1. FFXIV Reset Timers
    Last daily reset was 17 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next daily reset is in 6 hours, 20 minutes
    Last weekly reset was 2 days, 10 hours, 39 minutes ago / Next weekly reset is in 3 days, 23 hours, 20 minutes
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Macros     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Macros

I don't know if this is advanced, but I think it could use a place for discussion. There's so many basic things I want to do that I can't seem to make work. For example:

-Pet commands. I have no idea how to bind them, which sucks because pets are stupid. Using any ability (even when pets are on Steady) causes a switch to Guard and makes the pet spam CDs unless you reinput Steady/Obey afterwards. An easy macro to fix this would be a macro for the ability then reinput Steady.. but like I said I can't get it to work.

-Situational commands. By default, the game will cast friendly/healing spells on yourself if you have a hostile target. Otherwise, they will be cast on your target. The following is the only way I can find to recreate the BASIC functions of these spells:
    /ac Cure <t>
    /ac Cure <me>

Which works. But it also gives an error message in the log (which you can turn off), and an error message popup in the middle of the screen (which you can't turn off afaik?). It sucks because in order to use a macro for other reasons, you either lose this basic functionality or get errors thrown at your face. I don't know why but it's dumb. Any workarounds?

And so this isn't just me asking stupid questions, here's a couple of things I found that come in handy:

/macroicon "Ability" at the beginning of the macro sets the icon to that ability. Handy because not all icons are manually selectable.

<focus> works for your focus target. <tt> for target's target. <mo> for mouseover.

/mk attack1/bind1/ignore1/circle/square/etc to add marks to abilities.

/ac "Sprint" <me>
    /wait 30
    /repeat a lot for lazy mode town running.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    -Situational commands. By default, the game will cast friendly/healing spells on yourself if you have a hostile target. Otherwise, they will be cast on your target. The following is the only way I can find to recreate the BASIC functions of these spells:
    /ac Cure <t>
    /ac Cure <me>

Which works.
    Are you saying that /ac Cure <t> won't cast (or will cast on an enemy) if you execute it when you have an enemy targeted?

Have you already tried /ac Cure with no arguments?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Another nice macro that you can use is /recast "Ability", which will print a line to chat box that says time remaining on ability CD. I.e. I have a macro that uses Fight or Flight and then prints out the remaining time on CD. In this case, it prints out: Fight or Flight 1:30. If I use it again while ability is still on CD, it will say 0:53 or whatever the remaining time is.

Two questions I have about macros though.
    1) Can you get a Macro icon to show the cool-down timer as if it were an ability? I'm curious if by using that /macroicon command it will show the CD as well.

2) Anyone have any luck with getting multiple buffs to work in the same macro? I've been trying to do the following, but I keep running into issues where occasionally the second one won't work.

/ac "Fight or Flight" <me>
    /recast "Fight or Flight"
    /wait 0.5
    /ac "Bloodbath" <me>
    /recast Bloodbath

**Edit** Was able to get online before the Maintenance. /macroicon "Fight or Flight" will actively show the CD overlay on the icon. That makes things so much nicer.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    Are you saying that /ac Cure <t> won't cast (or will cast on an enemy) if you execute it when you have an enemy targeted?

Have you already tried /ac Cure with no arguments?
    Ya, and it'll also just error out if you don't have a target at all, whereas the default spell will cast on yourself. I haven't tried no arguments at all.

I'm also being told you can't do pet commands yet, which really sucks. Hopefully this is wrong and its just a changed syntax.

An exploitable mess of a card game
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Gouka Mekkyaku
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos

No pet commands is correct. I think macros ignore ACN-specific stuff in general (The onry pet class atm) because the macro images don't even include ACN abilities.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras View Post
    Ya, and it'll also just error out if you don't have a target at all, whereas the default spell will cast on yourself. I haven't tried no arguments at all.

