "tidbit" of information.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Quote Originally Posted by TheDirtyHobo View Post
    Maybe it's blind optimism, but Bloodstained seems to be the antithesis of MN9 in actual development practices. They just get compared to each other a lot because "Japanese Dev gets upset that his company doesn't want to make his type of niche game anymore, leaves, makes a kickstarter studio." They've made efforts to actually show their work on a steady step-by-step progress, whereas Inafune seems to be of the Peter Molyneux-esque "who cares about that old shit, let's talk about what the NEXT thing will be like" mindset.
    You realize MN9 and Bloodstained are being developed by the same studio right?

Eleven owes me $40 bucks

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaslo Essyx
    FFXIV Server
    Famfrit
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

http://www.mightyno9.com/en/20160502

A message from Keiji Inafune –

“To all of our backers and fans of Mighty No. 9,

Firstly, I would like to say again how sincerely sorry we are for how long we have kept all of our fans waiting. We are finally able to deliver some long awaited news regarding Mighty No. 9. We have now confirmed the following release dates for Mighty No. 9: June 21st 2016 (North America & Asia) and June 24th 2016 (World Wide). We understand that as a result of the various delays we have disappointed and let down our fans, but we are happy to finally be able to deliver the game to everyone who brought us this far.

With the game having “gone gold” we are in the last final stages of being able to deliver it into your hands, be that via your favorite retail outlet, or via digital channels.

Therefore the release date we are announcing is set in stone and there will be no further delays for the game.

Portable versions for PlayStation® Vita and Nintendo 3DS ™ will follow at a later point.

It has been almost three years since the start of our Kickstarter campaign, which was only made possible through the support of our backers and fans around the world. This is a project where everyone’s passions were combined in order to create something very special, and we are looking forward to delivering the final product to everyone who was involved. There can be no stronger connection between game creators and game fans.

Now that the dust has settled, we will be delivering Mighty No. 9 to everyone next month. How long will it take you to clear the main story on NORMAL? How many people are going to be able to clear MANIAC mode? What is going to be the fastest record for the time attack mode? We are looking forward to seeing the community answer all of these questions for us! Make sure to let us know your feedback and thoughts on the game through our SNS channels as you play the game. Your voices are what made this game possible, and we want to continue hearing what you think so that it may influence our future endeavors. “

-Keiji Inafune

Art Connesseur of Blue Gartr
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Odess E'iron
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Won't believe it til I actually see it in my Steam Library!

Shimmy shimmy ya shimmy yam shimmy ya
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

Yeah. I call bullshit. Shit will be delayed til holiday 2016 season. Not holding my breath Inafune you asshole.