I'm also being told you can't do pet commands yet, which really sucks. Hopefully this is wrong and its just a changed syntax.
    Not in-game right now to test it but what if you try:

/ac "Cure" <tt>
    /ac "Cure" <t>
    /ac "Cure" <me>

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by darkscion0 View Post
    Not in-game right now to test it but what if you try:

/ac "Cure" <tt>
    /ac "Cure" <t>
    /ac "Cure" <me>
    Not sure the purpose of that suggestion. It doesnt get rid of the on-screen error and doubles the log errors lol.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

What is the command to call another macro? I'm trying to setup a chain to accomplish several synths with one button press.

Bard-turned-Miner
    BG Level

/macroicon and /micon do not seem to be working for Jump. I've tried Jump both with and without quotes. Might this one be bugged, or is there something else I need to do? It's working fine with other abilities.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

This might be a dumb case where it's confusing the DRG Jump with the general action Jump.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Anyone now if <st>, <stnpc> etc. still exist from FFXI? I used to use these quite a bit and can't find a substitute. I haven't gotten any to work.

Strider/Doom/Cyclops
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Viper Beam
    FFXIV Server
    Balmung
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

I believe <st> is now baked directly into the targeting system.

Specifically, if you select a target and push confirm, it puts the arrow indicator over their head and ground circle (with direction indicator) under their feet. At that point, if you use directional targeting (KB: Numpad, PS2: Dpad) to highlight a target, it will only use the thin mid-body circle indicator, and if you use an action at that time, it will execute your action on the thin circle target and return you to your original target. In your party list, it looks like bright blue bar on main target, thin yellow bar cycles through on subtargets.

Basically, Numpad/Dpad work as <st> automatically. However, Tab and Function keys still change your main target.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Dan View Post
    I believe <st> is now baked directly into the targeting system.

Specifically, if you select a target and push confirm, it puts the arrow indicator over their head and ground circle (with direction indicator) under their feet. At that point, if you use directional targeting (KB: Numpad, PS2: Dpad) to highlight a target, it will only use the thin mid-body circle indicator, and if you use an action at that time, it will execute your action on the thin circle target and return you to your original target. In your party list, it looks like bright blue bar on main target, thin yellow bar cycles through on subtargets.

Basically, Numpad/Dpad work as <st> automatically. However, Tab and Function keys still change your main target.
    Thank you. I tried this out and I think it'll probably be better than <st> once I get used to it.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jehryn Ambrose
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

The best part about <stnpc> was that you could use it with /recast's to see if an ability is up, and if not, press Circle to cancel the macro.. Sometimes I'd like to do that with my all-in-one macros in XIV.. Just use it to check the /recast of multiple abilities without actually using them.. Doesn't seem to be a way to do that in XIV without it actually firing off the abilities after your /recasts

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Is there anyway to dismount with a marco line so I can tie my dismount to my opening attack?

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Is it possible to link two macros together? The purpose would be a one click crafting macro to synth these 2000ish logs my botanist friend sent me.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Starby View Post
    Is it possible to link two macros together? The purpose would be a one click crafting macro to synth these 2000ish logs my botanist friend sent me.
    Not sure about in game, but a lot of gaming mice and keyboards (I have Logitech G510 and G710) let you write up macros as well or you could tie two macros (or loop them) to one button.
    We need spellcast in this game badly. Not being able to do /wait in macros to 1/1000 precision drives me insane.
    Functions like if(CP>xxx) and IF(buffactive=xxx) would be godsend too.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I figured it would come down to hardware. Thanks.

A way to distinguish between excellent/good/poor conditions would be awesome as well.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Ael Finn
    FFXIV Server
    Goblin
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

Quote Originally Posted by Yeargdribble View Post
    Is there anyway to dismount with a marco line so I can tie my dismount to my opening attack?
    on a similar note, mounting with a macro... so i can survey for closest mining/harvesting point and hop on my choco with a single click.

Old Odin
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Seravi Edalborez
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

I would guess
    /ac "Nameofmountaction" <me>
    Which is the same whether mounting or dismounting.